Altera Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

1st round have three interview question
    second question is ask to has the longest path in BST
    three question is bowling question. the bowling ball has width of n and each pin has different score. The question ask compute c code to find the best way to hit the pin to achieve the highest score.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult is the software question, it ask to find the biggest sum of a path in a tree which has n children and n depth.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The hiring manager was so helpful and the interview was as smooth as it could be

Advanced Design Engineer Interview

1 phone screen followed by onsite interviews

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Met at a career fair. I went for an onsite interview. I had 5 interviews in roughly 4 hour. The questions asked were both technical and behavioral but mainly technical. It really depends on who is interviewing you. Be prepared to the interviewer to bump on a previous answer to ask a new question, be relax and most importantly be confident!

Interview Questions
    • How are you going to help the company solve its problems?   Answer Question

FPGA Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Altera.

The interview lasts about an hour. The first half is hardware questions including designing a divider and a efficient grey code counter. The second half is software interview including finding the second large value in a sequence

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altera in February 2010.

Multiple interviews with low-level engineers, high-level individual contributors, and some executive management. Likely depends on the job.

Interview Questions
    • As a former employee of the company, I had a lot of 'why do you want to come back to Altera?' and 'do you plan to leave again?',   View Answer
    Salary was fine, had to push hard for a signing bonus. RSU grant was very good.

Systems Software Intern Interview

Multiple technical interviews, no behavioural interviews.
    Asked me to write code in any language I want on a whiteboard.
    Then hardware questions... most are easy but one tripped me up. Didn't get an offer

50 words limit lol please

SAP Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Altera in May 2013.

Too long interview process, you never know for what you will be kicked off

Senior Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Altera in April 2010.

I went through the recruitment process using an agent. Arranging the interview was easy and efficient, time, location etc etc.

The company had just one interview which was beyond what one would considerable reasonable. It was over 5 hours from 10 am to 5 pm, with 30 minutes for lunch. It involved being interviewed by 6 different interviewers. The first interviewer was non technical (the manager), the 4 in the middle were engineering staff, all technical followed by a final HR interview. Non of the interview was difficult, fairly easy, the engineering staff and management were not trained in interview techniques and it came across as muddled and overly simplistic and unnecessary with allot of duplication and waffle.

The correct client can be decided in 5 minutes for an expect in his/her field, this company completely lacked any idea of how to spotting good talent

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was related to timing closure of an FPGA.   Answer Question
    It was easy, the agent told me the salary they would likely accept and I got it plus a large amount of stock options and relocation expenses.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at Altera in September 2012.

I had a quick call with the hiring manager and was called onboard for interviews with 4 people including one with HR. I felt the interviews went well, but then wasnt replied to, until I checked with the HR. She asked me to wait another week.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, basic BA questions, what will you do if you face conflicting requirements.   View Answer

Worked for Altera? Contribute to the Community!