AlphaSights

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

The application was relatively easy and simple. Get an interview for an video interview with about 8 questions and you get 30 seconds to answer them. Then an online skype interview a few months later. Pretty basic

People Operations Interview

I sent in my application and received an automated response email basically saying thanks for applying and we may or may not get back to you. I was very pleasantly surprised when I got a response the next day saying they will be in touch soon and attaching a bunch of links to consider, presumably for a phone interview. They sent me an additional email the next day with more links. After that, they went silent for over a week, after which I reached out to them to tell them I'm still interested. Then they responded that I am no longer being considered. I thought it was very inconsiderate of them to give me false hope and make me waste my time researching them thoroughly without giving me the chance to have an interview.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Video interview with no one on the other side. Applied online and that was the first step. It was awkward as it was not what is usual. Given 30 seconds to 1 minute to record each answer.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

I've sent my CV and the 200-word answer about how I achieved their core value.
    (I attended a university on their list, so it could be an advantage although I didn't apply through school recruitment office. I had little working experience but still get the first-round interview, so I guess the criteria is not extremely strict in the initial steps)
    I got invitation for an AVA interview exactly 2 weeks later. I am still preparing for the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The 200-word answer about how I achieved their core value could be tricky   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Took TTI - I was nervous but it was a cool experience. Heard back a couple of days after for a on-site interview. Had 2 rounds, 4 interviewers - asked me about resume/behavioral questions and went through a brief case study with me. Heard back a couple of days later for final rounds.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

The first round is an awkward 'get to know you video' that literally asks about your interests. You sit at a screen and a webcam tapes you as you record your answers. Questions pop up for 15 seconds or so and then it starts recording. Make sure your answers are concise! I have a second round skype interview coming up soon.

I applied online – interviewed at AlphaSights.

There was the video interview after completing the application online. There were about 5 to 6 questions. You were given about 30-60 seconds to answer each one. I think this is very impersonal and shows how lazy Alphasights is in terms of the interview process. A few days later I was given an invite for google hangouts interview. I had the hangouts interview and the interviewer was very passive aggressive and defensive of alphasights as a company. The analyst position doesn't really seem very substantive to me. We'll see if I make it to the final round. I don't think we clicked and I think this dynamic of camaraderie is just as important as how you answer the questions.

Interview Questions
    • It was very behavioral. There was nothing very difficult.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at AlphaSights.

Started with Skype interview- easy 8-10 questions all behavioral/why you want to join Alphasights
    next round is a Skype interview that lasts 30-45 min...depends who you get as interviewer, Asian lady is a bore and awkward, makes the interview process completely miserable but another girl is pretty nice and talkative

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Didnt take much time at all - interned in the past - had multiple video interviews leading to behavioral (mostly) fit interviews. Met at the office twice and was given position after meeting management. Relatively straightforward process and enjoyed the tours of the firms location.

Interview Questions
    • Was Mostly behavioral - where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at AlphaSights.

Applied through my college career center. They were very timely with replying. The first stage was the video where you record yourself. I was quickly emailed back about the second stage. That was a Google hangout. The interviewer was very nice and friendly and I thought it went well, but was not asked back for the next round.

Interview Questions
    • The first stage (the self- recording video) felt awkward if you have never done that before, but all of the questions listed in the reviews below are accurate and it is easy to prepare for.   Answer Question