Altair Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I received an email for on site screening test when I applied online. There were two more candidates were present for the written test along with me and I was told that there would be more next week. The test was too tedious and lengthy. Some very basic math aptitude questions from algebra, aptitude, probability and programming. I took around 1 hour of time to complete it. Then, I was asked to write program for a task and it took around 2.5hrs to complete. I don't understand the logic behind written programming test. They can screen better candidates if they take face-to-face interview which is more interactive and chances to ask more questions from varieties of area.

Interview Questions

• Programming test: 1. Sorting of student objects by their names, groups. 2. Write program to calculate age from birthdate and given date. 3. Write program to accept user input from keyboard and store in file.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altair Engineering in June 2015.

Interview

This is the first-round screening. I applied online and they reached me just one day after. They said my resume looks good and want my transcripts. Questions were just ordinary. After interview, I emailed them but told next Monday they have better choice. They were very efficient in this interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

basically HR questions 5 question : 1 how do you know about our company ? 2 visa status ? time available from May to August ? salary 20$/hour, is it ok for you ? 3 have get any backgrounds or project experience that you think match this position? 4 what's your weak points and strong points? 5 how you will deal with work when you lack motivation?

Interview Questions

• 1 how do you know about our company ? 2 visa status ? time available from May to August ? salary 20$/hour, is it ok for you ? 3 have get any backgrounds or project experience that you think match this position? 4 what's your weak points and strong points? 5 how you will deal with work when you lack motivation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altair Engineering in January 2015.

Interview

On application, I got an email from HR on scheduling a screening interview. In that screening interview the HR asked general HR related questions first and then moved on to a list of 20 technical questions which the hiring manager had provided to her. I handled the interview pretty well. On following up after 1 week I was informed that the position had been cancelled.

Interview Questions

• Some of the technical questions in the interview were difficult   Answer Question

Manufacturing Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altair Engineering.

Interview

Simple laid back. Included facility tour.

IOS Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altair Engineering.

Interview

had a phone convo with a recruiter, and scheduled an onsite interview.

Software Integrity Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Altair Engineering.

Interview

Phone interview, pretty normal process. I could even say it is a little casual. Just ask about your availability, knowledge or opinion of Altair's products and some related work experience.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Troy, MI) in April 2011.

Interview

Found Altair through an online job board. Met with an employee and one of the leads for the subsidiary I eventually was hired in at. Interviewing was relatively painless as we all shared a common background. Hiring took longer than expected because of the bureaucratic process. They were not very flexible in terms of additional requests and accommodations, but it was still a step up for me so I accepted anyway.

Negotiation

Salary required little negotiation but some of the other requests in terms of equipment and workstation were denied.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Troy, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview took about an hour and it was the manager, HR, and I.

CAD Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altair Engineering (Troy, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

The initial contact was only a skills tests, it was a one hour test in which you had to complete an entire solid part on Catia. After which they would call you. They had collected resumes at a job fair and called everyone in to test. So, they were testing 100's for 1 job.

Interview Questions

• Never got to the questions portion. Only the CAD test   1 Answer