Altera Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

NCG Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA).

Interview

NIce. They were very friendly. It started with a phone screening with HR, then phone interview with manager, finally an interview in person that lasted most of the day. It took three steps, and about a month in total.

Interview Questions

• Digital Logic questions, how to multiply/divide in binary, count to 10 in binary   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Altera.

Interview

One phone screening, one phone interview (technical), one on-campus interview (technical). The on-campus interview was with 4 senior members of the group I was going to be in, and it lasted 2 hours.

Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview process goes well. I was asked questions on my project experience, and evaluate myself on software programming.... Surprisingly the hiring manager ask two questions on puzzle sovling questions which is pretty interesting to solve. people over there is nice and smart but I feel the interview process is kind of a rush.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very typical interview process, phone interview followed by in-person interview. I met with four interviewers onsite. Two of them are very junior and the other two are not pleasant at all. They seem to be very busy, not prepared, and rush through everything. It could be worse, I have been to worse interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you do if <fill in the blanks situation>?   1 Answer

Advanced Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview included basic technical questions. Was also questioned about intent to move across country. After 2 weeks I was flown out for an onsite interview. Everyone seemed nice and relaxed. Questions were split between technical and brain teasers. Overall, a relaxed interview process

Interview Questions

• A new building is being built and the elevator portion is being contracted out to you. How do you ensure it's built to not fail?   1 Answer

Test Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altera in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call in about a week. The interview was simple. Interviewer seemed friendly and asked a lot of basic questions. More concerned about doing an on-site interview since I was not in San Jose at the time. Missed out because of the same reason too.

Interview Questions

• 1.How do you implement a binary counter using a flip flop? 2. Questions about setup and hold time   1 Answer

Advanced Technical Documentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of one phone interview with the hiring manager and two video interviews. Each video interview was of three hour duration. Prior to the interview process, a writing sample of a class project or a research project or a thesis/dissertation had to be submitted. The first video interview was technical with 6 rounds of 30 minutes each. The second video interview was a mix of technical and behavioral with the interviewers being managers of different teams. There was also an English written skills test taken as a part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the writing style ans structure of a technical document ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altera in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty nice, got around asking me general stuff and then went right to business. Both questions were on FSMs, the first was relatively easy and the second was really hard. I didn't do as well as I expected and I was never called back. A rejection email would have been nice but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the job, it wasn't for me.

Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The position is an entry level role that is a rotation between Sales, Marketing, and Technical services. An initial phone screen about general interests followed an on site interview with individuals from Marketing and Applications Engineering. Questions were limited to feelers about my personality, interests, and thought process. Not satisfied with my evaluation, they called me in again for another on site to interview with more members of the Applications Engineering team.

Interview Questions

• Questions from projects, PLL, general coding, and aptitude.   Answer Question

IC Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

The work will be related to primarily with the design and verification engineer on block-level and subsystem-level verification, with possible exposure to some design and synthesis work as well. So the interview for me was more about my academic projects which involved in Designing of 5 stage MIPS processor and design of DMA controller and High performance Multiplier.

Interview Questions

• Designing a Pipelined processor   1 Answer