Alnylam Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2015

2.7

Scientist Interview

Interview

Rigorous but great experience. They know exactly what they are looking fur in the candidate. Everyone was candid and curious to know what your strengths are and what you would bring to the table.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Roughly two hours spent speaking with group leader and two laboratory PIs. Group leader used profanity within the first two minutes of the interview. PIs were very practical and generally informative, though they did seem quite reserved or less than positive when asked about their satisfaction with the company. In addition, none of the interview panel were interested in providing much information about the role outside of the absolute basics.

Interview Questions

• I can be a bit of an *******. How do you work with that?   2 Answers

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam.

Interview

Hiring was fast and aggressive. I only had a weekend to review the offer and submit my answer. The interview did not require a presentation and met with colleagues on 2 different visits. Everyone was nice and the discussions focused on relevant information.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to get them to budge on start date or salary.

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alnylam (Cambridge, MA) in November 2008.

Interview

Received a call through a recruiter with the company. Went in for first interview day. Met with 6 people. It lasted 5 hours. Got a call back to meet with the vice-president of research and a lead director for chemistry. Got the call about two days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to make several boxes with my skill categories.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have no experience with the negotiation there because I accepted what they gave me which was 45K as a Research Tech.