Alpine Access

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Alpine Access in September 2013.

Interview Details – Online application and create a profile of what kind of work you have experience with then wait for job offers. You have to log in almost daily to see who they are interviewing for. Once you accept an interview and select an interview time you'll get an email telling you how to access the virtual interview meeting room. The recruiters arent always fully aware of specifics relating to the job they're recruiting for. They will ask a few general questions relating to how much technical experience the interviewees have, whether they can pay for the background check within 3 business days, and if you have the technical home office tools required to work.

Interview Question – I dont recall there being any. The interview lasted about 30 minutes and once the recruiters knew you could pay the background check fee and that you know how to operate a microsoft platform, thats basically the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations either you could do the job based on the information given by recruiters about available shifts and job requirements or you can go back into the pool of people waiting for an interview.

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alpine Access in February 2011.

Interview Details – It went very well, except for having to pay for my own background check and drug testing. Unfortunately the pay and hours were much less than what was offered.

Interview Question – The interview process was a breeze, there were no difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a full time position, and offered $12.00 an hour "after bonuses". However, after I accepted, I only got paid $8.00 an hour and was scheduled on average 12 hours per week instead of the 40 I was offered. Bonus was impossible to achieve because it was based on average handle time, and most of the callers were elderly, and confused, and it was my job to provide them with technical assistance on their computer. Most of them were computer illiterate so it was IMPOSSIBLE to achieve a low average handle time so I never received one penny in bonus and made less than minimum wage after subtracting my monthly internet and phone bill. I had recently been laid off from my previous job and would have seriously made more money staying on unemployment. I had no idea that I would be paid so little, and scheduled for so few hours until after accepting the offer and completing training. Also, the training is only paid at minimum wage for your state. Working at home is great, as long as you are fairly compensated for your work. Unfortunately, my experience was that the pay was incredibly low, and the hours were less than what was offered. Also, the call volume is very high, I have worked in many call centers before but this was the first and only job where I took back to back calls from the moment my shift started until I ended my shift, with no let up in volume which is very tiring. If the call volume starts to slow down, they immediately ask for people to exit their shift early. There are no benefits to speak of, no paid sick time, no paid vacation, no insurance coverage, nothing. Because of the above issues, Alpine Access was the worst job experience I've ever had and I will probably never again work from home.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Alpine Access in December 2009.

Interview Details – The process was long and a bit confusing. Lots of paper work to fill out and lots of running around in a short amount of time (2 days) to mail and fax documents.

Interview Question – How to deal with irate customers. No training for guidance in this area. You "fake it til you make it" attitude.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Alpine Access in December 2011.

Interview Details – I went through their online job-hiring portal for job openings, application, and interview scheduling. Next, I had a telephone group interview followed by a one-on-one telephone interview with the recruiter. Alpine Access did a credit check and a criminal background check, for which I paid $45. The whole process took about three to four weeks, and I could keep up with my status by going to the online portal. They use an outside firm for the background checks, so I had to submit documents to this company, such as proof of employment from previous employers, in order to complete the background checks. Everything was done online, through email, or over the phone.

Interview Question – I don't recall any difficult or unexpected questions. They did ask how I would handle an irate customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The salary, hours, and benefits were set prior to employment.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alpine Access in February 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting an application, and everything is approved in the Alpine Access Dashboard. There will be an alert for when the interview will be scheduled. The interview process is done online in an Adobe Connect Room where they discuss more about the company and our job duties. They will gauge responses to their questions and get a feel for who would be a good fit, by their experience, customer service, and previous knowledge depending on what program they are interviewing for. At the end of the 1st interview they will send you a message and let you know that they will be conducting a 2nd interview which is more or less than officially offering the job.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was "How do you access Device Manager?" considering the lack of difficulty they asked in regards to computers during the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't any room for negotiation. The pay during training is your current state's minimum wage, and then after training it goes up to a certain amount.

Customer Care Professional

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alpine Access.

Interview Details – Everything was done over the internet. There was not much continuity on who I was speaking to. There were different recruiters. Entered an Adobe room on the day of the interview and answered some questions about schedule and home office requirement. I also had to pay 45 dollars after I passed the interview for my own background check.

Interview Question – They will try and trick you. They give you 5 minutes to find the answer to a question and the web site they give you directs you to the wrong place. IE they give you a insurance company and then ask you a policy question. In my group of 6 people they gave 2 of them the wrong link to a different company to see if they would use google to find the correct answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Training would be at your state's minimum wage. One in production it was 9.00/hr

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alpine Access in May 2011.

Interview Details – Fill out application, get initial interview, answered questions about customer care, experience, education and tech knowledge

Interview Question – Pretty basic questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Alpine Access in July 2008.

Interview Details – phone interview, second interview, job offer

Negotiation Details – Offer made, agreed upon and accepted

Venice, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Alpine Access in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview included a role play so be ready for it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alpine Access in April 2009.

Interview Details – Initial application is filed online. Specific questions about your background and experience are required. If acceptable you take a voice interview test via telephone. You call a number provided to you and answer 6 basic questions. This is to evaluate your speaking voice, your diction, any accents that might be hard to understand and how articulately you are able to answer the questions. An example would be how would you define delivering outstanding customer service. If you pass this phase you receive an email with a link to a website where you take a two part test. The first part is a skills test that simulates aspects of the job (order taking, responding to a request for more information, banking transactions such as how to handle and code deposits and withdrawals, account query for wireless customers, etc.). This is a timed test which measures your accuracy and your speed, you won't score 100 on every section and that is okay. Part of the test is just via online questions you answer, part is clicking on a link that will act as a simulation, meaning it is a customer calling. Each call will vary so for instance if a caller leaves their name, address and telephone number, the measure of success would be how fast you can type this information on the screen, how accurately, how fast and whether you have to click to have the customer repeat themselves.

If the section is passed, the next is a personality test and style test to determine if you are the right candidate to work from home without direct supervision and without benefit of coworkers. There are no right or wrong answers and a lot of answers are asked slighlty differently more than once so you can't guess the right answer, just tell the truth.

If this section is passed you then qualify for a job offer. Your recruiter will contact you when they have a specific client offer that matches your qualifications and they then offer you a job, identify the requirements and provide the salary, training and work schedule requirements. Total elapsed time varies on how many applicants are in the hopper and when a job comes along. Generally from initial application to final test is about 2 weeks assuming you reply quickly to each step of the process. Time to get an actual job offer varies widely depending upon time of year and when they actually have openings.

Overall an outstanding and very selective process, they claim only 3% of applicants are offered a position and I can see how that would make sense. Recruiters are very knowledgeable about the business and most of your contact is via email. Feel free to email with any questions and they usually provide prompt answers. Alpine is not big on live one on one interactions and most of communications are done via email or instant messaging.

Initially the work culture comes across as very much a team and caring concept and for the most part that is true until something goes wrong and then forget it you will never hear from anyone again. This is sort of a "pollyanna" environment, as long as all is percieved to be fine management is happy. If there is the slightest indication that all is not well, then management doesn't want to hear about it, so the sweet happy we all love it hear vibe is just a facade, which is a shame because for the most part the actual workers are really happy and content.

Interview Questions

• If you were handling a very irate customer who was ranting and using obscene language how would you handle it? Is it okay to get frustrated and angry?   View Answer
  • Is it okay to steal little things like pencils or pads from an office.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiiation options, other than which shift you select. Your job offer is fixed regarding salary and you have a range of shifts that you can select. You are told that the job is flexible but in reality once you select your shift you are pretty much locked in and getting time off will be very difficult unless you ask for it months in advance. So although they claim to be flexible for the work at home employee, in reality the only flexibility is what shift you pick. If you have time off that you require like a preplanned vacation, then put it in writing before you accept the offer and have them reply (usually your recruiter), you will need it when it comes to take your time off because your team leader will claim to know nothing about it and ask you if you would be willing to not take the time off.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alpine Access

Worked for Alpine Access? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alpine Access Customer Care Professional interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alpine Access employees and interview candidates.