Altera ASIC Design Engineer Interview Questions

4.0

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by email for a first round interview. Interview was broken into two 30 mins sessions with two separate interviewers. Then I was invited for another round which lasted for 4 hours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Altera

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Altera in February 2010.

Interview

First met with Hiring Manager. Was asked to describe the two blocks I had designed. Was asked probing questions about why and how I had made certain design decisions. Was asked how I interacted with people and give examples of a difficult situation I had handled. Then two Lead Engineers came in and asked me to give a presentation of a Specification document I had written. After that, I was shown two examples of code written by their Engineers and asked to explain what the code was doing.

Interview Questions

• Why would you use a Verilog Pre-processor?   1 Answer
    • How would you go about verifying a design?   1 Answer