Altera

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Altera in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through Altera career website. Received an email from senior engineer a month later to schedule a phone interview the following week. The phone interview was a typical go over you resume and you educational experiences in digital system. Interviewer was up front about my experience and rejected me professional on the phone. The interviewer did not ask if I had any questions for him or the position, so I was left with a bitter feeling.

Interview Question – none, go over profile   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Altera in November 2008.

Interview Details – Very technical but based on past experience

Interview Question – Si related questions   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Altera in April 2011.

Interview Details – two interviewers, 30 mins each. pure technical questions, one interviewer in software (C language) one in hardware. Casual dress code. Nice people. One question was about gray code counter. I didn't do well on the software part, probably that's why I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

Applications Engineer

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Altera in October 2009.

Interview Details – Completely technical. Mostly questions related to signal integrity, LPF response etc

Interview Question – Transmission line response   Answer Question

Application Engineer Interview

Application Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Altera in July 2010.

Interview Details – Process of interview :
1. Self Introduction
2. Working Experience
3. Question on Fundamental of digital design
4. Expectation

majority of the people is interested in the Question on Fundamental of digital design:
1. Timing Analysis (setup time, hold time, metastability issue, maximum frequency)
2. How does a mux of 3 input can be used for 2 input and gate
etc

Interview Question – How to use a 3input mux to create a 2 input AND gate?   View Answer

Worked for Altera? Contribute to the Community!