Altera

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Altera in September 2009.

Not too difficult interview. Basic questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Altera

Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altera.

First round is phone interview, was referred by an employee. Pure technical questions, no behavioural.
    Second round is on-site, interviewed by 4 or 5 engineers, each person 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    • All basic digital design questions. If you are very good at digital design, don't worry.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Altera in January 2012.

After a phone interview, they flew me out to San Jose. Except for the airfare, I had to pay all expenses which I was told would be reimbursed. Accommodations were nice. On day of interview, I was met by the recruiter who wore jeans and an untucked dress shirt. I expected a little more professionalism. The day was planned out to have multiple interviews with several individuals/groups. Nothing went according to plan. I spent lots of time alone in the conference room waiting for the next interview. Few of the interviewers had read my resume until they met with me. They knew for days I was coming but yet the interview process was a disorganized mess. On the positive side, everyone I encountered was very nice and personable.

Engineering Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altera in January 2011.

Mostly just a filter interview where I was bombarded with intelligence questions

Interview Questions
    • Draw the state machine logic for an elevator which has 4 floors. Take into account ALL factors (payload, speed, emergency cases)   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altera in August 2010.

Interview consisted of two stages, both 1:1 (6 interviews total). They didn't seem interested in discussing my past projects and dived straight into the usual white board programming questions. The questions were stimulating and I was able to eventually answer the questions. They have some interesting projects going on.

Interview Questions

Pros: Great location in downtown Toronto; free drinks and nice office.
    Cons: (Biggest for me) Most of the projects, while interesting didn't seem related to my past experience and I was unwilling to move away from my technical niche.

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altera in September 2008.

They will call you. Questions will be based on the type of jobs they are looking for. WIll ask you what are your current job scope, your job responsibility, (maybe your current pay, the benefits you get from the current employer). Basic knowledge of the working field is a must.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing his/her fair share of the work. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • How do you get along with older (younger) co-workers?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Altera in April 2008.

My resume was forwarded and recommended by a friend. It started by a phone screening from the manager, asking about my current job position and probed into my interest. He also promoted the job offered and shared a little about the company's benefits. We then scheduled an on-site interview. It was a 1:1 interview lasted for about 2 hours and I was then asked to wait for an offer from staffing.