AlphaSights

Updated Jan 19, 2015
Updated Jan 19, 2015

90 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Video interview with no one on the other side. Applied online and that was the first step. It was awkward as it was not what is usual. Given 30 seconds to 1 minute to record each answer.

Other Interview Reviews for AlphaSights

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Took TTI - I was nervous but it was a cool experience. Heard back a couple of days after for a on-site interview. Had 2 rounds, 4 interviewers - asked me about resume/behavioral questions and went through a brief case study with me. Heard back a couple of days later for final rounds.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

The first round is an awkward 'get to know you video' that literally asks about your interests. You sit at a screen and a webcam tapes you as you record your answers. Questions pop up for 15 seconds or so and then it starts recording. Make sure your answers are concise! I have a second round skype interview coming up soon.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Video recording done online. Approximately 8-9 questions, took about 10-15 minutes. Questions were pretty simple, nothing out of the ordinary. Just be sure to familiarize yourself with company and complete standard interview prep.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights in December 2014.

The interview process was very simple. Instead of an online questionnaire, they contacted me directly for a phone interview. The recruiter was very nice and actually seemed interested in my responses. The process lasted about half an hour and I am now waiting to hear back from her. Don't sweat the first interview - do your research on the company!

Interview Questions
    • Questions during the interview were common/popular interview questions. Just do your research on the company and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights in December 2014.

First few stages where online video assessments, followed by a Skype Interview with one of the recruiters. This went smoothly and I really enjoyed my recruiter and felt supported during this step. Got an invite to the final round the day after my first round Skype interview.

Logistically, final round is difficult. AlphaSights only covers $150 of expenses, and as you can imagine booking flights to New York City in a few days (did not get a confirmation on when I could come in until 4 days before my interview) meant the airfare costs hundreds.

The final round is what really turned me off to AlphaSights. Its a series of behavioral interviews with senior level managers. Specifically, the 2 person interview was extremely hostile and negative. Interviewers cut you off during your responses, and respond negatively to answers such as, "So what did you learn then?" and overall came off as if they were not engaged or interested. In fact, one of my interviews had to leave 15 minutes before the end of my interview. Overall, the questions seemed unguided. For example, was literally asked 4 times why I chose my University, thus it felt like I was a senior in high school again. Some comments by interviewers were negative towards past experiences and disrespectful to other organizations.

In short, left the final round less interested, and turned off by the process. Not to mention all the interviewers were white males in the early 30's.

Interview Questions
    • Questions ranging from: Why did you pick your university, to tell me about a unique trait a friend of yours has, and overall bizarre questions that do not lend themselves well to CAR/STAR model.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at AlphaSights.

I applied through Alphasights website. I received an email for an interview through an automated video interview. It was weird because there was no one on the other side. I was asked with 8 behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Online one-way video interview. It is as impersonal as it gets. I would recommend preparing your answers thoroughly before hand because the time slots given to you to answer the questions are very tight.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mostly basic behavioral questions, but the online video interview is a little uncomfortable   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

I've only done the first round which was the video interview and it really wasn't bad. Have yet to hear back, it's only been a week or so but so far it has been a very positive experience.

Analyst Interview

I did a video interview by myself that I recorded through my webcam. Each question is 30 sec to a min. They come fast and furious... be prepared. They initially responded about 3-4 days after I submitted my application