Alta Bates Summit Medical Center

Alta Bates Summit Medical Center Interview Questions

2.4

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center.

No interview at all... walked in and immediately was asked what hours I was available and which department I'd like to volunteer for. Make sure you have the money to pay for your uniform polo and that you have 4-hour chunks open to volunteer. You'll attend an orientation after the interview and then a training session to learn the necessary skills.

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in March 2010.

Very professional, friendly

Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in January 2010.

Hr phone interview, then department interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in December 2008.

Phone interview with HR manager first. Second interview with nursing dept manager, visited the dept, met some other nurses, was offered the job after the second interview. After 2 weeks, waited for all interview outcomes and chose this hospital above 3 other offers.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate than the others?   Answer Question
    • Please rate these four patients in order of how emergent their conditions are. Which patient would you assess first when coming on shift?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in April 2012.

Applied online, recruiter called within a few days. Then nothing. I received an email telling me thank you, but the job was filled. Then a week later the recruiter called to schedule an interview - but he was not prepared and didn't have any schedules, said he'd call back in a few minutes. 24 hours later he called to set up the panel interview.
    Very OLD school interview. Team of 5, each asked a question off a sheet in turn, then ranked my answers. After the interview concluded I was told they were making a decision that same day, and the recruiter promised to call me that afternoon. No call - not a surprise - and a week later a LETTER in the mail saying they had selected someone else. I didn't know people still sent rejection letters for jobs. And I did not appreciate the multiple broken promises by the recruiter. Broken process.

Intern Pharmacist Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in September 2009.

Very simple 1 on 1 interview as the manager just wanted to know you. The hiring process also included background check, drug test, and a physical examination in addition to the interview.

I didn't negotiate.

Medical Interpreter Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in March 2009.

Know what questions you want to ask the employer regarding training programs, services or clients, general working conditions, etc.. If you have done research ahead of time, you should already know some of these answers. However the interview is the right time to find out more. You' will most likely to be in the right position if you already know something about the organization and the kind of jobs you want.