Altisource

Updated Nov 18, 2014

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altisource in March 2013.

I applied to a position that did not list the company but was through a recruiter. Did 2 phone screens with the recruiter who then forwarded me to the company. It took about 2 weeks for the company recruiter to contact me and ask for a 1 hour in person interview. Their office is in a temporary location in the Prudential complex. It looked very iffy - but they explained they were just starting this location. I was brought to a completely empty office where I talked to the recruiter about basics. He then wanted to give a SAT type test where you had 10 minutes to do it. I'm still not certain if they were really grading the test or if it had a different purpose (ie to see how you think under pressure). The recruiter then asked for me to - surprise surprise talk to the hiring manager a little bit. He just asked for my background a bit and explained their objectives. The following week they asked for another in person interview with 3 of their personnel - 2 product folks and their president. This was scheduled for 2 hours. They asked for me to explain my career step by step and failures and successes. This took about an hour with minimal questions. They then asked a brain teaser question, again to see how you think.
    Curiously they didn't ask product management specific questions such as how you would approach defining some new product or what framework you would use, etc... After the interview I didn't hear back.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altisource in March 2013.

Phone interviewed by an Indian guy and a Chinese lady. Inperson interview came about 3 weeks later. The group consists of 3 Chinese and 3 Indians and the leader of the group was an Indian with a heavy accent. Had a hard time understanding what he was saying. The interview questions were most behavioral, but some of them were annoying, such as "describe your biggest failure". Not a nice interview experience overall.

Control Function Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Altisource in January 2013.

intelligence test unannounced and not for everyone

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altisource in October 2012.

Two interviews combined with two tests that were to gauge "intelligence." Interviews were combination of sales pitches and inbox tests.

Interview Questions
    • Employee scheduled for 8am, shows up at 10, and asks payroll in another office to clock them in at 8. How do you handle this?   View Answer

HR:EE ratio was abysmal and counter evidence that they valued HR. Also, not comfortable with HR Director management style or business model.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altisource in July 2012.

A phone interview followed by an on-site interview

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Altisource in April 2012.

Multi-stage selection process involving initial personality screening, one-on-one phone interview with hiring manager, additional testing and an experience-based panel interview. Rigorous process, but turnaround (from initial identification to offer) is much faster than most other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser questions during the panel interview. White board or verbal responses needed to solve; some panel member coaching.   View Answer
    If presented with an offer, take no longer than 24 hours to decide to either accept or decline. If you have other opportunities you're pursuing, move them for a decision quickly.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Altisource in March 2012.

1. Initial online personality screening
    2. Timed online technical aptitude test at the Atlanta HQ
    3. Panel interview with 1 BA, 2 Product Managers

The panel presented two "puzzles" or brain teasers that they required you to diagram a solution for. The teasers were in no way related to any standard business analysis methodology but they believe the teasers are the best method to evaluate analytical thinking ability.

Interview Questions
    • The teasers were the most unexpected part of the interview.   Answer Question

Residential Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altisource in February 2012.

Getting hired was no problem but ever trying to get promoted is a nightmare!

Interview Questions
    • They place 100% of their hiring on the Wonderlic Test. If you fail it you will not be offered a position. Even if Bill Gates himself wanted to work for this company and didnt pass his initial test it would be a no go   Answer Question
    standard no negotiating

All Positions! Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Altisource in January 2011.

Prior to Interview, there is testing including job match/personality type test and a basic timed test with logic and math problems, many people fail this test and are not hired. Interview process includes the same questions for each candidate for a specific job, which are posed and probed by a different interviewer - there are usually a minimum of 2 interviewers, one may be on the phone. There is usually a brain twister type question to see if you can reason/think on your feet. Interview included industry specific questions to gauge experience levels.

Interview Questions
    • The brain teaser, they differ every time. I had some trouble with it! Goal is to witness your deductive reasoning capability, style, etc.   Answer Question
    I was told a flat salary and was stupidly so happy to get a job I accepted without negotiation. Don't do that!

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altisource in November 2014.

The interview process was a two-step process. The first was a test and the second was a PI which was completed on the same day. The written part is divided in a psychometric test and subject matter expertise test which was pretty standard. the interview was also quite okay given I was asked questions both from my area of expertise as well as my personal goals.
    The hiring managers were quite clear about the timelines of the completion of the process but the recruiters did not adhere to it.