Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Altisource
- Business Analyst (10)
- Operations Analyst (7)
- Software Engineer (6)
- Senior Manager (5)
- Associate (5)
- Junior Software Engineer (3)
- Senior Software Developer (3)
- Senior Business Analyst (3)
- Quantitative Analyst (3)
- Human Resources Generalist (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Product Manager (3)
- Practice Manager (2)
- Vice President (2)
- Manager (2)
- Tech Lead (2)
- Product Architect (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Specialist (2)
- Human Resources Executive (2)
- Senior Associate (2)
- Assistant Manager (2)
- Senior Software Architect (2)
- SSE (2)
- Operation Analyst (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (1)
- Management (1)
- Team Leader (1)
- Java Developer (1)
- Lead (1)
2 people found this helpful
Product Architect Interview
The process took 3 days – interviewed at Altisource in September 2010.
Started with a phone screening. The person on the other side was intelligent. He asked good probing questions to guage my depth in my areas of work.
Got a call for a face to face after the screening.
Had 2 tech rounds on the first day of face to face. The first was too academic. Bookish Java questions around collections, serialization etc. Bookish design pattern questions (what is abstract factory?). The second was a very good tech round. Tested my knowledge, understanding and application of various aspects of architecture (data modelling, designing for performance, usability, interoperability concepts).
The second day of face to face again had 2 rounds. The first was with a director. Very intelligent guy. He gave me a open ended product design question and wanted to check how I can empathise with the end user (a must have for an Architect in my opinion). A few technical questions related to usability and performance were there as well. The last round was with the VP. Again a very smart guy. Asked what my biggest challenge was and how I solved it. He then put a spin on it by asking how I'd solve a website performance problem (something similar to what I had described as my challenge) at high load (e.g a web page taking long to load because of too many comments caused by the article being popular).
The last round was a HR round which was basically a discussion on my salary expectation,time to join etc.
- How would you design the database of cricinfo.com? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Altisource
Product Architect InterviewApplication Details
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Altisource in December 2008.Interview Details
Aptitude test,Hr, Technical and Manager's interviewInterview Questions
Negotiation DetailsThey matched what I was getting from a big product development company and I accepted the offer.Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
- Asked my last project and my roles and responsibility. How we handled security, scalability, performance etc. There were couple fo what if questions which include if the requirement were different or choice of technology were different. There was a real life problem of Altisource at that time and asked to solve it within a stipulated time and asked the rationals behind the design and why it is good engineering choice View Answer