Altisource Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Altisource in March 2015.

Bunch of Amateurs, running the interview process. Dont know what the requirement is. All the reviews by Altisource ex-employees sound Legit, now that I have seen the hiring process.

Auditor, VMO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altisource in February 2015.

I was contacted by an HR person in Feb. 2015 two weeks later I had a phone interview with the manager. I was then flown in for a panel interview, 4 weeks after the initial HR call. My interview panel interview was March 11th and I never heard anything else from the company despite sending a thank you email.

The interview process is ridiculous. They require you to take test prior to the interview which has nothing to do with the job function or a person's capability of performing a job. After the test then you are asked a series of standard questions ending with a puzzle, which again is pointless

Interview Questions
    • If you have 8 billiard balls and only one is the lightest, what is the least amount of tries to determine the lighter ball?   Answer Question

Manager, Customer Service, Title & Settlement Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altisource in January 2015.

Very weird atmosphere and climate. Their elimination and slelction process leaves alot to be desired. Which maybe the reason for the high turnover rate and the elevated number of poor reviews. I knew upon entering the ofiices this was not a place I would like to work. My panel was poorly organized and executed...the brainiacs were so hellbent on confusing me they confused themselves. They over complicate the process and are picky; and seem to still choose wrong.

Vice President Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altisource.

Company uses a silly IQ test. These IQ tests are insulting and not in keeping with industry standards. Otherwise, the interview process was standard and productive. Utilize a lawyer to check all documents related to employment with Altisource to uncover anything hidden.

Interview Questions
    • There were some questions about my desire to work startup hours for a non-startup company. This should have been a clue.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altisource.

I recently interviewed with Altisource twice and found the entire process to be extremely unorganized and not very applicant friendly.

I rarely received replies to the positions I had applied for, yet was called for positions where the recruiter changed the job title three times. After weeks of endless back and forth confusion and an interview where the hiring manager spent 90% of the interview talking about the company and his department, and upon learning later that the hiring manager obtained his job via the recruiter buddy-system, I was told that they wanted to keep looking.

The interview feedback was non-existent and management was very reluctant to provide it. Needless to say that I give Altisource an "F" in how it treats candidates in its hiring process. Perhaps if they spent a bit more time in treating people fairly than tooting their own "rapid growth" and too big to fail consultant horns, perhaps they might just be a reputable company.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altisource in September 2014.

I submitted my resume and was contacted by a recruiter very quickly, I then had a phone interview with the hiring manager, after that I was brought in for a face-to-face interview. Before going in for the face-to-face I spoke to the recruiter again who told me I was the only one being considered and that the job was mine to lose. I had a fantastic interview with the hiring manager and was told that the next step would be a phone interview with the St Louis manager. I sent an email to the hiring manager and recruiter that evening and never heard back. I tried the recruiter again after I noticed the job reposted. I was not at all upset that they decided to go in another direction but I would like a little feedback on what went wrong. Again, I heard nothing back. At this point it has become very clear that this company is very unprofessional. I am happy that I found out now because I can only imagine how they treat their employees if they treat a candidate this way.

Interview Questions
    • Very casual interview. Not a lot asked of me. It was mainly the manager telling me what to expect when I started working there. They did have a "stress" test and I'm sure that's probably where I went wrong.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altisource.

Very nice experience at first. Recruiter and manager were extremely friendly and honest about job description. Process only took two weeks, but then after onsite interview too about a week for recruiter to get back to me. I was upfront about salary expectations and they still proceeded with interview but then when the offer came it was extremely low so I declined.

Interview Questions
    • Very general questions about why I'm interested in the role.   View Answer

Salary was too low

Relationship Specialist-REO Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altisource.

First contacted by recruiter on the phone, second phone interview with hiring manager, set-up 3rd interview with on-site Team Lead along with phone conference with VP, then an additional phone interview with SVP since this person was unavailable twice for a phone. conference. I was contacted 2-3 weeks later (really!?) saying they wanted to make an offer, but never heard back after that! Extremely daunting, long drawn out process, that left me with a bad taste in my mouth about this company. Completely unorganized & unprofessional. If that offer ever did come in I would not take it. I was able to be contacted, interview, and accept a job offer while I was waiting for this company to give me any kind of feedback. I don't see myself working for such an unprofessional company. No thanks!

Asset Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Altisource in June 2014.

Completed two interviews and was offered the position. However, I was told that I must pass background, credit screen and employment references. I am not concerned about anything except credit. With the real estate market taking a turn for the worst, I have suffered as a result and so has my credit. I am hoping that it is not held against me.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Altisource.

Very intense!! There's the Wonder-lick and then another test. There was two phone interviews and a face to face. Interview was about two to three hours. The interview questions were not really related to my position.

Interview Questions
    Make sure everything is writing as far as negotiating.