Altisource Labs Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

3.2

Senior Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource Labs (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

there were two phone screens and one on site interview with hiring manager and project manager. Didn't get any follow up after the onsite interview. I might not fit for the position but I find it very unprofessional overall to not provide an update.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource Labs (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

IQ test is a little rigorous. Have to answer 50 questions in about 12 minutes. I didn't know I would be taking this and so I had to put my all, but come prepared. Interview, included discussing some of my school projects and how these relate to the position. Numerous behavioral questions also

Interview Questions

• If you find a defect in one of the applications you are testing, what would you do first?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource Labs.

Interview

Lengthy process. Phone screen, personality and cognitive tests, then in-person interviews. The team is nice. Candidates for technical jobs have to pass a skill test as well. And even though it wasn't too long, I know people were waiting for an offer from Altisource for over a month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Altisource Labs.

Interview

Take an online personality test. At the interview, you have 12 minutes to take a 50 question intelligence test. Nothing to really prepare for. Multiple group interviews with people of different positions in the company. Anything you have on your resume, even the smallest mention of, be sure you can explain in a bit of detail. Technical questions related to projects you have worked on. Questions switch between behavior and technical. Might have to explain something and draw diagrams or speak about the latest advancements in software, etc. No coding questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource Labs (Boston, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

This took about a week to do. These people have been after me for the past 2-3 years. The whole process was about 2 weeks. The HR recruiter from out of state contacted me, and I had a good phone screen with her. I then got a quick technical phone screen from a senior developer, and that was good enough to get me in the door. As has been said before, they have a SAT type prep test, which is like a personality test, and that was fine. I then had to take the real test which was 50 questions in 15 minutes, on average people answer about 40+ questions, but few people get them all. After that, then I met with the project manager, a senior backend person and a senior UI person. They asked me a couple of technical questions which I completely choked on. Just so you know, I have 25 years of overall experience, and 15 years in Java, and so I expected the usual Java trivia javadoc questions, but that wasn't it. They asked me questions about JQuery and the UI, but I told them I hadn't done that in about 4 years. I think it is a shame that they passed on me with all the experience I have. There is no doubt I could do the job, but this is what they like to do .... gang up on people and make them squirm. They have need for lots of people, but are only hurting their reputation. I am sure other project managers don't make their people go through these hoops.

Interview Questions

• Combine two sorted lists of integers into one sorted list. There are three different ways this can be done, and you can look it up on the net. There is add both arrays to one array with addAll and then sort it. But they want the mergeSort answer. Find it print it out, and then memorize it. The second question is given 3.45 x 100 to get 345, what is the minimum coin amoint you need. I screwed up because I could remember which one was division and which one was modulo. I finally recoverd and remembered that module gives you the remainer of the division.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Interview

I was approached by multiple recruiters for a position. The process was very quick. I had an interview with the hiring manager and then a second round with a panel of interviewers. They have s standard process of personality test and IQ test. They also asked about specific challenges and how they were solved and gave me a puzzle question.

Interview Questions

• What was the best and worst career achievement/ failure and why.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource Labs in October 2014.

Interview

I had phone interviews with several different managers before actually getting called in for an in person interview. I felt like I kept getting passed on to different managers so the process was disorganized. The people were nice but they have you take an assessment that has nothing to do whatsoever with the position you apply for.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult questions, manager did not follow a structured interview process it was more conversational. Also, I was told I would get a call for a second interview but then ended up finding out I was not the right fit.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altisource Labs.

Interview

Probably one of the worst interview experiences I have had. I work and have worked in the recruitment space for a long time, agency and corporate, and have never experienced such disregard. I received a call from an internal recruiter who was very eager to set me up with an in person interview, rather than speaking about a potential fit. I was all prepared to speak with the company, had an itinerary of who I would be speaking with. A day later I was sent a PI test, which I have taken multiple times before and even reviewed the findings of the test personally. Needless to say, I know exactly how the process works. I had even taken one a month ago, never an issue. I also received an email letting me know that I would also need to take a wonderlic, and wouldreceive an email shortly to help me prepare for another personality test I would need to take on-site. This email was never sent. I received an email 30 min before I was supposed to depart for their office, letting me know there was an issue with the PI test and they would not be moving forward. First off, don't set up in person interviews without understanding the needs of both sides. After such a disrespectful experience, and a thanks, but no thanks, it's no surprise this company has rebranded just to have the same complaints. Take it for what it's worth, but every "positive" review for this company is one worded nonsense that explains nothing about their experiences. Furthermore, when a review has limited wording, yet there is "no complaints," shows this could be employees being asked to write reviews to help boost their brand, which other people reviewing this company have also stated in the past. Look at all the negative reviews, how detailed. Same story all the way around. . . Terrible leadership, long hours with no work life balance, and zero career progression, because they constantly deal with the communication struggles of onshore/offshore teams. Typical company looking at the bottom line, quantity over quality. It's no surprise that they try to automate the recruitment process because they deal with huge rates of attrition. I would never recommend anyone to this company and would be very skeptical even working with this company as a third party. Very disappointed, do your research, as much as they want to act like Glassdoor and other review sites are not legitimate, let's be real.

Interview Questions

• Was not really asked much. Was more so told about the company and set up for an in person interview.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Altisource Labs (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Phase I: Several weeks after you express interest, you will be contacted via email. Keep good records of where you respond to req's because you might not even remember their name after three or four weeks. In my case, it was six weeks and an internal recruiter from the wrong city contacted me. Phase II: Silly little checkbox screening/filtering questions over the telephone. As another reviewer has described, you don't get the sense that they are really listening, just following a script. Phase III: The online personality index test. This typifies what is wrong with current day recruiting. Even if the tests were useful, they are interpreted by people that aren't qualified. You have to get out from behind your desk to work with people, even in information technology and recruiting; you can't automate this process without losing allot of very good people. Phase IV: Cursory interview with a manager. Do you know the buzzwords? Can you discuss your experience without being critical of something or someone else? Phase V: Onsite visit and MORE testing, followed by interviews. Phase VI: Wait.... wait... wait... If you take the time to check out the recruiter(s), for a sensitive senior role, you may see that they are only several months out of college.

Interview Questions

• Describe your overall qualifications.   1 Answer

I believe that the recruiting process is often symptomatic of dysfunction in the broader organization.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Altisource Labs (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was almost exactly as I would have expected for a company that's trying to assemble the best possible people possible. After the recruiter and manager phone screen, I was able to meet with various members of the team I was about to join, and each person had their own interview style. In between the initial phone screen and the on-site there were 2 assessments. One was the Wonderlic and the other was a personality survey. The process was run smoothly and once I took the assessments, the team quickly pivoted to talking to me and I was also able to learn more about the team and my role.

Negotiation

The offer was competitive out of the gate. Good base salary with an interesting performance based bonus that could make up 20% plus.