Altisource Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Asset Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Altisource in June 2014.

Interview

Completed two interviews and was offered the position. However, I was told that I must pass background, credit screen and employment references. I am not concerned about anything except credit. With the real estate market taking a turn for the worst, I have suffered as a result and so has my credit. I am hoping that it is not held against me.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

Very intense!! There's the Wonder-lick and then another test. There was two phone interviews and a face to face. Interview was about two to three hours. The interview questions were not really related to my position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure everything is writing as far as negotiating.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Technical Phone screening and in person technical interview. Phone screening was easy and check the breadth of the knowledge. Focused on what they are doing and how your skills match with their requirement. Through phone screen. In person interview with Architect, Product manager and Sr Developer. Panel wanted find if you are capable of analyzing the given problem and how you come to the conclusion with an answer. Also asked to write pseudo code. Panel was good and gave me hints to find the solution and asked me about alternate solutions that I can present.

Interview Questions

• Sorting a array of int with out using second loop.   Answer Question
    • Least number of attempts to find equal shaped 8 balls out of which 7 weigh same and 1 is a different weight.   Answer Question
    • How to find sum of a value in a tree nodes.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

One phone interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Altisource (Boston, MA).

Interview

(1) Phone screen (2) Online personality test (3) 1-on-1 interviews (4) Written test (5) Panel interview

Interview Questions

• All were fairly standard, but I had not been informed about the written test.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altisource (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Was recruited via LinkedIn and conducted a Phone Interview. The recruiter stated that he was going to call me back to set up a time to speak with the Manager and also send me an assessment to complete. Received the email and completed the assessment, but never heard back from recruiter. I sent 2 emails to the recruiter and never heard back from him. I'm a recruiter as well and I never fail to return a candidates call or email. Left me with a negative impression of their customer service.

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource in January 2014.

Interview

Strange process. Emphasis placed on wonderlic test and personality test. Hard to get a feel for the job and to have a good open conversation about my skills as the questions are strictly based from personality test. I walked out thinking this person doesn't really know my skills or abilities.

Interview Questions

• Off the wall question at the end about weights? Just random. The point is to show how you arrive at the answer.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource.

Interview

The interview process began with a review and discussion of my resume's professional and educational experiences with what would be my direct report. Following that I was placed on a phone call to a different supervisor. Once that phone call was over, there was a third portion of the interview that was with my direct supervisor and a different manager. I was offered at the end of the interview and accepted, which then began the wait for Altisource to approve the paperwork to approve my contract.

Interview Questions

• Because I was being hired as a contracted employee there wasn't a difficult or unexpected question. The interview was very straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Interview

Brief interview with recruiter, several Personality Test/Wonderlic Test, Phone Interview (from manager in India). Very hard to understand the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read, what did you learn from it, and how did you apply it to your current position?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altisource (Boston, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very cumbersome and confusing process with poor scheduling and coordination

Interview Questions

• Specific questions on a particular type of development   Answer Question