Altec Industries Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.3

Heavy Equipment Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Altec Industries (Saint Joseph, MO).

Interview

Interview was on the easy side. Met with a few different people and it was more of a conversation than a typical interview. Everyone was very easy going an nice. I described my past experience, talked about myself a bit, and asked some questions about the company. I met with three different people in total.

Interview Questions

Interview

Went to a career fair and got invited to an interview in Birmingham. There were 6 total interviews. Everyone that I talked to was extremely nice and not at all intimidating. Most of the interview was small talk, and them talking about the company and what the job requirements would be.

Mobile Service Tech Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altec Industries (North Stamford, CT) in December 2014.

Interview

Great people to talk with. Very polite and informative. Would recommend to a friend or family member. Looking forward to future opportunities within this company. Strong ethnics and respect to their employees.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altec Industries (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2014.

Interview

I attended a school career fair then applied online. I received a call that they wanted an onsite interview. Interview started with a tour of the facility then a panel interview. They were very professional. The interview went very well and they asked very good questions. They were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

It was a good offer, but I received a lot better offer from another company.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altec Industries in October 2014.

Interview

I had one interview at my school where an Industrial Engineer within the company talked to me briefly about what Altec was about. She didn't ask many questions it was more of a conversation which I enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you facilitated control within a group.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It didn't seem negotiable, I didn't try to get more.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altec Industries (Dixon, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Had a one on one interview with both the manager and operations manager at the site. Manager wasn't engaged in interview but I see that as his personality rather than the company culture. I was warned prior that many that worked there were from the Midwest and were a bit different from Californians and hired based off seemingly random traits or interests. Got a tour of the facility from the operations manager and encouraged questions throughout the tour.

They do not require the EIT and have gpa requirements of 2.5+. Gpa doesn't factor much in hiring process. They prefer your gpa to be listed on resume regardless of what it is ( contrary to most other companies). Got back to me in a week after the interview.

The interview with the first manager was difficult only because he seemed very uninterested from the start and stared at my resume the majority of the time I was talking.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altec Industries.

Interview

I met the site manager and HR representative at a University career fair. After speaking with them they encouraged me to apply online. I was contacted within two weeks about setting up an interview. The interview was not very intense, rather it seemed more like an explanation of the operations at the site I was seeking employment at. In addition I was periodically asked questions to evaluate my engineering skills and personality.

The overall feeling I got was that the company was very concerned with finding the right person that would fit in at the site for the position. It was also made clear that the company is very open to constructive criticism and is dedicated to self improvement.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any specific questions. The interview was structured more as a continuous conversation with the employees at the site.   Answer Question

Entry-level Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altec Industries in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online via a job search website. Went through an extensive (5 hours on site) interview. I talked equally to each department about what goes on and a lot of similar conversations.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose engineering as your field of study?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Altec Industries.

Interview

several interviews and a special screening process

Negotiation

none

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altec Industries (Saint Joseph, MO).

Interview

Interviewed on campus. Got a call within a week to interview onsite. Great facility and great people. Interviewed with 7 managers for one half hour each. I am expecting to get an offer soon. Very laid back interview. Almost no behavioral type questions. Very easy going and they pay for your meals and gas to get down there.