Alpari (UK)

Alpari (UK) Interview Questions

2.8

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Alpari (UK) in October 2013.

One of the most pathetic interview I have ever been to. I have had my share of interviews and have also conducted some myself, but this was by far the worst. First question on the telephonic interview is Salary expectations, next a range of questions are totally irrelevant to the job spec. SQL questions are fired around as though your life depends on it. Then you get invited for a F2F, just to see the genius behind the phone call. Firstly, only the Manager walks into the interview room afer making me wait for 10 mins, no apologies asked. There were some more SQL questions where you are expected to write executable queries, no syntax errors mind you !!! Then some block diagrams are flashed in front of you with zero or no help available as to what needs to be done. 30 mins into the interview, we both knew this was not going to work. The questions covered did not even cover 20% of my CV strengths. I somehow felt that the lone interviewer knew only SQL and kept asking me to write SQL statements that would run on paper. I felt that things did not work out for a reason, I would have definitely struggled to work with the delusional freak running the shop there. Not even the posh office in a posh area sold it for me. I returned sad thinking it was utter waste of good time and money. I would avoid Alpari like plague in future. I might seem bitter not getting the job, but, I was already holding an offer for more money than on offer in Alpari, but wanted to give Alpari a chance because their job spec looked great.

Interview Questions
    • sql query to select a bunch of fields from a table. That is as tough as it can get.   View Answer

Digital/Ecommerce/Online Marketing Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alpari (UK).

Communication and interview arrangements very positive however as an introvert, the telephone interview didn't go well with me. This could be a downside for those highly technical who tend to be on the introvert side. It was intense, awkward, difficult to engage with interviewer,quick without an opportunity to express passions for the company or why you think you are suitable for the role. It felt like an exam where you just have to get the questions right. I found some of the questions very out of of the box interview questions and mind boggling.

I would have preferred a Skills Test.

The recruiter responded with feedback after a few weeks.

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alpari (UK).

Seems complete waste of time. I got a mail from HR for telephone interview. On the day of the interview, the interviewer didn't call me on time. Had to drop an email to HR requesting for reschedule.

The interview was pathetic. He asked me precisely 3 questions like hashmap, synchronization object, and critical section (I am pretty sure that I answered okay) and he said HR will call me to let me know about the outcome.
    I was completely shocked...the interview didn't last for more 3 minutes...I also offered to talk about more...

Anyways got rejected. Hope you will have better experience.
    Best of luck

Senior Asp.net Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alpari (UK) in February 2013.

It was complete waste of time.
    You will be given a test consisting 28 questions and 1.5 hour to complete it.
    The test contains questions to check knowledge of c#, asp mvc, sql, wcf.
    You will have a random feedback like: "Your style is not good for continue further ..."

Trading Applications Support Engineer Interview

I applied on line and I was called for a telephone interview and then I got invited for a face to face technical interview. The office was very modern and very good environment to be working in.

Interview Questions
    • Create for me a system to let me know when an error comes out from a log file produced on real time system on 3 servers ?   View Answer