Altman Vilandrie & Company Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated May 5, 2015

3.4

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent in a cover letter and resume through an employee connection, had a brief intro call with the Intern hiring manager, and then proceeded to have a first round phone interview. The first round consisted of 2 phone interviews, which were 45 minutes long, part behavioral and mostly case interview. The final round was in the office, and was two 45 minute behavioral/case interviews again. In general, the cases were fairly straightforward. They were always about the TMT industry, but still S&O cases.

Interview Questions

• Case: A network provider is launching a new product in a developing country. How do you go about advising them on where/how to launch it?   1 Answer

Experienced Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Employee referral, phone screen with hiring manager, phone interview with one interviewer, second round in office with two interviewers, final round in office with three interviewers. The whole process took about 5 weeks, which was excruciatingly long given that I was in the area looking to start immediately, and they were looking to employ immediately. Six case interviews in total. No behavioral/fit questions beyond "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work here," which was slightly unnerving after so many cases. All six cases were focused on Telecom, Media, and Technology. Everyone I met was very nice and professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2012.

Interview

I learned about the firm from a campus career fair. I applied through campus recruiting. For the first round, I had 2, 30min. 1:1 on-campus interview. For the second round, it was a superday at their offices in Boston with 3, 45min. - 1hr. cases and 1, 45min. fit interview. Each interview during the superday had 2 people from the firm.

Interview Questions

• A lot of telecom-related cases such as how to sell internet services to small businesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

On-campus recruiting led to a first round interview and successful completion led to an in-office final round interview. Final round had 4 cases and lunch included. Cases were on a variety of technology and energy questions and markets.

Interview Questions

• The cases were fairly standard and the personality questions were within consulting norms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Had an initial on campus interview with two cases and a four case interview at their office. more quantitative than most cases, frameworks seemed to be less important.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Campus recruiting had 1:1 interviews that were case-based; met with 2 people (VP level and consultant/analyst level). Fairly straightforward cases with tech/telecom focus; interviewers helped to walk you through it.

Invited for superday at their Boston HQ. 1 behavioral interview with short case and then 3 cases. Most cases not hard, though you did need to think about them. I think the hardest thing was endurance--4 case interviews is a lot! Each one took approx. 40 minutes and they were back-to-back, so by the last one I was pretty tired.

Interview Questions

• What is the market size of cloud-based data storage systems?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screening interview to begin, then a more in depth interview with to associates a few days later. Very involved process. If you use Case Interview.com or any of those other books/websites, it won't work. Thats more for Bain, McKinsey etc. They know exactly what they're looking for in their answers. If you are a math major you're in good shape.

Interview Questions

• What is the trajectory of people using Cloud computing from ages 18-65   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a headhunter about the position. I interviewed with HR first in a 45 min interview. She asked the basic questions about walking through resume and what I was looking for. Having passed that stage she set up a case interview with a consultant on their team. The case interview lasted about 1 hour. The first 20 min the interviewer talked about the firm and job. That took up about 20 min. As a result, I felt rushed during the case. It was about a telecom issue with international implications. How to expand the business. Choice of target markets, buy or build infrastructure topics were all discussed. I launched right into my solution. This was my mistake. I should have spent more time asking clarifying questions. The topic and case itself were quite easy. I learned from the process to be more thoughtful and deliberate in doing case interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about advising a company on where to put their resources in order to achieve a goal of more revenue.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

First round was on-campus with two senior managers in the company. Both were 30 min interviews with a business case and some fit. One case was highly quantitative and other was qualitative.
    I was invited for second round to their Boston office. very flexible in accomodating schedule etc. 4 45 min 1:1 interviews with company partners. ppl were extremely engaging, friendly and I enjoyed my conversations with them thoroughly@!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company (Boston, MA) in October 2010.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen, which was a pretty simple case with a small quant component (calculating customer value). I passed this, then went to the second- and third-round combo day, during which I think I was a little too relaxed. Altman is a very type-A company, and they look for that kind of personality.