Altisource Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Altisource in September 2013.

The hiring process started with an initial phone screen going over the basics, walkthrough of resume, some product management questions, and then an invite to the office for an in person interview.
The in-person interview starts with the Wonderlic Test. Google it if you don't know what it is. But basically it's an 8th grade level verbal and math comprehension test. If you can read and do basic math you're fine.
Then three people come in and they will explain there are three parts to the interview:
1. A walkthrough of your resume
2. A set of standard questions they will ask you
3. A puzzle quiz to determine your thought process and problem solving skills.

For the walk through they seemed more interested in what wasn't on the resume as if they were trying to catch me in a lie or I determine that I was trying to hide something. With almost 20 years of experience listing early jobs unrelated to the current position seems irrelevant and would only serve to create a very long resume but that seemed to be the focus. So be prepared to defend every word on your resume.

Then you'll move onto the next part. The questions they'll ask are:
1. Tell us about a time you had to implement a corporate initiative that wasn't aligned with your departmental goals. What did you do, what was the outcome.
2. Tell us about a time you had to build a relationship with someone. What did you do, what was the outcome.
3. At some point we are all given ambiguous directions or instructions. Tell us about a time you were given ambiguous directions or instructions. What did you do, what was the outcome.
4. Tell us about your greatest success.
5. Tell us about your greatest failure.

The final part of the interview is a puzzle. The question I was asked was; "There are 8 balls, one of which is slightly lighter than the others. You have a balance, how do you find the lighter ball?" The answer is to weigh three balls on each side first. If they balance then you weigh the two you didn't initially weigh. If they don't balance they you weigh two from the side that was lighter. You can get to the answer weighing only twice.

They will help out with suggestions if you really get stuck but my advice is to just keep trying to work through it and keep trying different options and don't give up on whatever quiz they give you. Also Google quiz interview questions or get a book with those questions. My guess is that they will choose one that has a definitive answer, not like 'how many phone booths are there in New York' because they'll want you to get to one right answer. But I could be wrong.

Interview Questions
  • "There are 8 balls, one of which is slightly lighter than the others. You have a balance, how do you find the lighter ball?"   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Altisource

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altisource in March 2013.

I applied to a position that did not list the company but was through a recruiter. Did 2 phone screens with the recruiter who then forwarded me to the company. It took about 2 weeks for the company recruiter to contact me and ask for a 1 hour in person interview. Their office is in a temporary location in the Prudential complex. It looked very iffy - but they explained they were just starting this location. I was brought to a completely empty office where I talked to the recruiter about basics. He then wanted to give a SAT type test where you had 10 minutes to do it. I'm still not certain if they were really grading the test or if it had a different purpose (ie to see how you think under pressure). The recruiter then asked for me to - surprise surprise talk to the hiring manager a little bit. He just asked for my background a bit and explained their objectives. The following week they asked for another in person interview with 3 of their personnel - 2 product folks and their president. This was scheduled for 2 hours. They asked for me to explain my career step by step and failures and successes. This took about an hour with minimal questions. They then asked a brain teaser question, again to see how you think.
    Curiously they didn't ask product management specific questions such as how you would approach defining some new product or what framework you would use, etc... After the interview I didn't hear back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Altisource in April 2012.

Multi-stage selection process involving initial personality screening, one-on-one phone interview with hiring manager, additional testing and an experience-based panel interview. Rigorous process, but turnaround (from initial identification to offer) is much faster than most other companies.

Interview Questions
    • Brain teaser questions during the panel interview. White board or verbal responses needed to solve; some panel member coaching.   View Answer
    If presented with an offer, take no longer than 24 hours to decide to either accept or decline. If you have other opportunities you're pursuing, move them for a decision quickly.