Altera Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I attended my university job fair where I dropped my resume. I got an email in about a month to attend an on campus interview. There was only one stage in the interview process - two back to back 30 minute on campus interviews.

Interview Questions

• Questions were quite generic and purely algorithms and data structure related.   1 Answer

Advanced Test Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview included basic technical questions. Was also questioned about intent to move across country. After 2 weeks I was flown out for an onsite interview. Everyone seemed nice and relaxed. Questions were split between technical and brain teasers. Overall, a relaxed interview process

Interview Questions

• A new building is being built and the elevator portion is being contracted out to you. How do you ensure it's built to not fail?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altera in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewer was pretty nice, got around asking me general stuff and then went right to business. Both questions were on FSMs, the first was relatively easy and the second was really hard. I didn't do as well as I expected and I was never called back. A rejection email would have been nice but in retrospect, I'm glad I didn't get the job, it wasn't for me.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altera.

Interview

It was 1 hour and 30 minutes interview. I was interviewed by three people. Most are algo questions, but there were definitely some hardware questiones. No easy. The experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Give a tree, each node has a integer value. Find paths which sum up to certain value. (Not necessarily to be a path from root to its leaf).   Answer Question

Advanced Technical Documentation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview Process consisted of one phone interview with the hiring manager and two video interviews. Each video interview was of three hour duration. Prior to the interview process, a writing sample of a class project or a research project or a thesis/dissertation had to be submitted. The first video interview was technical with 6 rounds of 30 minutes each. The second video interview was a mix of technical and behavioral with the interviewers being managers of different teams. There was also an English written skills test taken as a part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on the writing style ans structure of a technical document ?   Answer Question

NCG Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Altera (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in April 2015.

Interview

phone interview followed by panel interview. HR screen the resume and check the background via phone. The directors and managers check the technique skills and also some personality quiz.phone interview followed by panel interview. HR screen the resume and check the background via phone. The directors and managers check the technique skills and also some personality quiz.

Interview Questions

• almost every projects on resume and some pressure questions   1 Answer

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Altera (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got mail back in one week, and the phone interview was set in about 3 days. It was a phone interview 1 hour long, there were two interviewrs 30 for each of them, they were very friendly. the interview was technical plus background screening.

Interview Questions

• 1. question obout low power design, start from easy question and after it was answerd the more complex details were added. 2. build FSM divider by 5, start from simple solution and after that more complex constraints and limitations were added   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Altera.

Interview

Received phone call exactly on time Started with going through cv Briefly describe about all the modules learnt Discussion about Final Year Project Typical interview questions Asked him some questions about working environment No technical question at all The whole interview is quite relax and it went smoothly. He gave me a positive review. Received an email to go for assessment centre today.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to join Altera? 2. Why do you think Altera should hire you? 3. How do you think you previous work experience would help you in your future career? 4. Where do you see yourself in 5 to 10 years? 5. What difficulties have you faced? 6. What is your weakness?   2 Answers

NCG Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altera (San Jose, CA).

Interview

NIce. They were very friendly. It started with a phone screening with HR, then phone interview with manager, finally an interview in person that lasted most of the day. It took three steps, and about a month in total.

Interview Questions

• Digital Logic questions, how to multiply/divide in binary, count to 10 in binary   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Altera.

Interview

One phone screening, one phone interview (technical), one on-campus interview (technical). The on-campus interview was with 4 senior members of the group I was going to be in, and it lasted 2 hours.