Alpine Access Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2014
Updated May 5, 2014

2.2

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alpine Access.

After applying for alpine access you are interviewed online via an adobe room. Questions and testing are fairly simple. If you have customer service experience and common sense it is a no brainer.

Interview Questions
  • All questions and testing asked of me was very friendly and simple.   Answer Question
There was no negotiation phase. However, I was able to select a position that interested me out of what was available for the hours I wanted.

Other Interview Reviews for Alpine Access

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alpine Access.

Upon completing my application, I was prompted to set up a telephone interview. The scheduled interview was 3 days later. Interview was with about 17 other individuals. You must keep your phone on mute unless directly spoken to by the interview conductor. In my opinion the whole concept is very unnecessary and silly. Kinda gave me insight on how my potential future with the company would be. After 3 simple interview questions, you are shown a message that says if hired you'll be contacted in about 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Very average typical questions. Nothing to worry about.   Answer Question

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alpine Access in October 2013.

First took an online assessment that lasted about an hour, after completing it I then moved on to schedule an over the phone interview. It was a group interview with about 18 of us on the phone, you must have the phone on mute at all times unless you are asked a question. The interviewer then gives you directions on a task that must be completed online, and you are given 20 minutes to complete the task, when the 20 min. are up a screen pops up and gives you a telephone number to get a hold of the person conducting the interview. She goes over you answers of some questions that were part of your task. The interview lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time where you went over and beyond of what was expected from you at a job.   Answer Question

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Alpine Access.

I was invited to interview with 20 other individuals. The advisor gives information about the jobs and what is required of each individuals and you decide whether you would like to continue. Afterwards each person is put in their own chat room and answers about 4 interview questions with a time limit in place.

Interview Questions
    • If you were given an opportunity to attend a company party or a friends party, which would you attend and why.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, you were told the amount and you could either accept or decline, but there were incentives if you met company goals to make more per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alpine Access in August 2013.

The hiring and interview process was easy. You submit a voice audition then participate in a group interview where you read a paragraph to the group.

Interview Questions
    • A math question that you were to answer very quickly. I wasn't prepared and almost ran out of time.   Answer Question

WORK-AT-HOME TELEPHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Golden, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Alpine Access in February 2013.

Hiring Process: You apply online - FYI, No Apple or Linux operating systems accepted PLUS you can't use VMWare either. For example: If you have apple os-x running VMware Fusion application which supports Windows 7 emulation and it runs natively with no hiccups, they still won't accept it. What I did was to use bootcamp and dedicated 2 hard drives to apple and 2 hard drives to windows. now it runs native in windows 7 and i don't have to buy another computer.

Interview process: (horrible)

First you apply, if there are any mistakes the system won't allow you to "re upload" your resume or "edit" your existing employment entries. I changed usernames and reapplied.

Secondly, when you apply, it asks you all the standard questions and it takes awhile to complete the testing so make sure you go to the bathroom before starting - I am diabetic so i had to run -- fortunately i had it on my laptop in VMware and my bathroom tray so everything was fine. Just warning everyone -- most people don't have the medical problems that i do so I have to compensate a great deal.

Thirdly, when you interview, they will send you an email to setup the interview. i went to select "interview" and it came up with nothing only to discover that all the interview slots were filled and to "try back later" ... which I did but they really need to have a wide range of slots available to adjust for the amount of interviews they are doing.

Fourth, they will send you an email that you need to screen shot your internet speed, your performance tab, and the system information. i only discovered that they sent the email because my phone checks for new email every 15 minutes. I was glad I got it; however, many others apparently didn't because the start of the interview they say interview starts at 11 am but it really doesn't start until 11:15 am -- which is after everybody joins the conference and the screen shots are uploaded. the interview information says to "mute" your phone; however, you get scolded if you post in chat or speak which LEAVES YOU METHOD OF COMMUNICATION IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE. The interview needs to learn some patience.

the pay is $8.00/hour to $9.50/hour depending on the "client" or which they won't tell you until later. some of them require background checks and others require a credit check and fingerprinting. Your credit can have no more than 4 negative entries on your credit bureau in the last 4 years. I had bankruptcy in 2010 so that's out for me. They use HireRight as their background checkers and I had problems with them. They are incompetent .. since they have a file on me -- that's out.

Fifth,

They say they have part-time and full-time, but i have read that full-time really isn't as available as they say. they state they are better than the other work at home programs and IF you are working another work at home job, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO QUIT THAT JOB PRIOR TO STARTING WITH ALPINE. I went additional income not REPLACEMENT INCOME. My present work at home job has been downsized from full-time to part-time. i plan to keep the part-time job but was looking for something to add to my income. I already, factoring their $9.50/hour maximum pay, I already make that working 25 hours a week ... why leave that

Sixth - and finally note why NOT to work for them

Lack of professionalism. Their attitudes I have read are very unprofessional. From the git go, i won't say much here due to privacy issues, but the interview was totally unprofessional. Plus, they want me to PAY $45 for the background check to get a job with them. PLUS you have purchase a USB headset -- of which i already own -- but a gaming headset will cost $50 or higher. The cheapee ones don't work well. Then you have to get a home phone, one of the costs of working out of the house, I already have one, but that can be $100 or more for a good headset. My hearing is bad so I have invested $150 between USB headset and Plantronics headset and both are dual earred so that i can hear.

OPTIONS

I realize that people have different situations, but for me, TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. That means having patience and being respectful. We all make mistakes; however, don't treat me like I'm dirt when you -- the interviewer -- leave me no options of communication. you want us to MUTE our phones and then WE GET IN TROUBLE FOR POSTING TO CHAT -- THEN MAY I ASK HOW ARE WE TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU --- HELLO!!!!

DO NOT WORK HERE IF AT ALL POSSIBLE.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't expect them to be asking questions like what is Phishing? That question belongs in a computer classroom not an interview.   View Answer

Their poor and disrespectful attitude, totally unacceptable pay, and having to pay for a background check of $45 out of my own pocket and they only take Debit or Credit cards -- no checks, money orders, etc.

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alpine Access in January 2013.

No clue,... I was set up for an interview, in the email with the instructions, it said to log in to the virtual meeting 5-10 minutes before scheduled time. I did this, and the window kept saying your request has been sent, waiting for response.... Finally, at the time the interview was set to start, the window said you have been declined, interview has started.

Interview Questions
    • Why did this happen?? I made time out of my day to interview, yet, it was a waste of my time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alpine Access in December 2012.

Filled out application online, was immediately offered a chance to pick a date to join a group interview. During this interview everyone is asked the same question(just you telling about your experience and how you would be a good fit for Alpine). I was held as the last person, per the recruiter, I was the only one in the group that met the requirements for the position they had available at the time, and was offered an one on one interview with a team lead.(I picked the time, which was an hour after group interview) During this interview you are expected to review products, answer questions and role play. I was told I did wonderful, and was told I would get a call in 30 mins for 3rd interview, which is where I was offered the job....all three interviews in same day.

Interview Questions
    • Was to go to a credit card site and review two major credit cards for about 5 mins and then role play, with pretty much selling and knowing the product.   Answer Question
    non-negotiable, but I was told that in the first interview.

WORK-AT-HOME TELEPHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alpine Access in November 2012.

My interview took over a hour, because you had to interview along with 30 other candidates in a chat room! We took turns to provide a 2 minute summary about ourselves. So, you had to listen to what each person had to say alphabetically, and wait in between the host troubleshooting with candidates. It was ridiculous!!! Turns out training pay is your state's minimum wage, and that the average paying job is around $8 hour. If you are a professional minded. You will not like what this company has to offer. I did not!

Also, to apply with this company it took about a hour and half to complete their online tests. The toughness and absurdly of these questions, I felt like I was applying for a high-ranking position that paid handsomely.

Interview Questions
    • Easy. Just follow all of the host's instructions, and you should be fine. Your an idiot to ask how to do something! That could instantly disqualify you, because they provide you with the instructions for everything.   Answer Question

LOW PAY, Horrible way to interview. So, unprofessional, and oh-yeah. Expect to pay for your own background check with a company that they chose!

Work At Home Telephone Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Alpine Access in October 2012.

Long phone interview. It was a group interview. its best to do it from your home phone. They do have an adobe room that they use for part of the interview for the virtual presentation. The Hiring process was a virtual presentation and you had to fax 1-9 forms to them, you also had to enter your background information online and pay for the background check($35-45 dollars)

No negotiation phase. they were clear about that they would pay.