AlphaSights

AlphaSights Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2015
Updated Mar 1, 2015

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Submit a resume and a short answer to a question on their website. Heard back for a one-way video interview online, where candidates answer approximately 10 questions with 30 seconds to speak each. The next step in the process was the Google Hangouts interview.

Other Interview Reviews for AlphaSights

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AlphaSights.

I sent in an application via campus recruiting services and got an interview two weeks later. The interview was pretty informal; it seemed more like a conversation than an interrogation. I was, however, turned off by my interviewer's gloating about his previous accomplishments. It was the last interview of the day, and it clearly showed in the way he and his colleague conducted the conversation.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at AlphaSights.

First round was a 15 minute interview with an HR member followed by 30 minutes with an upper level management individual. I thought the 15 minute screen was rushed and the 30 minute interviewer was a bit arrogant. But I still think it's a solid company and wish them the best of luck.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Initial contact was great, kept in touch while interested. Went in for the interview, the people interviewing tried to create an unnecessarily "exclusive" vibe. The entire tone and environment was very condescending. At no point did I feel comfortable, wanted, or even happy.

After the interview I was never contacted. I am happy that I wasn't.

I would not recommend accepting an interview or a job offer here. Take your talents somewhere else, you deserve better.

Interview Questions
    • I don't understand your professional goals, can you please go into more detail?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at AlphaSights in February 2015.

Online interview with video was difficult. The questions asked were not, but not enough time was offered to us to answer. It was not easy to come up with appropriate responses in the time allotted.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights in February 2015.

Still in progress. First step was what they call an AVA which is where you record yourself answering questions. You are given the prompt on screen and have five seconds before you have to respond. You are then given anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute and 30 seconds to respond. Next step is a Google Hangout interview.

Interview Questions
    • Q: What type of music do you listen to?
      Q: What was your most entreprenueiral experience?
      Q: Describe Alpha Sights in your own words?
      Q: What are three things you wish to gain after college?

Answer Question

Did not decline -- still ongoing application process.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Video interview with no one on the other side. Applied online and that was the first step. It was awkward as it was not what is usual. Given 30 seconds to 1 minute to record each answer.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Took TTI - I was nervous but it was a cool experience. Heard back a couple of days after for a on-site interview. Had 2 rounds, 4 interviewers - asked me about resume/behavioral questions and went through a brief case study with me. Heard back a couple of days later for final rounds.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

The first round is an awkward 'get to know you video' that literally asks about your interests. You sit at a screen and a webcam tapes you as you record your answers. Questions pop up for 15 seconds or so and then it starts recording. Make sure your answers are concise! I have a second round skype interview coming up soon.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at AlphaSights in January 2015.

I was given instructions on how to conduct a video interview with recorded responses. It was strange watching the time tick away for each question, and some questions gave you more time to respond than others.

It wasn't too unpredictable because of the other questions that people mentioned here. Describe yourself, what was your favorite movie, etc. etc.

It was a pretty innovative interview method, if extremely unnatural feeling.