AlphaSights

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at AlphaSights

Interview Details – The process was an online interview through taketheinterview, it was very brief and you only had 60-90 seconds to answer each question. For those who are not good with interviewing, this makes it even worse.

Interview Question – greatest weakness, I hate this question   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details – Filled in a form online submitting my resume and a 200 word statement about my interest in the job. AlphaSights contacted me within 2 weeks asking me to sit for a video interview. The video interview was very difficult because you are not talking to a person and there's a specific time limit for each question. It was also very unnerving to stare at myself on the screen while trying to answer a question.

Interview Question – Describe a time you failed at something.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1. A video interview with a timed question-and-answer system
2. An hourlong Google hangout

The video interview is easy to prepare for and do well on if you go over the questions in previous reviews. I did not find it particularly awkward. The Google hangout, though, was not well planned or organized. The interviewer was late to the interview and did not apologize for her tardiness. The interviewer then spent 20 minutes going over my college choice and asking a few tangential questions on my work experience. I am one year out of school, and I spent a fantastic year abroad since I graduated, but the interviewer asked no questions on that opportunity--education and internships were their only concerns. They then proceeded to go through a very loose case study--they basically name a company and expect the interviewee to name a variety of different types of people/positions who would make good candidates for leads without giving any background information. With most case studies, you can ask questions to the interviewer to get a better sense of the issue, but that was not the case with these questions. It's not the type of case study you could work though--you have to know it off the top of your head. The interview finished with about 3-4 minutes where I asked a few questions to the interviewer.

Interview Question – Which schools did you turn down the in the college application process and what did they share in common?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through college or university - interviewed at AlphaSights in July 2014.

Interview Details – Sent my resume to an announcement I found through Columbia University. That person at AlhaSights replied and said someone else would be contacting me to setup a phone call. She contacted me and we had the phone call a week later.

Interview Question – none, very straightforward. Tell me about your background, what do you know about AlphaSights, how would you fit in here, etc.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights in June 2014.

Interview Details – first interview was done through website called taketheinterview. They show you a question, give you 30 seconds to think of an answer, and then a minute or so to respond...questions were: what are you passionate about, tell us about alphasights, why do you want to work at alphasights, name a time you failed

second interview was via google hangouts..they give you prep questions...be prepared to go over your resume in detail and have questions to ask the interviewer.

Interview Question – name a time you failed   Answer Question

People Operations Marketing Lead Interview

People Operations Marketing Lead
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details – The interview process was seamless from the initial point of contact. AlphaSights actively pursued me, and pushed me through the process quickly. I was able to meet 7 different employees throughout the process to also give me a good view of the people who worked there. I had two phone interviews and one super day.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at AlphaSights in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an invitation for an online video interview. Similar to what many other have said below, the questions are set and pretty standard. Some questions are: what are you passionate about, why do you want to work for Alphasights, what other jobs are you considering and etc. As many have also commented, the video recording system is really poor. You will first get 30 seconds to prepare for each question, and the allotted time to answer each question. HOWEVER, there is no notification or whatsoever for the transition between the preparation time and video recording. The timer will count down from 30 seconds and jump straight to recording, and this is something that should be made aware of to other candidates. It was extremely distracting to notice that the recording timer has already started and I have wasted a few seconds, when there is only 30 seconds to answer the first question.

Interview Question – What other jobs are you considering?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Graduate Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at AlphaSights.

Interview Details – I applied online and they scheduled an online interview, which is recorded. They give you a practice question and then for every question you get 30 seconds to prepare and then 1 minute or 30 seconds to reply. There is also a writing section with no time constraints.

Interview Question – The questions they ask are: What AlphaSights does? What are the key to success for a professional service company? What book are you reading? Who is the person you most admire?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
New York, NY

I applied through other source - interviewed at AlphaSights in July 2014.

Interview Details – First phone call with screener was very relaxed. "Tell me about your background and work experience". "What do you know about AlphaSights and what we do". Etc.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a leadership challenge you have had".   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AlphaSights in March 2014.

Interview Details – First interview was through an online service that videotaped responses to simple questions like "What is AlphaSights". It is utmost important to express comfort and ease during this interview as to show friendliness and social skills. Face to face interview in the New York Office was about 2 hours along with about two rounds. Questions were typical interview questions except for the case study.

Interview Question – What type of experts would you reach out to if a client was interested in the market/industry trends in the stationary space, specifically pens?   View Answer

Worked for AlphaSights? Contribute to the Community!