Altec Industries

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altec Industries in October 2014.

I attended a school career fair then applied online. I received a call that they wanted an onsite interview. Interview started with a tour of the facility then a panel interview. They were very professional. The interview went very well and they asked very good questions. They were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

It was a good offer, but I received a lot better offer from another company.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altec Industries in October 2014.

I had one interview at my school where an Industrial Engineer within the company talked to me briefly about what Altec was about. She didn't ask many questions it was more of a conversation which I enjoyed.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you facilitated control within a group.   Answer Question
    It didn't seem negotiable, I didn't try to get more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dixon, CA

Had a one on one interview with both the manager and operations manager at the site. Manager wasn't engaged in interview but I see that as his personality rather than the company culture. I was warned prior that many that worked there were from the Midwest and were a bit different from Californians and hired based off seemingly random traits or interests. Got a tour of the facility from the operations manager and encouraged questions throughout the tour.

They do not require the EIT and have gpa requirements of 2.5+. Gpa doesn't factor much in hiring process. They prefer your gpa to be listed on resume regardless of what it is ( contrary to most other companies). Got back to me in a week after the interview.

The interview with the first manager was difficult only because he seemed very uninterested from the start and stared at my resume the majority of the time I was talking.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altec Industries.

I met the site manager and HR representative at a University career fair. After speaking with them they encouraged me to apply online. I was contacted within two weeks about setting up an interview. The interview was not very intense, rather it seemed more like an explanation of the operations at the site I was seeking employment at. In addition I was periodically asked questions to evaluate my engineering skills and personality.

The overall feeling I got was that the company was very concerned with finding the right person that would fit in at the site for the position. It was also made clear that the company is very open to constructive criticism and is dedicated to self improvement.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember any specific questions. The interview was structured more as a continuous conversation with the employees at the site.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Altec Industries.

several interviews and a special screening process

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altec Industries.

Interviewed on campus. Got a call within a week to interview onsite. Great facility and great people. Interviewed with 7 managers for one half hour each. I am expecting to get an offer soon. Very laid back interview. Almost no behavioral type questions. Very easy going and they pay for your meals and gas to get down there.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daleville, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daleville, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altec Industries in February 2014.

Was granted an interview after speaking briefly with a representative at one of my school's career fairs and was invited to an info session at a local bar the same day, where they offered dinner and drinks to those invited. This is the beginning of the selection process, even though it's just a socially informative event- ask a lot of good questions, remember names of present employees, and show that you're interested. Most of the employees there WILL be the ones responsible for interviewing you, so don't be shy and get to know as many as you can.
    Interview questions were pretty simple and very friendly. Although another review very similar to this one says 1 HR rep and 1 engineer will interview you, I had mine with 2 engineers. They were actually running ahead of schedule so I advise you to get there not only on time but 10-15 minute early, for it can only look better for your candidacy if you are ready and there early.
    Was emailed with the rest of the students that had been present during the info session to a plant tour a week later- this was the last phase of the selection process. Again, be friendly, seem interested, and ask a lot of questions. They actually advise you to ask as many questions as you can so be ready. They called me a day later with their offer.

Interview Questions
    • The two questions I can remember were:
      Tell me about yourself.
      How would you deal with a team member that was not offering much to the team's project?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Altec Industries in February 2014.

They called me and explained that the position was for an APPLICATIONS Engineer(mostly CAD), then scheduled a visit with the HR dept. When I arrived, I was sitting in the waiting room with someone interviewing for the same position.

The interview then began in a room with three interviewers and myself. Two interviewers from the engineering department and an HR lead. It started with small talk and then progressed from there. They didn't ask any silly questions but mostly just listened to me pitch myself.

Next, I went and did a second set of interviews with a second group of three interviewers. One from Quality, Materials, and Drafting. This group was slightly less chatty but overall the same system as the first group.

After the interview was a tour of the facility, and then we parted. They guaranteed to get back to me but never called. I was later hired on through a temp agency and they recalled my interview so I did not have to Interview again.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnsville, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altec Industries.

Applied at University job fair. First round interview with Engineer and HR representative. Back and forth questioning so one could note your answer and other would move on. Common job interview questions from HR representative. Questions with Engineer asking more technical questions to determine if you fit as Design, Manufacturing, or Quality Engineer. Took two weeks to be offered position Think delay was because of other university job fairs..

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain experience or to provide an example of lean manufacturing to show knowledge of subject in a manufacturing environment.   Answer Question
    No negotiating for co-op position.

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altec Industries.

I met this company at a career fair, went through a very lengthy interview process. This shows how much they care about finding solid employees that match their core values.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a superhero, which one would it be and why?   Answer Question