Alphaserve Interview Questions

Client Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Alphaserve (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

The process was quite quick but full of holes, I have been interviewed by the Portuguese branch Manager and by the director of managed services in the US, both lack skills as interviewers and technically speaking only the US Director had some. The interview by itself is not structured, not by a long shot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very poor on the salary, with some dodgy ways of getting a bonus. Salary also is exposed to exchange rate between dollar and euro, which is a risk.

SAdmin Interview

Interview

several processes interviews, technical, language and it, talked to hr and was a straight forward process due to my experience and know how as well as bs+certifications. HR was great at the time and the process was really easy but some things missed afterwards

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alphaserve (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

Somewhat relevant and easy questions regarding networking and systems in general.

Interview Questions

• Some applications specific questions which did not make total sense to me but the overall interview was positive.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They promised and agreed one value and what they really gave was completely different. Not serious people!

Interview

lengthy, difficult, irrelevant questions

Systems Administrator/Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alphaserve in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who submitted my resume after getting my OK on it. The first round was solely a skills test on Windows servers, Exchange, (anyone who's done an MCSA or MCITP equivalent should be fine) and with parts involving Cisco and VMware as well. The second round was with a member of the group who asked a few more technical questions, mostly to feel out the process I used for troubleshooting as well as knowledge. The third round was with the group director who was more concerned with cultural fit. Rounds 2 and 3 were mostly the same thing, mostly just going over my background and going over what I'd worked with.

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you'd take to troubleshoot someone in an office not receiving email.   1 Answer
    • Associate the following protocols with each respective layer of the OSI stack: IPX/SPX, TCP, SMTP, SNMP, several others which I can't recall   1 Answer