Altisource Interview Questions in Bangalore

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Bad interview process......HR told me I was selected and called once asked notice period. from there no call..........its very bad and waste of time to others. I feel if they have opening with less notice period, they have to call the people who would be able to join in less duration instead of all.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

Hiring Process is:

1. First one written test mostly simple logical questions and some english check like its and it's are they same, different etc
    2. Second round is with the Sr. Solution Architect
    3. Third round is with Directory followed by HR

Now, they had called just too many people for too many positions and after the test I had to wait for more than 2 hours. Then they apologized and said they will reschedule it next week. Then nothing happened.

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process was a two-step process. The first was a test and the second was a PI which was completed on the same day. The written part is divided in a psychometric test and subject matter expertise test which was pretty standard. the interview was also quite okay given I was asked questions both from my area of expertise as well as my personal goals.
    The hiring managers were quite clear about the timelines of the completion of the process but the recruiters did not adhere to it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

A call came from the hr and my interview was scheduled. The interview was late by 15 just coz the security didn't allow candidates to take in our phones. In the end the security gave up and we were allowed in.

The first round was aptitude. 50 questions in 10 min. This round was very simple and anyone who has a descent puzzle solving capability and verbal skills can clear it.

The second round was f2f interview. This round also was very simple. He just asked basic questions on java and data structure. This interview lasted for almost half an hour.

Feeling confident of my performance I was waiting in the office for my next round, but to my shock I was told to leave and the hr would get back to us. On the way down I met the hr and asked when I can expect the call. He asked me for my company name and said that might be the reason why you are not selected. When I asked him further he told me that they were looking for candidates from product based companies first and if they don't find any capable candidate's in time they would definitely try for service based and I may get a call.

When they really don't want people from service based why did I even get a call?

Interview Questions

• tell us about the yourself and the projects that you have worked on   Answer Question
    • different scope of variables in java   Answer Question
    • how do you define a static class and some more questions elated to static   Answer Question
    • explain the struts framework and it's mvc architecture   Answer Question
    • what are the different joins available in SQL. explain in detail   Answer Question
    • puzzle: there are 2 cans of size 4 liter and 7 liter. how can you get 2 litters of milk from it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Typical.. Aptitude test, HR round, Ops round.. the offered were fixed, can't be negotiated... even if one has more than four yrs of experience, they still offered a meagre 190000 ctc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non negotiable ctc.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the opening with Business Analyst role at Altisource 2 weeks ago.

First round was analytical and logical questioning round. 50 questions to be attempted in 12 min. The accuracy and speed was tested. I cleared the round but due to tie break in the marks, I was asked to attempt the same set of questions again with the competitors. I have crossed that test as well. Most of the elimination was in the first round. Many of the candidates appeared (around 20+) and only 3 were short listed for the next round.

Second round: Psychometric round- A self assessment sheet having set of questions about office culture in which yo work and what will be expected out of a candidate in general. (this is not an elimination round but wit the way you answer, you will be evaluated in the HR Round)

Third round: HR Discussion. It was a telephonic round and they asked questions about the current role, package expected and readiness to work on shift basis. Since I was not aware and ready for a noon shift, I asked for a day shift. But the Interviewer was stubborn that if I am not ready for the shift, they will not proceed further.

This lead me to drop the further rounds. As per my knowledge the next round was technical round for SQL and MS EXCEL. If you are confident and prepared with basics and communication skills, it is not a tough interview to clear.
    All the best!

Interview Questions

• First round was bit challenging as most of the questions were tricky and logical based. Once i got into a tie break, I was expecting another set of questions. But the same set of questions were provided which made the candidates in check-mate situation. As, we cannot be sure as our previous attempts were right or wrong (unless we are super confident!). This was an unexpected situation but smart work will always pays u a way.   Answer Question

The role was associated with a noon shift basis work timing.

Senior Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Phone interview, Written Test, followed by face to face interview. Written test was qualitative, and personality tests.

First face to face interview with an architect, questions on application performance, scaling. Not too difficult.

Second round with Director of web group. Very disappointing. He was confused, and asked irrelevant questions.

Overall came back with negative impression of the entire process.

Interview Questions

• If application is slow, which tier of the application is responsible.   1 Answer

Poor impression of the interviewers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied through Naukri.com and then received a call for basic details...My resume was forwarded for shortlisting...I got shortlisted and was called for interview... Had a test of 50 quest in 12 mins...was very simple...This test is mandatory for all positions...immediately after that had an interview which lasted around 20-25 mins...Interview too was normal...nothing unexpected...some requirement gathering related questions and some scenarios as to how to deal with client...

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

It was good hiring process, though there are many rounds of interview before a selection. The decision is not taken timely, very delayed in communicating back to the candidates. No senior management takes responsibility in communicating back. Even if the HR tells that one is selected, then the same HR will come back next day to schedule another round of interview. There were 9 rounds of interview before the final formal offer letter was delivered. The time taken was more than a month before the closure

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate hard, they can also by pass the system to go ahead and offer you the best

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

The hiring process for freshers is simple, starting with a rapid test round to test your basic mathematics, english language and response to stress and deadlines. Clearing this is above the cut off is mandatory, This is followed by a technical round where your role is briefly explained and you grasp,understanding and communication skill carry weight. Generally this is followed by an offer of employment.