Alpine Access Interview Questions

2.2

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alpine Access in February 2015.

Applied for work-from-home online. Went through skills, typing tests. Interview questions were recorded & your response is recorded. Questions were not difficult standard customer service questions. The process does take a while some parts are timed. I went through the process about 1 week ago. no further contact from contact

Work At Home Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alpine Access in January 2015.

It's really a simple process. You apply and if they have positions open you can schedule an interview immediately after applying (otherwise they'll contact you). During the online/on phone group interview of what was a little over 30 individuals, they ask whether or not you can meet their demands and if you say no to any of the questions you are asked to leave the interview while they place you back in the applicant pool for a later date. If you agree to the terms, then the real interview starts. During the actual 25 minute interview (it's timed), you are asked to provide screenshots of your computer's processor/processing speed & ram, the current speed of your Internet, and your wpm speed after a 1 minute typing test. You are also asked to provide a written answer to 3 customer service questions wherein you are expected to sound polite, eager, and possibly willing to sell to the customer (it's not obvious by the job position but you ARE expected to get in sells too). After the 25 minutes are up, each person being interviewed is asked to read one of their written responses. I don't care if the position was for online chat customer service like mines was, you ARE expected to verbally sell your response (what ever it is) and sound at least eager in doing so, otherwise you will be asked to go to the other room where they tell you that you will be reput in the applicant pool and contacted in a few days to be told you didn't get the job. If you make it, they ask you to go to another online/on phone room where they discuss starting salary, the times for the position and training, and document requirements. Now I haven't seen this anywhere else on glassdoor, but new policy for Alpine is you have to get these documents in within the next 24 hours at most or they will rescind the job offer. It's incredibly inconvenient for those with families and a life so make sure if you apply you have 2 days to dedicate yourself to interviewing and getting your documents in. Oh, and the documents include a W-9, company policy agreement, a W-9 witness agreement you have to get signed by someone who isn't a blood relative who can sign both that form and the W-9 and see your official documents proving your a US citizen in Alpine Accesses stead, a background check where you have to provide documents proving your educational level, and the receipt for a drug test they immediately schedule after you pass the interview. Get those in during that 24 hour grace period and your good, you just have to wait for training to be opened wherein they tell you even training spots are limited so you have to register as soon as they are open. Personally I think you may be able to get away with just doing the drug test and background check during that 24 hour period without much repercussion, but why risk it?

The only thing that really bugged me about the process is that it's very obvious this company have adopted the full call center business ideas of how disposable employees and potential employees are by repeatedly reminding you about how easily fireable you are for the tiniest infractions and how they could always get somebody else to do your position. It's good for a business to know their worth, but it's foolish to believe treating their employees this way will keep them motivated rather than create a culture of fear wherein even dedicated employees will eventually leave because if the people who are the backbone of the company are constantly considered disposable, then so is the company itself.

Make of this what you will, it's a job and we all trying to make money out here not find our one true soulmate job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you respond to xyz customer care question (whether that was about products offered, products being sold, company policies, etc) l.   View Answer
    There are no negotiations. They give the terms of employment and you either agree or you leave and they place you back in the applicant pool. If that's good with you, you'll be fine. If not, run the other direction cause you can't even change your schedule until 6 months after you've been working with them for a period of time. If the training schedule isn't on your schedule, tough luck cause back to the applicant pool you go.

It's really rather draconian to be honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alpine Access in October 2014.

Lots of questions online and then I automatically got a group interview. This was before the holiday season. I believe that other times of the year there aren't automatic interviews.

Interview Questions
    • To take a screenshot of your computer properties.   View Answer

Work From Home Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alpine Access in August 2014.

It was a lengthy but great process, they really explained everything about the program and did not rush through the process.

1. Apply and take assessments, takes about 1hr 1/2
    2. If a program fits you then you will be notified
    3. Choose to take a program will be completely up to you and there will be more programs that become available so don't think you have to jump on the first one that comes your way.
    4..If you choose you want to be considered for a program you will then be scheduled for an interview in Adobe meeting, my meeting took about 2 1/2 hours, there were people coming in late which made it last longer. During this meeting you will call into a phone number and put your phone on mute so you can hear the recruiter and you will also be in Adobe meeting, they will go over the job description, schedule (have an idea of what hours you want), system requirements for the program, equipment you will need, you will take screen shots of your system and upload them to Alpine Access, you will also be given a list of questions to answer, during the whole process you will take poles to make sure you are still on board with with the position.
    5. If you made it through the interview process you will now have a list of tasks to complete including background check, I-9 Form and Authorized Rep Form, home requirements checklist hardwired computer, internet (no wireless), telephone service and phone number (no wireless), corded phone (no wireless), 2 headsets one USB for training and one for production, and most important a quiet place to work. You must have all of these things completed 7 days before training starts.
    6. Once you have completed everything on your home page check list you will now receive a message you are hired.
    7. You will now receive important log-in information via email, its very important you sign up for training ASAP, this training is first come first serve, don't procrastinate.

IMPORTANT: It is completely up to you to complete these tasks, it is first come first serve so don't wait around to complete your tasks get them done ASAP.

***This is not a joke job, background checks are mandatory, some programs require fingerprints and drug screen.

Overall it has been a great experience, I love detail and really enjoyed the interview and hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Screen shots and answer five questions in 15 minutes, it wasn't too hard for me but for people that may not be as fast with computer could have issues.   Answer Question
    There really was no negotiation, you prove yourself and do your job and you can move up and make more, pretty simple.

CCP Tech Support Interview

The application website is super nice and easy to navigate. You will have to take like some sort of spacial skills and language test and do a voice audition. If they interview you it is a group interview with standard HR type questions. Really nothing difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult but they are big on grammar and proper English usage/spelling (as they should be).   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Training at min wage (7.50 for me) and production at 9.50.

Work At Home Tech Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alpine Access in July 2014.

I applied online, and was given a program option and some basic info regarding duties and pay. I accepted it, and was then offered some options for an interview time. I was able to choose Sunday at 1 PM. I called in, and there were a number of people also interviewing with me. The Recruiter was extremely nice and her positive and helpful attitude did much to alleviate my nervousness. We were asked some basic questions involving AT&T and and prior employment with them or related to them, and then if we were willing and able to work the shifts available. The only available shift left to us was an afternoon to night shift, and that knocked a few people out. We were then given about a 20 minute period to go through some questions and take some screenshots of our computer system and internet connection speed. Once we resumed, we all took turns reading through the questions (not everyone got the same set of questions, I noticed), and one by one, we were transferred off to our own room, and after about 30 minutes, we knew whether or not we'd been selected for the position. There were several of us that all made it through together, which was nice! The whole interview and acceptance process took about an hour and a half. The Recruiter said that it usually takes longer, but she said we all did really well, so things were able to progress more quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the questions were about technology, I heard one person get asked what the difference was between Tier 1 and 2 tech support, and my question involved a scenario about troubleshooting an iPhone that would not download apps from the App Store, and what steps you would take to figure out what the issue was.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Training is Minimum wage based on where you are located (mine being $7.25 same as federal). Once you pass through training, it is $9.50 hourly.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wht Sulphur S, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wht Sulphur S, WV

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alpine Access.

The first "interview" is a 2 hour long interview that gives misrepresentative of the company. They claim they are veteran friendly "not" and other things. Basically, it just asks you to identify who you are, and see if you have computer that has a suitable operating system. The second you "bid" for a job based upon the description (but not the company) that you will work...they give incomplete descriptions. The third is using the company's website to answer interview questions. They don't take individual's who are well qualified, but they take people who barely pass the interview and say they are suitable for the job!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing is difficult about it, except I interviewed for two positions...the first was for something I was well qualified for (including having license) and I was told not suitable for the job...the second job (which I was hired for) was something that I wasn't interested in, something I wasn't interested in learning and I barely understood what they were talking about and I was hired...something messed up about that!   Answer Question
    There was no negation on the salary, pay or anything. They asked you what days you'd like off to begin with along with your availability and they place you in that schedule.

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alpine Access.

After applying for alpine access you are interviewed online via an adobe room. Questions and testing are fairly simple. If you have customer service experience and common sense it is a no brainer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions and testing asked of me was very friendly and simple.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. However, I was able to select a position that interested me out of what was available for the hours I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Alpine Access in May 2014.

Put in application, record voice recording of read script. Select and attend offer call. Accept job offer. Then you go through testing computer requirements (even though you only use your computer for 3 days they send you their own equipment to hook up) purchase headset if you don't have one two. 1 usb during training and 1 corded for landline. Background check, notarized paperwork submitted by email then once in you start training.

None at all one flat rate for all.

Work At Home Customer Care Professional Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alpine Access.

I was hired then told training was full, I had to interview again and was hired again

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to commit to the same shift for one year?   View Answer