Alstom Transportation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
West Henrietta, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Alstom Transportation in April 2008.

Interview Details – Speak with immediate manager and three peers. No problems there and I have never heard of any problems from my coworkers. Then you interview with the HR representative. They will make a concerted effort to find problems even when none exist. This is consistent with the vast majority of my peers that I have spoken with.

Interview Question – Are you willing to travel?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They accepted my offer with no questions.

Technical Lead Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alstom Transportation in July 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call from a consultant for a position at Alstom Bangalore. Attended the first round telephonic and got selected for the second round F2F at their office. Cleared the second round and was called again for a discussion with their Vice President at their office. Went there and had a technical discussion with the VP and was called for the Project Manager level discussion.

Interview Question – The PM asked me to use TerminateThread to stop a thread. I was of the opinion that this API is only permitted for use at extreme cases and I wrote the code using SetEvent() to signal the thread to stop. He saw the code and I think he was not convinced with my answer as I did not use TerminateThread..   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alstom Transportation in January 2009.

Interview Details – 1) Telephonic interview.

2) Face to face Interview

3) Hr Interview

Interview Question – any one with minimum common-sense can easily clear the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – we can get any where between 30% to 40% .

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Design Engineer Interview

Villeurbanne (France)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alstom Transportation in June 2011.

Interview Details – 3 Interview with Product Design Site Leader, Engennering Site Leeder, Human ressources.
Very good Feedback during interviews. Alstom never asked for my salary wish, but only for my previous salary. They proposed me something correct.

Interview Question – No difficulties   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not get better salary during negociation but :
- 2000€of welcome prime
- +3% negociated for next salary review... 3 months after my start in the compagny

Very Easy Interview

Project Leader Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Alstom Transportation in May 2011.

Interview Details – It started with their HR personnel getting in touch with me, asking me about my qualifications, experience, reasons for change, expected ctc, etc

Next there was a telephonic round with some 'director'. It was a non technical round. He discussed primarily about why I was looking for change and what kind of job I was looking for. He also briefed me a bit about what they do as a company.

After a few days, they asked me to attend a face to face interview. It was with 'department head'. He discussed about my previous projects, my roles in them, the standard - 'talk about the most challenging assignments you have done'. He did not grill me on fundamentals, seemed to agree with whatever I said. He showed me a block diagram of something they developed earlier and asked me to 'decipher' what exactly is going on inside that. Then he brought up some very rudimentary problem involving multithreading and synchronization. He also talked in detail about the kind of work they do and the role.

Next, I was called for once more round of face to face interview. I met the 'director' - the person I had talked over phone earlier. He harped on the very same topics - why I am looking for change and what are my expectation in terms of the role and career growth. Nothing remotely technical here ...

Same day had a HR round. The HR manager also talked about the 'why looking for a change' and 'what are my expectations' stuff, noted down my expected ctc and benefits and then let me go.

Didn't hear from them afterwards ... not sure why. A bit surprised that they rejected me without asking a single technical question. Equally surprising that I keep getting invitations from their recruiter to apply; which means they have not filled that position up (till September when I write it ...). Their recruitment policy is a bit freaky, I must say ...

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a change?   View Answer
  • What are your expectations from your employer?   View Answer
  • Why have you quit your previous jobs ( individually for each previous positions held)   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alstom Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alstom Transportation interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alstom Transportation employees and interview candidates.