Alpine Electronics of America

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alpine Electronics of America

Software Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in June 2014.

Applied from Linkedin and got a telephonic round interview call that on my project and some c and c++ questions, then face to face interview(3 round including lunch interview and HR interview) with one written test(C, C++, OS fundamentals, Data Structures, link list, multi threaded, design pattern, aptitude question)

Interview Questions
    • Questions are in C and C++, some question related to Linux, OS fundamentals, Multithread   Answer Question

Compensation is providing below average even it wasn't matching with my current salary that is very-3 demoralizing factor

Quality Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in January 2014.

Applied online. Had 2 phone interviews, since the first one got cut short due to the manager loosing his meeting room.

We had some technical difficulties as the manager could not dial my phone number from his office, so he had to have me patched through to him from their corporate office in Michigan. This left me with no means to follow up on the interview and offer a thank you. I thought the interview went well, but I never heard back. Would have been nice to at least get a "no thanks we aren't interested". I hate not knowing what is going on.

Interview Questions
    • General questions about my background and some situational questions. Tell me about a time when you had a problem at work. What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in July 2011.

phone interview and then on-site interview.
    people are very nice and friendly
    good work place
    mainly c language

Interview Questions
    • what bugs could make input same but output different in your code   Answer Question
    not much chance to negotiate

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in November 2009.

Was called in to interview the day after applying for the job. Met 1:1 with an HR staff and the rest of the interviewers participated by phone. Was asked a lot of questions about my previous experience and what I can bring to the company. Took a short Excel test. Overall, very positive experience. Didn't feel too much pressure from any of the interviewers and every asked questions with respect.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time you had to negotiate with a customer to correct a mistake you had made.   Answer Question
    There was a preset salary for any of the new hires. There was no opening for negotiation.

Procurement Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in July 2010.

Not good. They wouldn't even send an email to tell you if you aren't selected to move forward in the process even though they ask if you are available to interview in person in a few days.