Alstom Transportation

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.1

Detail Checker Interview

I was interviewed by 4 people and they just asked the basic interview questions, like where do you see yourself in 10 years. Showed me some of the work and explained it to me. They asked what my interest where out side of work. Then they too me on a tour.

Quality Management Support Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alstom Transportation in August 2013.

The interview was held at Alstom Signaling Office at Rochester, NewYork. Lasted for 20 min and questions asked was basic like Why Alstom, What do you know about the company. Have you used any management tools

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Henrietta, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Henrietta, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alstom Transportation in April 2008.

Speak with immediate manager and three peers. No problems there and I have never heard of any problems from my coworkers. Then you interview with the HR representative. They will make a concerted effort to find problems even when none exist. This is consistent with the vast majority of my peers that I have spoken with.

Interview Questions
    They accepted my offer with no questions.

Contract Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Alstom Transportation in March 2008.

I went through a series of interviews on two separate occaisions. I met with the leader of the Contract Management function, and representatives from Project Management, Legal and what's called a Customer Director. This position is a combination of a General Manager and Sales executive who is dedicated to specific customers.

Interview Questions
    • It was a mock situation involving problems with a project team's performance and the customer's constant changing requirements. Basically, how would you handle yourself , and what would you contribute to solve the internal and external issues.   View Answer
    Reasonable, but took some time.

PGET Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Alstom Transportation.

1st round was GD. They selceted all those who participated
    Then technical round in which questions were asked from the subjects and mainly from the project. Then were was a HR round in which basic questions were asked.

Stagiaire Analyste Opérationnel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alstom Transportation in February 2014.

Entretien téléphonique avec le directeur et les ressources humaines.

Phone interview with manager and HR

Interview Questions
    • Quelques questions comportementales de base et beaucoup de questions portant sur les finances et les règles comptables.   Few basic behavioral questions and many questions related to finance and accounting rules   Answer Question

Associate Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Alstom Transportation in January 2014.

Very simple, few people will ask you question about the subject which they merely know.
    2 ROUNDS OF TECHNICAL ROUND FOLLOWED BY MANAGERIAL ROUND FOLLOWED BY 2 HR ROUNDS SPECIALLY FOR SALARY PURPOSE.

Interview Questions
    • Answering the Question which even interviewer does not know the answer.
      - What do you heard about the Alstom as a company ?
      -What do you think about your career at Alstom ?

Answer Question
    need to compromise at salary point.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Alstom Transportation in July 2012.

Got a call from a consultant for a position at Alstom Bangalore. Attended the first round telephonic and got selected for the second round F2F at their office. Cleared the second round and was called again for a discussion with their Vice President at their office. Went there and had a technical discussion with the VP and was called for the Project Manager level discussion.

Interview Questions
    • The PM asked me to use TerminateThread to stop a thread. I was of the opinion that this API is only permitted for use at extreme cases and I wrote the code using SetEvent() to signal the thread to stop. He saw the code and I think he was not convinced with my answer as I did not use TerminateThread..   Answer Question

Ingénieur Design des Produits Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villeurbanne (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villeurbanne (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Alstom Transportation in June 2011.

Trois entretiens avec le Product Design Site Leader (chef de site de conception produit), le Engineering Site Leader (chef de site d'ingénierie) et les ressources humaines.

Très bon retour durant les entretiens. Alstom n'a jamais demandé quel salaire je désirais, mais uniquement quel était mon précédent salaire. Ils m'ont proposé quelque chose de correct.

3 Interview with Product Design Site Leader, Engennering Site Leeder, Human ressources.
    Very good Feedback during interviews. Alstom never asked for my salary wish, but only for my previous salary. They proposed me something correct.

Interview Questions
    Je n'ai pas obtenu un meilleur salaire durant les négociations, mais :

- une prime de bienvenue de 2000 €

- négocié +3 % pour la prochaine revue de mon salaire... 3 mois après mes débuts au sein de l'entreprise

Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alstom Transportation in May 2011.

It started with their HR personnel getting in touch with me, asking me about my qualifications, experience, reasons for change, expected ctc, etc

Next there was a telephonic round with some 'director'. It was a non technical round. He discussed primarily about why I was looking for change and what kind of job I was looking for. He also briefed me a bit about what they do as a company.

After a few days, they asked me to attend a face to face interview. It was with 'department head'. He discussed about my previous projects, my roles in them, the standard - 'talk about the most challenging assignments you have done'. He did not grill me on fundamentals, seemed to agree with whatever I said. He showed me a block diagram of something they developed earlier and asked me to 'decipher' what exactly is going on inside that. Then he brought up some very rudimentary problem involving multithreading and synchronization. He also talked in detail about the kind of work they do and the role.

Next, I was called for once more round of face to face interview. I met the 'director' - the person I had talked over phone earlier. He harped on the very same topics - why I am looking for change and what are my expectation in terms of the role and career growth. Nothing remotely technical here ...

Same day had a HR round. The HR manager also talked about the 'why looking for a change' and 'what are my expectations' stuff, noted down my expected ctc and benefits and then let me go.

Didn't hear from them afterwards ... not sure why. A bit surprised that they rejected me without asking a single technical question. Equally surprising that I keep getting invitations from their recruiter to apply; which means they have not filled that position up (till September when I write it ...). Their recruitment policy is a bit freaky, I must say ...

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking for a change?   View Answer
    • What are your expectations from your employer?   View Answer
    • Why have you quit your previous jobs ( individually for each previous positions held)   View Answer