Altisource

69 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Altisource.

Interview Details – The hiring process for freshers is simple, starting with a rapid test round to test your basic mathematics, english language and response to stress and deadlines. Clearing this is above the cut off is mandatory, This is followed by a technical round where your role is briefly explained and you grasp,understanding and communication skill carry weight. Generally this is followed by an offer of employment.

Interview Question – Specifics terms of the mortgage industry   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Altisource.

Interview Details – Telephonic first round, after that face to face 3 rounds.
Of these 2 rounds were technical with questions on java, j2ee, servlets, sql.

Final round interviewer was a Director, and i was surprised that he himself did not know answers to the questions he was asking. Was reading from a piece of paper! He mentioned he was head of web development group, but when asked about how many users requests his web application handled, he was clueless and was offended.

Interview Question – How does sorting help in search?   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Tech Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview Process handled by HR was very bad and disgusting. The HR were not able to handle 50-70 candidate and there were almost 6-7 HR's. My interview was scheduled at 12:00 AM. I reached at the venue (Ecospace) at 11:45 noon They kept us waiting for almost 40 minutes in a conference room and to the surprise there was a aptitude test just to keep us busy and it was just for formality. My first round f2f(technical) happened at 5:00 PM after a wait of 4 hours after written test. There was no lunch provided by them, we need to pay and eat. The technical interviewer was not worried about what is your experience in your Resume and asked questions which they are confident upon. Below are the questions.

I rate the overall process of interview conducted and there Java/J2EE panel as 1.0 out of 5.0.

Interview Questions

• 1. what type of collection we can use to store XML object Map, Set or ArrayList and why?   View Answer
  • 2. What is the other way to instantiate a bean by Spring container other than Dependency Injection?   View Answer
  • what is the difference between JavaScript and Java? What type of language is JavaScript?   View Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Interview Details – Its so good and decent , they are not take a interview for proving there knowledge . all are decent question , daily faced issue's in server side

Interview Question – puzzle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its really hard to negotiate with them. but they paid well

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer

I interviewed at Altisource in May 2010.

Interview Details – Written test, followed by 3 rounds of interview

Negotiation Details – I was a fresher, and hence no negotiation

Analyst, Credit and Income Underwriting Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altisource in August 2012.

Interview Details – Brief interview with recruiter, several Personality Test/Wonderlic Test
You have to take a WPT - SAT type questions - and score a certain number to be considered. Nerve wracking but basic enough (obviously I passed)

4 rounds
1st Personal round. Just plain HR question. What do you do? Strength and shortcomings. What can you do for the company?
WPT test
2nd Managerial interview and the senior manager was absent
3rd Director
4th HR for salary negotiation

Interview Question – The panel presented two "puzzles" or brain teasers that they required you to diagram a solution for. The teasers were in no way related to any standard business analysis methodology but they believe the teasers are the best method to evaluate analytical thinking ability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at Altisource

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds of interview. the first round was analytical with 50 questions. Simple and straightforward. 2 round was an hR round. the base questions of about urself, previous experince, etc. 3 round was technical. question regarding finance and business analysts roles and responsibilities. uestion regarding finance and business analysts roles and responsibilities. uestion regarding finance and business analysts roles and responsibilities.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Senior Software Architect Interview

Senior Software Architect
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Altisource.

Interview Details – Telephonic interview was straight forward. After that called for aptitude type written test.

The technical interviewers are clueless, they will ask pre rehearsed bookish questions, and don't bother to read your resume.

Was made to wait for 3 hours, after which one heavy guy who said was Senior Software Architect walked in and before finishing introductions asks me to write two programs, and upon finishing said it was not correct. When i asked him to help me with correct solution, he refused.

Next one panel was there with a director too, and i decided then i will never join this place. Director along with one more person was actually reading from a printed paper and asking questions. If this is the level of interviewer it is sad. He was more interested in showing how good he was, than discovering anything about me. I was not impressed.

Interview Question – How will you face a situation in a tight timeline project?
Are you comfortable doing multitasking
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Very poor impression of the interviewers.

SSE Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Altisource in January 2014.

Interview Details – Very Slow interviewing Process.Recruitment team was good but interview panel was Super slow. Took a day to take 3 rounds.Extremely Extremely Slow.
If you are from tier-1 College Please don't waste time with the company.

Interview Question – two arrays with both positive and negative integers.
find a pair one element from each array so that sum is closest to zero.
  Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Altisource in February 2012.

Interview Details – aptitude test-personal interview/technical interview

Interview Question – aspirant should be inclined towards contribution to the organization; puzzles; generic case studies; decision making   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – salary structure was pretty rigid and also LOW.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Altisource

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altisource interview questions and advice in India. All 69 interview reviews posted anonymously by Altisource employees and interview candidates.