Altera IP Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Software Engineer (11)
- Engineering (6)
- Design Engineer (6)
- Applications Engineer (4)
- Intern (4)
- Hardware Engineer (3)
- Advanced Design Engineer (3)
- Senior Software Engineer (3)
- Senior Test Development Engineer (2)
- Senior Member of Technical Staff (2)
- Software Engineer Intern (2)
- ASIC Design Engineer (2)
- Product Engineer (2)
- IP Design Engineer (2)
- Member of Technical Staff (2)
- Software Intern At Altera (1)
- Advanced Product Engineer (1)
- Member of Technical Staff, Design Engineer (1)
- Software/Design Engineer (1)
- IP Engineering (1)
- Intern Computer Engineering (1)
- Systems Software Intern (1)
- Summer Internship (1)
- Supply Chain Analyst (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- FPGA Engineer (1)
- Software Design Intern (1)
- Software Development Engineer (1)
- Software Intern (1)
- Staff Software Engineer (1)
IP Engineering Interview (Neutral Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Altera in June 2011.
Interview Details – I was referred by my friend. After which hiring manager called me for phone interview. It went well. I was then called for on-site interview:
- On-site interview went for ~ 5- 6 hrs.
- Interviewed by 4-5 individuals.
- questions were mostly technical, touching on these areas:
- ASIC Implementation flow.
- What projects you worked on, describe how you implemented the chip/design.
- TCL related questions. (like lappend etc..)
- How will you analyze and fix setup time, hold time.
- Routing using higher metal layers.
Interview Question – How will you arrange FPGA IPs on die and connect those. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at Altera