Alonti Catering

Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alonti Catering in April 2012.

Interview Details – The company found my information on a job search website and contacted me concerning a position that they felt my job experience was the right fit for. The first interview was at one of their restaurants in downtown Houston with the District Manager. He was very professional and very excited about the company that he represented. That was a big plus for me to see. He was very detailed in his questions and he asked me to solve many tricky scenarios that a manager would potential have to deal with. The interview lasted a little over an hour. I then had a follow up interview with the owner of the company. He is one of the sharpest people I have ever interviewed with. The district manager was also present. Let me add that he too was very on point with his interviewing skills. The second interview last about an hour and it basically was a time they used to get a snapshot of my personality and understanding of the industry. I left that interview speechless and not sure what to expect. I felt like I had just left a room with the industries finest. After I had passed the second interview I was sent an email link with 2 assessments. One was based on personality and one was math and language. They were definitely not the easiest assessments I have done for an employer. Next was a criminal and financial background check. The last step was to visit a restaurant during operating hours from 6am - 11am. It was a very insightful visit as to what the culture of the company was. At the end of this observation period the district manager sat with me and made me an offer that I could not refuse. I am very excited about what the future holds with Alonti!

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you would do to win a potential customer over for life. What are the 3 critical components.   Answer Question
  • What are the 6 most important controllers of food cost management?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Associate Interview

Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alonti Catering in July 2010.

Interview Details – the manager is a real douchebag. he looked at my resume and saw i had no experience. then he said he wouldnt hire me just because of that. he never asked any real questions or cared about anything i said.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alonti Catering? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alonti Catering interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Alonti Catering employees and interview candidates.