Altisource

Updated Nov 18, 2014

82 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource in November 2014.

The interview process was a two-step process. The first was a test and the second was a PI which was completed on the same day. The written part is divided in a psychometric test and subject matter expertise test which was pretty standard. the interview was also quite okay given I was asked questions both from my area of expertise as well as my personal goals.
    The hiring managers were quite clear about the timelines of the completion of the process but the recruiters did not adhere to it.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource in November 2014.

A call came from the hr and my interview was scheduled. The interview was late by 15 just coz the security didn't allow candidates to take in our phones. In the end the security gave up and we were allowed in.

The first round was aptitude. 50 questions in 10 min. This round was very simple and anyone who has a descent puzzle solving capability and verbal skills can clear it.

The second round was f2f interview. This round also was very simple. He just asked basic questions on java and data structure. This interview lasted for almost half an hour.

Feeling confident of my performance I was waiting in the office for my next round, but to my shock I was told to leave and the hr would get back to us. On the way down I met the hr and asked when I can expect the call. He asked me for my company name and said that might be the reason why you are not selected. When I asked him further he told me that they were looking for candidates from product based companies first and if they don't find any capable candidate's in time they would definitely try for service based and I may get a call.

When they really don't want people from service based why did I even get a call?

Interview Questions
    • tell us about the yourself and the projects that you have worked on   Answer Question
    • different scope of variables in java   Answer Question
    • how do you define a static class and some more questions elated to static   Answer Question
    • explain the struts framework and it's mvc architecture   Answer Question
    • what are the different joins available in SQL. explain in detail   Answer Question
    • puzzle: there are 2 cans of size 4 liter and 7 liter. how can you get 2 litters of milk from it.   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource in November 2014.

Hiring Process is:

1. First one written test mostly simple logical questions and some english check like its and it's are they same, different etc
    2. Second round is with the Sr. Solution Architect
    3. Third round is with Directory followed by HR

Now, they had called just too many people for too many positions and after the test I had to wait for more than 2 hours. Then they apologized and said they will reschedule it next week. Then nothing happened.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altisource in September 2014.

got call from placement consultancy, attended 4 rounds, fifth round is pending.
    1st round: written test, 50 questions(aptitude, basic mathematics, language proficiency,50 questions, 12 min)
    2nd round: English language proficiency test over automated testing system)
    3rd round: attribute matching with expectations of employer to what you actually have.
    4th round: basic HR interview

IT Service Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Altisource in September 2014.

It's been very unprofessional on part of hiring team. I was called up by the HR and interview was scheduled with a manager. It was rescheduled next day and then on the final schedule no one called me. HR got back to me 3 hours later telling me that my phone no. was incorrect in the resume and she will reschedule it next week which never happened. The strange part was my incorrect phone no. caused no issue with the HR while calling me 4 times after she shortlisted me but it gave hard time to the manager. I even took an off from my current office to make sure the interview doesn't cause issues to my office work but yes, It was totally a chaos and I must say professionalism expected from HRs if not then hiring managers.

Business Analyst Interview

aptitude round is the first round consist of logical and verbal reasing , then it look some one hour then later some english related ques and answer that is for 30 minutes

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Altisource in August 2014.

There are three rounds. 1st is aptitude in which 50 question asked to solve within 12 minutes. After this puzzles round that contains 5 puzzles with 90 min. Then interview would be. All rounds are elimination round. In interview simply prepare with puzzles, sql and resume.

Interview Questions
    • simply from sql , asked about normalization, join, delete in details and one puzzles.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource.

Typical.. Aptitude test, HR round, Ops round.. the offered were fixed, can't be negotiated... even if one has more than four yrs of experience, they still offered a meagre 190000 ctc.

non negotiable ctc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource in July 2014.

I applied for the opening with Business Analyst role at Altisource 2 weeks ago.

First round was analytical and logical questioning round. 50 questions to be attempted in 12 min. The accuracy and speed was tested. I cleared the round but due to tie break in the marks, I was asked to attempt the same set of questions again with the competitors. I have crossed that test as well. Most of the elimination was in the first round. Many of the candidates appeared (around 20+) and only 3 were short listed for the next round.

Second round: Psychometric round- A self assessment sheet having set of questions about office culture in which yo work and what will be expected out of a candidate in general. (this is not an elimination round but wit the way you answer, you will be evaluated in the HR Round)

Third round: HR Discussion. It was a telephonic round and they asked questions about the current role, package expected and readiness to work on shift basis. Since I was not aware and ready for a noon shift, I asked for a day shift. But the Interviewer was stubborn that if I am not ready for the shift, they will not proceed further.

This lead me to drop the further rounds. As per my knowledge the next round was technical round for SQL and MS EXCEL. If you are confident and prepared with basics and communication skills, it is not a tough interview to clear.
    All the best!

Interview Questions
    • First round was bit challenging as most of the questions were tricky and logical based. Once i got into a tie break, I was expecting another set of questions. But the same set of questions were provided which made the candidates in check-mate situation. As, we cannot be sure as our previous attempts were right or wrong (unless we are super confident!). This was an unexpected situation but smart work will always pays u a way.   Answer Question

The role was associated with a noon shift basis work timing.

Operations Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource in July 2014.

I was called on 25th July,2014 for the position of Operations Analyst. First Round: 50 questions in 12 minutes. The cutoff was around 40 i guess. I was selected among the 7 candidates. Second Round: 90min Puzzle Round. 5 puzzles, not very difficult. Waiting for the results.