Alro Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.4

Material Handler Interview

Interview

It was a one on one interview with the warehouse manager. He asked simple questions about yourself and gave you some iq tests and a drug screen. The whole entire process took maybe 1 hour at the longest.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tonawanda, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alro (Tonawanda, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Easy interview. Office was very cold. I felt more so like I was interviewing them, then they were interviewing me. Make sure you have a lot of time because they make you take a math test, logic test, drug test, and alcohol test. They do not offer room for negotiating salary.

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alro (Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Had an interview with the plant superintendent and discussed the position. Then I was given a tour of the facilities before I was sent out to get a drug screen. When the results came back I was called and offered a start date.

Material Handler/Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alro (Bolingbrook, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

You make an application on line. A week or so later you get an e mail asking for you to select a time to test. You take a twelve minute wonderlich test, measuring test, and a personality test. Next they email you, less than a week later, for a time scheduling an interview. The interview takes twenty to twenty five minutes. The Operations Manager and Superintendant ask questions of what you did in previous jobs and how do you feel about safety.

Tube Laser Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clare, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alro (Clare, MI) in May 2013.

Interview

Slide of hand . They have you apply and interview for one thing and put you where needed. You meet the management queen of deciet and her minions. You get a tour of the growing facility and be promised potential opportunities that will have you on the hook. But speak to someone "working" that wears a blue uniform. They will tell you the truth.....most of the time. If you are an outdoorsmen\woman and are willing to be unfaithful in your relationship. You could go far at this location!

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alro.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later. Came in for an interview, was shown the warehouse and introduced to a few senior warehouse employees who explained that as long as I showed up for work on time I'd always have a job. Then was introduced to a senior manager who interviewed me and warned me that I wouldn't see my family much while working at Alro. I said when can I start, the rest is history.

Interview Questions

• How will you explain to your daughter that you will not be able to make it to her dance recital that she had practiced for the whole year because you have to work instead?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, they tell you what the pay is and you must pass a math test, tape measure test, personality test, drug test, and a physcal (only 1 out of 100 applicants pass all the above and actually get hired).

Marerial Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alro (Tampa, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Simple only problem for most people is the wonderlic testing. If you can pass that your in. You only meet with the department head you will be working in unless you management the its group panel.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alro (Jackson, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process at Alro seemed thorough at first, but I was disappointed with the follow through after my first and second interview. My first interview was over the phone with two friendly employees, the interview was about a half an hr. My second interview took 4 hours long. It included a drug test, personality test, math test, IQ/Intelligence test, and meeting with about 8 different employees at the company. The most disappointing aspect of the interview process was that they never contacted me regarding the position after my interview.

Interview Questions

• The question was regarding what I would do in a certain political decision.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alro.

Interview

Experienced 4 interviews in 4 months from GM, Regional Sales, VP Sales and EVP from Michigan Headquarters. Several assessment tests including a math test. Drug Test and MVA Drivers report. Was made to feel like you are the man until GM gets let go and new process is started. Seems like a lot of control comes from upper management and some arrogance on how their business is run. Don't hold on here over any other opportunities as they obviously let headquarters make the final decisions. Thorouoghly terrible experience. Michigan guys coming into the area trying to compete in the Philly area. Don't feel compfortable at all. Do not look for good career here.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alro.

Interview

I was interviewed by three managers, each had a series of questions, then a standardized general knowledge exam (timed), then an Alro specific math competency test (non-timed). The whole process took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your had a disagreement with a superior and how this issue was resolved.   Answer Question