Altisource

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Altisource in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two interviews combined with two tests that were to gauge "intelligence." Interviews were combination of sales pitches and inbox tests.

Interview Question – Employee scheduled for 8am, shows up at 10, and asks payroll in another office to clock them in at 8. How do you handle this?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – HR:EE ratio was abysmal and counter evidence that they valued HR. Also, not comfortable with HR Director management style or business model.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Quantitative Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altisource in July 2012.

Interview Details – A phone interview followed by an on-site interview

Interview Question – Difficult puzzle question   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Altisource in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1. Initial online personality screening
2. Timed online technical aptitude test at the Atlanta HQ
3. Panel interview with 1 BA, 2 Product Managers

The panel presented two "puzzles" or brain teasers that they required you to diagram a solution for. The teasers were in no way related to any standard business analysis methodology but they believe the teasers are the best method to evaluate analytical thinking ability.

Interview Question – The teasers were the most unexpected part of the interview.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Altisource.

Interview Details – Typical.. Aptitude test, HR round, Ops round.. the offered were fixed, can't be negotiated... even if one has more than four yrs of experience, they still offered a meagre 190000 ctc.

Interview Question – They were all too basic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable ctc.

Senior Software Architect Interview

Senior Software Architect
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Altisource.

Interview Details – Phone interview, Written Test, followed by face to face interview. Written test was qualitative, and personality tests.

First face to face interview with an architect, questions on application performance, scaling. Not too difficult.

Second round with Director of web group. Very disappointing. He was confused, and asked irrelevant questions.

Overall came back with negative impression of the entire process.

Interview Question – If application is slow, which tier of the application is responsible.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Poor impression of the interviewers

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Altisource in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through Naukri.com and then received a call for basic details...My resume was forwarded for shortlisting...I got shortlisted and was called for interview... Had a test of 50 quest in 12 mins...was very simple...This test is mandatory for all positions...immediately after that had an interview which lasted around 20-25 mins...Interview too was normal...nothing unexpected...some requirement gathering related questions and some scenarios as to how to deal with client...

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected..   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I interviewed at Altisource in April 2014.

Interview Details – HR recruitment very unorganized

Interview Question – None, but HR processing for new hires has no direction, very confusing, and puts everyone in catch 22, requiring submission of documents that can only be acquired if THEY provide other documents... which they refuse to release.   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Junior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Altisource.

Interview Details – The hiring process for freshers is simple, starting with a rapid test round to test your basic mathematics, english language and response to stress and deadlines. Clearing this is above the cut off is mandatory, This is followed by a technical round where your role is briefly explained and you grasp,understanding and communication skill carry weight. Generally this is followed by an offer of employment.

Interview Question – Specifics terms of the mortgage industry   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Altisource.

Interview Details – Telephonic first round, after that face to face 3 rounds.
Of these 2 rounds were technical with questions on java, j2ee, servlets, sql.

Final round interviewer was a Director, and i was surprised that he himself did not know answers to the questions he was asking. Was reading from a piece of paper! He mentioned he was head of web development group, but when asked about how many users requests his web application handled, he was clueless and was offended.

Interview Question – How does sorting help in search?   Answer Question

Tech Lead Interview

Tech Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Altisource in March 2014.

Interview Details – Interview Process handled by HR was very bad and disgusting. The HR were not able to handle 50-70 candidate and there were almost 6-7 HR's. My interview was scheduled at 12:00 AM. I reached at the venue (Ecospace) at 11:45 noon They kept us waiting for almost 40 minutes in a conference room and to the surprise there was a aptitude test just to keep us busy and it was just for formality. My first round f2f(technical) happened at 5:00 PM after a wait of 4 hours after written test. There was no lunch provided by them, we need to pay and eat. The technical interviewer was not worried about what is your experience in your Resume and asked questions which they are confident upon. Below are the questions.

I rate the overall process of interview conducted and there Java/J2EE panel as 1.0 out of 5.0.

Interview Questions

• 1. what type of collection we can use to store XML object Map, Set or ArrayList and why?   View Answer
  • 2. What is the other way to instantiate a bean by Spring container other than Dependency Injection?   View Answer
  • what is the difference between JavaScript and Java? What type of language is JavaScript?   View Answer