Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2015

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I received an email probably 3 weeks after I applied. I had a 30 min phone interview and was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. I thought the interview went well, everyone was nice. Very basic and general questions. The interviewers were reading from a list so it was very standard. Upon leaving, I was given a tour and told to expect an assessment from HR the following week. I never received that email. I followed up the next week, a Monday, and was emailed the rejection Friday. I was under the impression that I had made it to the next step, but had not. It was a pleasant experience, but I was disappointed in the ending. I don't think you should give false information, which essentially is what I was given.

Interview Questions

• If you walk into the office and its unusually quiet, what would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Lengthy process with up to six [or more] interviews, most over phone and Skype. Often takes in excess of six months to hire. Very conversational and overall pleasant. Process is led by the local hiring manager, however interviews will be held through various levels of management across the country, generally ending with the VP or SVP at the National Executive Office in Memphis.

Interview Questions

• Heavily focused in behavioral interviewing. Lots of situational "tell me about a time when..." types of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They met my requested salary, so in my case there was no negotiation.

Contact Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 part panel interview. The questions are long winded and confusing. They do ask you to do a sales pitch of a ridiculous item such as Pepsi, cooking spray, marbles.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Met quite a few people across all parts of the organization. The process was pretty standard, no real surprises along the way. It helps to know some one already working there to get your resume seen and a possible interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Pretty typical interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate salary because of move to Memphis.

Internship Interview

Interview

They had not prepared questions, so the interview was unfocused. One interviewer abruptly walked out in the middle of the interview. The other interviewers were embarrassed and stunned silent for a few moments, but continued on. Clearly, the interviewers did not get along.

Interview Questions

I could sense tension among the women on the panel, and it made me apprehensive about what kind of environment I would be working in if I was hired.

Project Manager Youth Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Had 1 phone and 1 Skype interview, than brought to Memphis for interview. Seemed to go very well, was even shown were my work area would be, and person who would be my supervisor even sent text to recruiter saying all was going well at mid-afternoon. Then met with two young ladies from marketing, thought that went well, but was informed that they thought I wasn't a fit," could not put their finger on why", was all I was told. However, my strong feeling, especially after that very weak reason why I was discarded, is my age, being considerably older than them. Very disappointed, I do qualify, and can work with and report to anyone. I am sad that the high ideals of St. Jude, do not prevent age discrimination. That said, they do a wonderful work and have great results, and I will continue to donate to St. Jude and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in May 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really disorganized. I had scheduled an interview and reconfirmed the time with the person I set it up with. When I showed up for the interview she was not there and no one knew that I was coming in for the interview. I was really disappointed in the way they handled the interview after.

Business and Systems Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in March 2013.

Interview

1- Screening: Questions about what do you know about St Jude and why you want to work there. Team collaboration. Put others first....and few things that I did not find them applying there anyway 2- Face to face interviews with ITS person and the director and the manager 3- Test with questions about requirements gathering and SQL queries 4- Offer

Interview Questions

• What do you know about ALSAC-St. Jude?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me more than what I asked for, but realized later on that it was a catch.

Regional Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

The recruitment process took four months from start to finish. I spoke with HR twice, then had two hour long phone screens, and was finally brought into the office for a face-to-face interview. At the in person interview, I was asked to complete a project that took hours to complete. During the interview, I was rushed through the presentation. I spoke with three people, only one of whom was actually onsite. Ultimately, I was turned down for the position based on a lack of experience in an area I had been very clear about during my first communication with St. Jude.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked were fairly standard and fair.   Answer Question

Fundraising Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview

Found the application through my college and contacted HR at the Tampa office to submit my resume and cover letter. I had to call back a couple of weeks later to make sure they had my information and we scheduled a phone interview. On the phone was an HR representative and an employee in charge of fundraising. We basically went over my resume and I was asked what I knew about St. Jude and why I wanted to work for them. They didn't ask many behavior based questions. I was asked my strengths and weaknesses. And how my experience would apply to their position

Took another offer