Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

www.stjude.org
Engaged Employer

Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

Updated Aug 16, 2015

3.4

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied for a position coordinating regional events. I had a phone interview with one of the hiring managers that went fairly well, but that was the last I heard. There was no follow up as far as a rejection letter, or anything really.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot of situational questions, very behavioral style interview.   1 Answer

Contact Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

It was a 2 part panel interview. The questions are long winded and confusing. They do ask you to do a sales pitch of a ridiculous item such as Pepsi, cooking spray, marbles.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to work with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Project Manager Youth Outreach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Had 1 phone and 1 Skype interview, than brought to Memphis for interview. Seemed to go very well, was even shown were my work area would be, and person who would be my supervisor even sent text to recruiter saying all was going well at mid-afternoon. Then met with two young ladies from marketing, thought that went well, but was informed that they thought I wasn't a fit," could not put their finger on why", was all I was told. However, my strong feeling, especially after that very weak reason why I was discarded, is my age, being considerably older than them. Very disappointed, I do qualify, and can work with and report to anyone. I am sad that the high ideals of St. Jude, do not prevent age discrimination. That said, they do a wonderful work and have great results, and I will continue to donate to St. Jude and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Internal Liaison - Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN).

Interview

There were two phone interviews first. These were approximately 30 minutes each and very conversational. Writing samples were requested. The in-person interview slot was 3 hours. Instead of a panel, it was 30 minutes with different people or pairs of people. Lots of repeating the same information. A panel would have been simplier. No break or water. Lots of "tell me about your background". There was not the typical "how was everything?" by the main interview at the end...just a "we'll get with you soon"...and they never did. I'd seen several comments on the St. Jude Glassdoor page about reps not getting back with you, and ALSAC was the same. Not even a rejection letter. I was fairly surprised such a well-repected company would be so disrespectful to candidates.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were difficult. Very high expectations on the writing samples.   Answer Question

Senior IStrategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen may very well have been the toughest step of the hiring ladder. Multiple department leaders and an hour of acumen assessment. Next step, a quick in-person, which was followed a few weeks later by a final round. In the final, be very prepared to not only present to at least two senior or C-level department leaders. This will have somewhere in between round after round of meeting each team for 30 minutes, which is clearly a solid test of cultural fit and depth of knowledge/ability to adapt. After each step, expect an average of 2 weeks to hear back. REQUISITION TIME = 2 to 3 months

Interview Questions

• Concern over limited non-profit marketing experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

I didn't want to check off the "interviewed, no offer made" box because I didn't get to that point. I applied for a bilingual marketing position and was contacted via email several weeks after my online application was placed. The "Talent Acquisition Specialist" never got back to me even after I indicated a good day and time to talk over the telephone. After reminding her that said time and date had passed, she suggested another day but the interview never materialized because she didn't followup with specific details and I never heard from them again. I'm not sure what it is about this new culture of people who can't seem to bother picking up a telephone anymore and leaving a message--especially for a communications position. In any event, they lost a good candidate for this position and someone who was already very familiar with the organization.

Marketing Communications Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in June 2010.

Interview

After completing my MBA, St. Jude ALSAC was at the top of my list of potential employers. Their mission is inspiring and truly something I am passionate about. I was aware that the interview process could take 4-6 weeks, so I was prepared for a long wait. And that's exactly what I got! One month after my resume submittal, I was contacted by the hiring manager and over the next several weeks of back-and-forth emails, we scheduled 2 separate phone interviews with 4 people. Both were about 30 minutes each, the questions were personality-focused and not too in-depth. Both interviews went very well and I received highly complimentary responses from all via email. I kept in touch with the hiring manager regularly via email over the next month and was then invited to Memphis for a half-day interview with 10 people. It was a rather draining experience, but it went wonderfully and I was pleased. They ask a lot of behavioral questions - nothing too complex. Just be ready to speak in length, with confidence, about your experiences. I spoke with the hiring manager the day after the interview and again a few days later to share my portfolio and recommendation letters. Here's where it gets strange. 2 weeks go by without any contact. I sent the hiring manager a brief email to check in to which she responded several days later thanking me for my patience as they review candidates. She also noted that they were going through a reorg and the hiring process was going to take longer than expected. A MONTH goes by with no word. I send another email to check in, state my continued interest and ask how the hiring process is coming along.... and I never heard back. No rejection letter - nothing. This was several months ago. The job is still posted on their website and to my knowledge, the hiring manger still works there. Obviously, I am disappointed by the total lack of response. I find this lack of professionalism alarming if it is any indication of how the organization is run. In summary, the interview process is thorough and engaging, but the post-interview management is exceptionally amateurish -- especially coming from a "world renowned" brand. I accepted another job with a wonderful company - no small feat in this economy, I know -- but the sting of this interview process has continued to nag at me. Thanks for the opportunity to share! Hang in there, job seekers :)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you performed poorly.   1 Answer

Event Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Alsac - St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

Initial application online via the website. Called for a phone interview, then a video interview, then an in person interview. Relatively simple interview process, met a lot of the various people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Able to negotiate relocation and salary. Do you research and give valid reasons for what you are asking.