Alorica

85 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manufacturing Production Manager Interview

Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alorica.

Interview Details – Panel interview with senior managers

Interview Question – Bring a PowerPoint presentation from your prior employer about a positive change you drove.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Present your facts to validate market value and you will get your ask. If you do not, you may be low balled.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Alorica in December 2011.

Interview Details – - Received a phone screening from the recruiter regarding my experience in reference to the position.
- Came in for a group interview with one of the team managers and completed a basic math and comprehension assessment on site
- Received offer a later with an offer and training schedule

Interview Question – Very basic interview questions relating to sales and customer service experience questions. A couple of questions relating to behavior and what you would do in certain situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Absolutely no room for negotiation. You take your $9 per hour and deal with it

Senior Developer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Alorica.

Interview Details – The person who initially calls for the interview was very nice and friendly. That person explained how the whole interview process would work, gave out the correct contact information, and properly setup the appointment with the interview. When I arrived on time, I did have to wait about 15 minutes, which I guess is ok, considering an appointment was setup. I was then welcomed into a conference room with 3 other people in the room asking questions about my previous work and experience. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Question – What was most difficult is having the interview with 3 people in the room. It wasn't mentioned to me that the interview would be with 3 people. Trying to focus your answers to the entire group can sometimes be difficult. The whole interview process seemed a bit cold. I really didn't get a sense of enthusiasm from the group.   View Answer

Clovis, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Alorica in March 2014.

Interview Details – My interview was short I felt cheated because they didnt really ask about me or why I want to work at alorica. And they ask me all kinds of interview questions but yet the girl next store to me they didnt even ask her anything and they hire her on the spot.

Interview Question – Questions were dumb questions to ask   Answer Question

Call Center Customer Agent Interview

Kennesaw, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alorica in September 2013.

Interview Details – One would have to take an assessment, submit a resume and go through an interviewing process.

Interview Question – There really weren't that difficult of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was any. They pay their employees 9.00 hr.

Inbound Sales Representative Interview

Inbound Sales Representative
Longwood, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alorica.

Interview Details – Extremely misleading and unethical interview process. Don't waste your time, if they can't even get the hiring and recruiting right then working there is even worse. I was called by their HR lady for a phone interview immediately upon applying for a B2B sales position which I understood was for American Express. After the phone interview, she asked me to come in and meet with the hiring manager. I did so a few days later, and the interview went well- so well, in fact, that he offered me the job right on the spot.

After the hiring manager made the offer, he told me to wait on his original HR person to come in and give me the information on training, the offer letter, and the general W-2 and I-9 information, etc. She did so. The offer letter was missing a start date, however, which she explained by saying they were hiring me into a distinct position and wanted to schedule a separate training from the hiring class they were currently starting out. She had me fill out the standard IRS forms, gave me paperwork on dress codes and company policy, benefits information, and all the usual stuff one receives when they have been hired- "HIRED" being the operative word. Also, she collected my drivers' license and social security numbers and told me they would be running a standard background check- along with forms to arrange the drug test. She told me she would be calling me within the next two days with my start date at which time I would need to get the drug test done (since it is time-sensitive) and I left fully under the impression that I had gotten the job. Ahem. Since that is what I had specifically been told.

What happened afterward is one of the most unprofessional things I have ever heard of in my career. If their big name clients like American Express knew that these are Alorica's business practices, I am pretty sure they would outsource with a better company. It appears, however, that Alorica has done a reasonable job with keeping these unethical practices under wraps or else hired a reputation management firm, as I keep seeing bad reviews posted about them which seem to disappear shortly thereafter. They obviously know they are not a good company and have secrets to keep.

Long story short, after furnishing them with huge amounts of personal information and allowing a background check under the auspices of having been hired, I NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN. Never got the promised phone call with the start date. Never did the drug test. And never got any response when I attempted to follow up. When I tried to reach the HR lady, she was never available and when I asked for the manager that had hired me they always had some weird-sounding excuse. It is useful to know that I have zero criminal history or anything else that would show up on my background, so that cannot have been a reason. Finally I went into the office unannounced, in professional dress, and asked again for the hiring manager. They kept me waiting a very long time and were very secretive and weird about the whole thing. After nearly half an hour a different HR person appeared and she had someone else with her (some sort of buffer?). I maintained my professionalism and simply stated that I had been confirmed hired by so-and-so, given all the appropriate paperwork, and was told I would be given a start date by the previous week but had not received that information yet. Alorica was extremely evasive and phony, as well as secretive and vague in their responses. They would not directly answer me nor would they acknowledge that I had been hired, or commit to any answers forthcoming. They simply continued to be vague and stonewall me until I finally exited requesting a confirmation call within 24 hours and notified them that if I was not in fact hired I wanted the originals and any copies of personal information I had submitted to them returned to me. At this point they seemed to take offense. But what else was there to do? It had been two weeks since I was "hired" and it was clear that I was being lied to.

My advice is do not waste your time with this company, and definitely don't give them your personal information. I don't know what kind of racket is going on in there, but I have had all of my accounts, etc. monitored since this incident for identity theft and multiple strange flags have popped up which never happened before I encountered Alorica. I can't say that it was them for sure, but my suspicion is that there is definitely a connection. You are better off pretty much anywhere else.

Interview Question – No difficult questions arose, it was obvious that my qualifications well surpassed my interviewer's (whom I was told was the hiring manager) and he was visibly impressed with everything I said.   View Answer

Technical Support Interview

Technical Support

Interviewed at Alorica

Interview Details – The process was very simple. I met first with a recruiter. I recommend dressing professional and bring a resume. I was looking for a basic position, but I received a better one, because I was prepared.

After the initial interview, I returned on another day to take a basic computer competency test and a drug screen.

Interview Question – Why would you ever want to work here?   View Answer

Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alorica in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was unorganized. It was as if we were playing musical chairs. First you went into the testing center. Once completed you sat in section C to wait for your results. Once you passed you were then asked to sit in section B to wait for your interview. If you passed the interview you were then asked to go and sit in section A to complete your new hire paperwork.

Interview Question – Can you remember a time when you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The salary is set.

Sunrise, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Alorica in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially called in for an interview but had to stay for almost 4 hours to do an evaluation and after all that I still had to come back the following week to complete a grammar and spelling test.

Interview Question – All the questions asked where very simple and easy to answer a middle school student could answer the questions and still get the job.   Answer Question

Terre Haute, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alorica in May 2013.

Interview Details – They will hire anyone. If they call you, you are hired.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alorica

Worked for Alorica? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alorica interview questions and advice. All 85 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alorica employees and interview candidates.