Alro Interview Questions

2.8

Material Handler/Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alro in February 2014.

You make an application on line. A week or so later you get an e mail asking for you to select a time to test. You take a twelve minute wonderlich test, measuring test, and a personality test. Next they email you, less than a week later, for a time scheduling an interview. The interview takes twenty to twenty five minutes. The Operations Manager and Superintendant ask questions of what you did in previous jobs and how do you feel about safety.

Warehouse Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alro.

Applied online and got a call about a week later. Came in for an interview, was shown the warehouse and introduced to a few senior warehouse employees who explained that as long as I showed up for work on time I'd always have a job. Then was introduced to a senior manager who interviewed me and warned me that I wouldn't see my family much while working at Alro. I said when can I start, the rest is history.

Interview Questions
    • How will you explain to your daughter that you will not be able to make it to her dance recital that she had practiced for the whole year because you have to work instead?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, they tell you what the pay is and you must pass a math test, tape measure test, personality test, drug test, and a physcal (only 1 out of 100 applicants pass all the above and actually get hired).

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alro in November 2010.

The interview process at Alro seemed thorough at first, but I was disappointed with the follow through after my first and second interview. My first interview was over the phone with two friendly employees, the interview was about a half an hr. My second interview took 4 hours long. It included a drug test, personality test, math test, IQ/Intelligence test, and meeting with about 8 different employees at the company. The most disappointing aspect of the interview process was that they never contacted me regarding the position after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question was regarding what I would do in a certain political decision.   View Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Alro.

Experienced 4 interviews in 4 months from GM, Regional Sales, VP Sales and EVP from Michigan Headquarters. Several assessment tests including a math test. Drug Test and MVA Drivers report. Was made to feel like you are the man until GM gets let go and new process is started. Seems like a lot of control comes from upper management and some arrogance on how their business is run. Don't hold on here over any other opportunities as they obviously let headquarters make the final decisions. Thorouoghly terrible experience. Michigan guys coming into the area trying to compete in the Philly area. Don't feel compfortable at all. Do not look for good career here.

Customer Support Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alro.

I was interviewed by three managers, each had a series of questions, then a standardized general knowledge exam (timed), then an Alro specific math competency test (non-timed). The whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your had a disagreement with a superior and how this issue was resolved.   Answer Question