Altegra Health Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.1

Medical Records Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altegra Health (Grand Rapids, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything done via internet - even the training. They use Talentwise to perform Background check. The training modules are all online and you must pass to be able to accept a project.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Altegra Health (Remote, OR).

Interview

applied through careerbuilder, got an email with questions to answer and short explanation of the pay etc. to send back with a 2 day deadline. After that it was a series of emails to actually accept the position.

Field Reviwer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altegra Health (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Took a pre test. Pass you are hired. If not just ask for a retake. I went through a recruiter and it is all online over the phone. This company is so disorganized. I'm not very impressed. This has been the longest hiring process ever. My first recruiter was fired half way through it. They somehow "lost" all of my info. I had to completely start over. It's a joke so far.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to travel   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not do any negotiations. They also didn't offer.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altegra Health in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through a contact. Most of the people were hired through a referral. They prefer someone with lots of experience and therefore expect the average age to be in 50s.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how do you interact with clients   Answer Question

Abstractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altegra Health (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

Email interview. They solicit past contractors each year via email. There are several generic questions and long waiting periods between replies. They sent out several questionnaires. There may have been one phone interview inquiring about hours available to work.

Interview Questions

• They are interested in your Internet speed, computer operating system, and past experience with HEDIS. The questions are very general.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no opportunity for negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altegra Health.

Interview

I applied through dice and got called in 2 days of my application by a recruiter. There was an initial telephone screening which was mainly resume discussion and some basic questions on my resume. Then I was invited onsite and had a series of 4 interviews (all technical), pretty easy and common questions that you would find on the internet if you google for .Net interview questions or such. I got a call back with the offer on the next business day.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Director, Client Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altegra Health in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Recruiter. Then series of 3 separate phone interviews with various VPs in the division. Then they flew me out to the corporate office in Miami Lakes FL where I met with 3 SVPs and the CEO. Got the job offer the next day. If you're experienced, it was one of the simplest interview processes I've experienced in recent years.

Interview Questions

• It was all fairly routine. Nothing shocking or unexpected comes to mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Fairly easy. I negotiated a little bit more base salary, but due to a major holiday, it took about 10 days for me to get through this process. It was a nerve-wracking wait.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Altegra Health (Miami Lakes, FL).

Interview

It was quite a long interview process to get this job. There were 3 phone interviews, 2 face-to-face interview, and writing samples were requested

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that they requested writing samples from me. Luckily, I was able to provide some from my recent coursework.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Altegra Health (Miami Lakes, FL).

Interview

I was contacted by a talent acquisition person, long conversation and I was clear on all my expectations, so he moved ahead and arranged an interview. He said he will follow up and provide updates accordingly. A week later I took the interview, very informal and the quality of the interview on a scale of (1-10) 1 being worst and 10 excellent I give it a 2. I was told by a director that I would be contacted later for a decision and never heard back, ugly b/c one expects some level of professionalism.

Remote Coder Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Altegra Health in June 2012.

Interview

All done by phone. I was contacted by a recruiter of Altegra Health first. Then contacted by a Manager in which he proceeded to give me medical diagnosis and I had to look them up in the ICD-9 book and give him the answer as quick as possible.

Interview Questions

• The whole interview was fairly simple (as long as you know how to code)   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are hired at a base salary no negotiating