Alpine Electronics of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer II Interview

Software Engineer II
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied from Linkedin and got a telephonic round interview call that on my project and some c and c++ questions, then face to face interview(3 round including lunch interview and HR interview) with one written test(C, C++, OS fundamentals, Data Structures, link list, multi threaded, design pattern, aptitude question)

Interview Question – Questions are in C and C++, some question related to Linux, OS fundamentals, Multithread   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Compensation is providing below average even it wasn't matching with my current salary that is very-3 demoralizing factor

Quality Supervisor Interview

Quality Supervisor
Dublin, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Had 2 phone interviews, since the first one got cut short due to the manager loosing his meeting room.

We had some technical difficulties as the manager could not dial my phone number from his office, so he had to have me patched through to him from their corporate office in Michigan. This left me with no means to follow up on the interview and offer a thank you. I thought the interview went well, but I never heard back. Would have been nice to at least get a "no thanks we aren't interested". I hate not knowing what is going on.

Interview Question – General questions about my background and some situational questions. Tell me about a time when you had a problem at work. What did you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Supply Chain Planner
McAllen, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in November 2009.

Interview Details – Was called in to interview the day after applying for the job. Met 1:1 with an HR staff and the rest of the interviewers participated by phone. Was asked a lot of questions about my previous experience and what I can bring to the company. Took a short Excel test. Overall, very positive experience. Didn't feel too much pressure from any of the interviewers and every asked questions with respect.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had to negotiate with a customer to correct a mistake you had made.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a preset salary for any of the new hires. There was no opening for negotiation.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in July 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview and then on-site interview.
people are very nice and friendly
good work place
mainly c language

Interview Question – what bugs could make input same but output different in your code   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much chance to negotiate

Procurement Interview

Procurement

The process took a day - interviewed at Alpine Electronics of America in July 2010.

Interview Details – Not good. They wouldn't even send an email to tell you if you aren't selected to move forward in the process even though they ask if you are available to interview in person in a few days.

Worked for Alpine Electronics of America? Contribute to the Community!