Altisource Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Altisource.

I recently interviewed with Altisource twice and found the entire process to be extremely unorganized and not very applicant friendly.

I rarely received replies to the positions I had applied for, yet was called for positions where the recruiter changed the job title three times. After weeks of endless back and forth confusion and an interview where the hiring manager spent 90% of the interview talking about the company and his department, and upon learning later that the hiring manager obtained his job via the recruiter buddy-system, I was told that they wanted to keep looking.

The interview feedback was non-existent and management was very reluctant to provide it. Needless to say that I give Altisource an "F" in how it treats candidates in its hiring process. Perhaps if they spent a bit more time in treating people fairly than tooting their own "rapid growth" and too big to fail consultant horns, perhaps they might just be a reputable company.

Asset Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Altisource in June 2014.

Completed two interviews and was offered the position. However, I was told that I must pass background, credit screen and employment references. I am not concerned about anything except credit. With the real estate market taking a turn for the worst, I have suffered as a result and so has my credit. I am hoping that it is not held against me.

All Positions! Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Altisource in January 2011.

Prior to Interview, there is testing including job match/personality type test and a basic timed test with logic and math problems, many people fail this test and are not hired. Interview process includes the same questions for each candidate for a specific job, which are posed and probed by a different interviewer - there are usually a minimum of 2 interviewers, one may be on the phone. There is usually a brain twister type question to see if you can reason/think on your feet. Interview included industry specific questions to gauge experience levels.

Interview Questions
    • The brain teaser, they differ every time. I had some trouble with it! Goal is to witness your deductive reasoning capability, style, etc.   Answer Question
    I was told a flat salary and was stupidly so happy to get a job I accepted without negotiation. Don't do that!

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altisource.

Very nice experience at first. Recruiter and manager were extremely friendly and honest about job description. Process only took two weeks, but then after onsite interview too about a week for recruiter to get back to me. I was upfront about salary expectations and they still proceeded with interview but then when the offer came it was extremely low so I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Very general questions about why I'm interested in the role.   View Answer

Salary was too low

Relationship Specialist-REO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Altisource.

First contacted by recruiter on the phone, second phone interview with hiring manager, set-up 3rd interview with on-site Team Lead along with phone conference with VP, then an additional phone interview with SVP since this person was unavailable twice for a phone. conference. I was contacted 2-3 weeks later (really!?) saying they wanted to make an offer, but never heard back after that! Extremely daunting, long drawn out process, that left me with a bad taste in my mouth about this company. Completely unorganized & unprofessional. If that offer ever did come in I would not take it. I was able to be contacted, interview, and accept a job offer while I was waiting for this company to give me any kind of feedback. I don't see myself working for such an unprofessional company. No thanks!

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Altisource.

Very intense!! There's the Wonder-lick and then another test. There was two phone interviews and a face to face. Interview was about two to three hours. The interview questions were not really related to my position.

Interview Questions
    Make sure everything is writing as far as negotiating.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Was recruited via LinkedIn and conducted a Phone Interview. The recruiter stated that he was going to call me back to set up a time to speak with the Manager and also send me an assessment to complete. Received the email and completed the assessment, but never heard back from recruiter. I sent 2 emails to the recruiter and never heard back from him. I'm a recruiter as well and I never fail to return a candidates call or email. Left me with a negative impression of their customer service.

Research Associate – Quantitative Research Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Altisource.

One phone interview

Director, Venture Strategy/Portfolio Acceleration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Altisource.

(1) Phone screen
    (2) Online personality test
    (3) 1-on-1 interviews
    (4) Written test
    (5) Panel interview

Interview Questions
    • All were fairly standard, but I had not been informed about the written test.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altisource in January 2014.

Strange process. Emphasis placed on wonderlic test and personality test. Hard to get a feel for the job and to have a good open conversation about my skills as the questions are strictly based from personality test. I walked out thinking this person doesn't really know my skills or abilities.

Interview Questions
    • Off the wall question at the end about weights? Just random. The point is to show how you arrive at the answer.   Answer Question

Worked for Altisource? Contribute to the Community!