Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Altisource
- Business Analyst (12)
- Operations Analyst (7)
- Associate (6)
- Software Engineer (6)
- Senior Manager (5)
- Senior Business Analyst (4)
- Human Resources Generalist (3)
- Senior Product Manager (3)
- Senior Software Developer (3)
- Junior Software Engineer (3)
- Manager (3)
- Quantitative Analyst (3)
- Product Manager (3)
- Human Resources Executive (2)
- Tech Lead (2)
- Senior Manager IT (2)
- Practice Manager (2)
- Vice President (2)
- Junior Technical Service Engineer (2)
- SSE (2)
- Operation Analyst (2)
- Business Operations Manager (2)
- Product Architect (2)
- Project Manager (2)
- Specialist (2)
- Quality Manager (1)
- Senior Software Architect (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst (1)
- Senior Java Developer (1)
- Senior Associate (1)
Software Engineer Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days – interviewed at Altisource (Boston, MA) in April 2013.
A recruiter setup the interview. I had an initial 30 minute phone screen with an HR representative. Immediately after the phone screen I took a personality test (PI) online. That same day the recruiter contacted me to setup 1.5 hour in-person interview. This was scheduled for the following week. The first part of the in-person interview was a 12 minute 50 question Wonderlic test. After that I went to a different room and had about a one hour interview with three individuals at the same time. They only seemed to care about whether I knew the technologies they were working with. They did not care about any of my past experiences. They came across as very condescending. When I left I had made up my mind I would not want to work here regardless of any offer.
- They asked me to do a merge sort. This is really the last thing I expected for the position I was interviewing for. It took me about 15 minutes and afterwords I realized I did not handle one case (they did not point this out, I realized it after the fact). The reality is I would have done better on this question if I was a recent college grad. This is a fairly easy problem that I would easily complete with 100% correctness in a work environment in a reasonable amount of time (develop, implement and tested in under an hour). I could possibly see spending time on these types of questions in a longer interview. Or if I was interviewing for a software developer position. But in a 1 hour interview for a software architect this is what they focus on? What about focusing on architecture experience? For example, how about asking about how I solved architectural problems in any of the past systems I worked on? Or ask architecture related questions? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Altisource
Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. The process took a week – interviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in July 2013.
Intially they call for face to face interview. 1st round is of aptitude and reasoning test. 2nd round is technical and ask in depth question on core java , projects and java advance technologies like spring and hibernate. After clearing that you have to face manager round that was to check your development skills. Finally HR round.
- Change your current developed project scenarios to make it more efficient . 1 Answer
It was smooth They have given what you will ask.
Software Engineer Interview
Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days – interviewed at Altisource.
12 mins - 50 questions written round.
Couple of HR rounds - Basic communication etc.
1/2 Technical rounds. Along with a manager round.
- They tend to ask puzzles. Mostly for support they ask for app servers, web servers knowledge along with DB - SQL/Oracle. Java knowledge and Shell scripting is an advantage. Answer Question
Pretty straightforward. Submit documents. Offer letter.
Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in March 2010.
Initial round of interview is same even for directors. A written interview with around 60 question and time given is 10/15 minutes. Once that is cleared next round will be face to face interview on technical skill. There can be more than one interview session with different panel. Once that is over you are almost there. Next salary negotiation and HR interview. For my case HR interview happened before tech interview.
- Nothing is difficult for the right candidate. There will questions basically on real experience and nothing tricky question which can be collected in the net freely. Answer Question
I got more than my expectation. They are good and give surprises some times. I got an offer of 50000 as bonus above my package.
Software Engineer InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Altisource (Bangalore (India)) in December 2009.
1 aptitude writeen followed by 2 rounds of technical interview and 1 round with VP
Yes. Ask a little above your expectation. They are definite to negotiate for less
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review