Altec Industries Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014
Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.1

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Altec Industries.

I met the site manager and HR representative at a University career fair. After speaking with them they encouraged me to apply online. I was contacted within two weeks about setting up an interview. The interview was not very intense, rather it seemed more like an explanation of the operations at the site I was seeking employment at. In addition I was periodically asked questions to evaluate my engineering skills and personality.

The overall feeling I got was that the company was very concerned with finding the right person that would fit in at the site for the position. It was also made clear that the company is very open to constructive criticism and is dedicated to self improvement.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any specific questions. The interview was structured more as a continuous conversation with the employees at the site.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altec Industries in March 2013.

Went to an info session held on campus and then attended the career fair 2 weeks later and signed up for an interview on campus a week later. Interview went really well. Seemed like the main focus was how well you could hold a conversation and be personable. Two days later I receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many questions. More of a one on one conversation about yourself and the position.   Answer Question
    No need to negotiate, pay was good and fair.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Altec Industries.

several interviews and a special screening process

none

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Altec Industries in February 2014.

They called me and explained that the position was for an APPLICATIONS Engineer(mostly CAD), then scheduled a visit with the HR dept. When I arrived, I was sitting in the waiting room with someone interviewing for the same position.

The interview then began in a room with three interviewers and myself. Two interviewers from the engineering department and an HR lead. It started with small talk and then progressed from there. They didn't ask any silly questions but mostly just listened to me pitch myself.

Next, I went and did a second set of interviews with a second group of three interviewers. One from Quality, Materials, and Drafting. This group was slightly less chatty but overall the same system as the first group.

After the interview was a tour of the facility, and then we parted. They guaranteed to get back to me but never called. I was later hired on through a temp agency and they recalled my interview so I did not have to Interview again.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Altec Industries.

Interviewed on campus. Got a call within a week to interview onsite. Great facility and great people. Interviewed with 7 managers for one half hour each. I am expecting to get an offer soon. Very laid back interview. Almost no behavioral type questions. Very easy going and they pay for your meals and gas to get down there.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Daleville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daleville, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altec Industries in February 2014.

Was granted an interview after speaking briefly with a representative at one of my school's career fairs and was invited to an info session at a local bar the same day, where they offered dinner and drinks to those invited. This is the beginning of the selection process, even though it's just a socially informative event- ask a lot of good questions, remember names of present employees, and show that you're interested. Most of the employees there WILL be the ones responsible for interviewing you, so don't be shy and get to know as many as you can.
    Interview questions were pretty simple and very friendly. Although another review very similar to this one says 1 HR rep and 1 engineer will interview you, I had mine with 2 engineers. They were actually running ahead of schedule so I advise you to get there not only on time but 10-15 minute early, for it can only look better for your candidacy if you are ready and there early.
    Was emailed with the rest of the students that had been present during the info session to a plant tour a week later- this was the last phase of the selection process. Again, be friendly, seem interested, and ask a lot of questions. They actually advise you to ask as many questions as you can so be ready. They called me a day later with their offer.

Interview Questions
    • The two questions I can remember were:
      Tell me about yourself.
      How would you deal with a team member that was not offering much to the team's project?
        Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Burnsville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altec Industries.

Applied at University job fair. First round interview with Engineer and HR representative. Back and forth questioning so one could note your answer and other would move on. Common job interview questions from HR representative. Questions with Engineer asking more technical questions to determine if you fit as Design, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineer. Took two weeks to be offered position Think delay was because of other university job fairs..

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain experience or to provide an example of lean manufacturing to show knowledge of subject in a manufacturing environment.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for co-op position.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Altec Industries.

I met this company at a career fair, went through a very lengthy interview process. This shows how much they care about finding solid employees that match their core values.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a superhero, which one would it be and why?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Altec Industries in January 2010.

Day long process of interviews. You will be exhausted by the end of the process. Expect to be able to define what stress is and also solve a cantilever beam diagram.

Interview Questions
    Starting pay is lower compared to other industries. They do not have much room for negotiations, but you should attempt. You will most likely be able to negotiate an additional five percent on salary.

Mobile Service Tech Interview

Nothing difficult, mainly conversation about previous experience

Worked for Altec Industries? Contribute to the Community!