Alterian

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

QA Analyst Interview

QA Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alterian.

Interview Details – It was a straightforward Interview for the Position of QA analyst. Phone interview was conducted by the hiring manager for about 1 hour after 1 week of applying. The interview was mostly technical and job history related. There were some trick questions. I was called for person to person interview after a week. the interviewers asked me to write SQL queries and use Whiteboard to explain previous projects etc.

Interview Question – how do you measure the height of a 509Meter pole in a vacuum with a ball and Stopwatch?   View Answer

Partner Services Associate Interview

Partner Services Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alterian in July 2010.

Interview Details – What stood out about this particular interview was that I was asked to prepare a 15 min Powerpoint presentation on a specific topic. I had 2 days to prepare. Luckily I had just completed my degreed program at school and was well prepared for this. I could see this being a problem for someone who wasn't prepared or had the proper public speaking tools. The day of the interview I presented to 5 people in a board room. The presentation went well after which we continuted with the standard line of interview questioning.

Interview Question – I found out that this company makes it mandatory to prepare a similar presentation regardless of the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was called a couple days later and presented with an offer. I countered at which they called me later to slightly raise the original offer. I took an extra day to "think" about after which formally accepting.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Alterian in December 2009.

Interview Details – There are two round of technical interview in the Alterian for Senior Software Develper. After that there are one more round for HR.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Alterian? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Alterian interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Alterian employees and interview candidates.