Alpha & Omega Semiconductor

Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Process Integration Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alpha & Omega Semiconductor in May 2012.

Interview Details – I got phone interview with hiring manager. After that another phone interview with around 5 interviewers. On site interview was done after phone interview.

Interview Question – Very basic text based question in terms of device physics   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Analog Design Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alpha & Omega Semiconductor in December 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview process was standard. I initially met with the hiring manager and the VP and I was called again for a detailed interview with all their team members. The questions that were asked were very good and I got a good feeling about the team. After the interview process, I was told that they were interested and they even went on to give me a verbal offer with the exact salary and compensation details.At the same time, I also had a similar opportunity from another company and so they asked me if I will accept their offer. I had accepted the offer and after that, things started going bad. They remained silent for a long time. When asked, they said the CEO has not signed the offer yet. And suddenly they said they wanted me to meet another VP. Even during this interview, I was never given a full appraisal of the situation. There was also no apology for the delay and everything was kept quiet. And then later they said, they are having a hiring freeze and things cannot move forward! My question is why give verbal offers in the first place when they are in a hiring freeze?? Why call me for a second round of interview? Why give me the hope that things will work out? This has by far been my worst interview experience and because of them, I have lost another opportunity that could have worked out!

Interview Question – The questions that they asked were standard and detailed towards designing Analog blocks.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alpha & Omega Semiconductor? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alpha & Omega Semiconductor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Alpha & Omega Semiconductor employees and interview candidates.