Altisource Interview Questions in Bangalore

Updated Aug 19, 2014

53 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Altisource in June 2014.

It was good hiring process, though there are many rounds of interview before a selection. The decision is not taken timely, very delayed in communicating back to the candidates. No senior management takes responsibility in communicating back. Even if the HR tells that one is selected, then the same HR will come back next day to schedule another round of interview. There were 9 rounds of interview before the final formal offer letter was delivered. The time taken was more than a month before the closure

Interview Questions
    Negotiate hard, they can also by pass the system to go ahead and offer you the best

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Altisource in July 2014.

I applied for the opening with Business Analyst role at Altisource 2 weeks ago.

First round was analytical and logical questioning round. 50 questions to be attempted in 12 min. The accuracy and speed was tested. I cleared the round but due to tie break in the marks, I was asked to attempt the same set of questions again with the competitors. I have crossed that test as well. Most of the elimination was in the first round. Many of the candidates appeared (around 20+) and only 3 were short listed for the next round.

Second round: Psychometric round- A self assessment sheet having set of questions about office culture in which yo work and what will be expected out of a candidate in general. (this is not an elimination round but wit the way you answer, you will be evaluated in the HR Round)

Third round: HR Discussion. It was a telephonic round and they asked questions about the current role, package expected and readiness to work on shift basis. Since I was not aware and ready for a noon shift, I asked for a day shift. But the Interviewer was stubborn that if I am not ready for the shift, they will not proceed further.

This lead me to drop the further rounds. As per my knowledge the next round was technical round for SQL and MS EXCEL. If you are confident and prepared with basics and communication skills, it is not a tough interview to clear.
    All the best!

Interview Questions
    • First round was bit challenging as most of the questions were tricky and logical based. Once i got into a tie break, I was expecting another set of questions. But the same set of questions were provided which made the candidates in check-mate situation. As, we cannot be sure as our previous attempts were right or wrong (unless we are super confident!). This was an unexpected situation but smart work will always pays u a way.   Answer Question

The role was associated with a noon shift basis work timing.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Altisource.

Typical.. Aptitude test, HR round, Ops round.. the offered were fixed, can't be negotiated... even if one has more than four yrs of experience, they still offered a meagre 190000 ctc.

non negotiable ctc.

Senior Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Altisource.

Phone interview, Written Test, followed by face to face interview. Written test was qualitative, and personality tests.

First face to face interview with an architect, questions on application performance, scaling. Not too difficult.

Second round with Director of web group. Very disappointing. He was confused, and asked irrelevant questions.

Overall came back with negative impression of the entire process.

Interview Questions
    • If application is slow, which tier of the application is responsible.   View Answer

Poor impression of the interviewers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Altisource in June 2014.

Applied through Naukri.com and then received a call for basic details...My resume was forwarded for shortlisting...I got shortlisted and was called for interview... Had a test of 50 quest in 12 mins...was very simple...This test is mandatory for all positions...immediately after that had an interview which lasted around 20-25 mins...Interview too was normal...nothing unexpected...some requirement gathering related questions and some scenarios as to how to deal with client...

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Altisource.

The hiring process for freshers is simple, starting with a rapid test round to test your basic mathematics, english language and response to stress and deadlines. Clearing this is above the cut off is mandatory, This is followed by a technical round where your role is briefly explained and you grasp,understanding and communication skill carry weight. Generally this is followed by an offer of employment.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Altisource.

Telephonic first round, after that face to face 3 rounds.
    Of these 2 rounds were technical with questions on java, j2ee, servlets, sql.

Final round interviewer was a Director, and i was surprised that he himself did not know answers to the questions he was asking. Was reading from a piece of paper! He mentioned he was head of web development group, but when asked about how many users requests his web application handled, he was clueless and was offended.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Interview Process handled by HR was very bad and disgusting. The HR were not able to handle 50-70 candidate and there were almost 6-7 HR's. My interview was scheduled at 12:00 AM. I reached at the venue (Ecospace) at 11:45 noon They kept us waiting for almost 40 minutes in a conference room and to the surprise there was a aptitude test just to keep us busy and it was just for formality. My first round f2f(technical) happened at 5:00 PM after a wait of 4 hours after written test. There was no lunch provided by them, we need to pay and eat. The technical interviewer was not worried about what is your experience in your Resume and asked questions which they are confident upon. Below are the questions.

I rate the overall process of interview conducted and there Java/J2EE panel as 1.0 out of 5.0.

Interview Questions
    • 1. what type of collection we can use to store XML object Map, Set or ArrayList and why?   View Answer
    • 2. What is the other way to instantiate a bean by Spring container other than Dependency Injection?   View Answer
    • what is the difference between JavaScript and Java? What type of language is JavaScript?   View Answer

Specialist Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Altisource in May 2013.

It was a nice experience, had a warm welcome from the recruitment team and friendly atmosphere, the interview process went smooth without much hassle.

Interview Questions
    • It was about my willingness to change the work domain and my readiness to take up a new responsibility   Answer Question
    Good

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Its so good and decent , they are not take a interview for proving there knowledge . all are decent question , daily faced issue's in server side

Interview Questions
    Its really hard to negotiate with them. but they paid well

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!