Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
www.stjude.org Memphis, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions & Reviews in Memphis, TN

Updated Feb 4, 2014

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Youth Outreach Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had 1 phone and 1 Skype interview, than brought to Memphis for interview. Seemed to go very well, was even shown were my work area would be, and person who would be my supervisor even sent text to recruiter saying all was going well at mid-afternoon. Then met with two young ladies from marketing, thought that went well, but was informed that they thought I wasn't a fit," could not put their finger on why", was all I was told. However, my strong feeling, especially after that very weak reason why I was discarded, is my age, being considerably older than them. Very disappointed, I do qualify, and can work with and report to anyone. I am sad that the high ideals of St. Jude, do not prevent age discrimination. That said, they do a wonderful work and have great results, and I will continue to donate to St. Jude and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Senior IStrategist Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in October 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen may very well have been the toughest step of the hiring ladder. Multiple department leaders and an hour of acumen assessment.

Next step, a quick in-person, which was followed a few weeks later by a final round. In the final, be very prepared to not only present to at least two senior or C-level department leaders. This will have somewhere in between round after round of meeting each team for 30 minutes, which is clearly a solid test of cultural fit and depth of knowledge/ability to adapt.

After each step, expect an average of 2 weeks to hear back.

REQUISITION TIME = 2 to 3 months

Interview Question – Concern over limited non-profit marketing experience   View Answer

Internal Liaison - Communications Interview

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Interview Details – There were two phone interviews first. These were approximately 30 minutes each and very conversational. Writing samples were requested.

The in-person interview slot was 3 hours. Instead of a panel, it was 30 minutes with different people or pairs of people. Lots of repeating the same information. A panel would have been simplier. No break or water.

Lots of "tell me about your background". There was not the typical "how was everything?" by the main interview at the end...just a "we'll get with you soon"...and they never did.

I'd seen several comments on the St. Jude Glassdoor page about reps not getting back with you, and ALSAC was the same. Not even a rejection letter. I was fairly surprised such a well-repected company would be so disrespectful to candidates.

Interview Question – None of the questions were difficult. Very high expectations on the writing samples.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital interview questions and advice in Memphis, TN. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital employees and interview candidates.