Altman Vilandrie & Company

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in September 2012.

Interview Details – On-campus recruiting led to a first round interview and successful completion led to an in-office final round interview. Final round had 4 cases and lunch included. Cases were on a variety of technology and energy questions and markets.

Interview Question – The cases were fairly standard and the personality questions were within consulting norms.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in October 2013.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviewing. First round consisted of two in person interviews on campus, both case based. Both cases were quantitative and asked to develop and/or analyze graphs. Second round was at the San Francisco Office. One behavioral and three case interviews. Interviewers were very friendly and helpful. Final round seemed relatively informal compared to other firms, in a good way.

Interview Question – What would be an effective strategy to retain clients for a telecom provider who only use telephone and not internet?   Answer Question

Consultant

Interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company

Interview Details – Had a first round interview - 2 parts. Each 30 minutes with a fit part and a case part. The first interview was a stress interview so the interviewer purposefully tried to fluster me. The first case was about high tech market sizing and the second about a charity business model.

Interview Question – What is the market for smartboards in the US   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company.

Interview Details – Went through recruiting at my university. First did resume drop, then received on-campus interview. The interview was split into two parts: behavioral and then case interview. For each part, you met with a different interviewer. The behavioral interview included common questions like walk me through your resume, why av&co, etc. The case interview was also not too complex, but definitely more quantitive than some other case interviews I have gone through.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in technology and where do you think the future of technology is moving towards?   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in January 2011.

Interview Details – First round was on-campus with two senior managers in the company. Both were 30 min interviews with a business case and some fit. One case was highly quantitative and other was qualitative.
I was invited for second round to their Boston office. very flexible in accomodating schedule etc. 4 45 min 1:1 interviews with company partners. ppl were extremely engaging, friendly and I enjoyed my conversations with them thoroughly@!

Interview Question – Some business cases...   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in October 2012.

Interview Details – I learned about the firm from a campus career fair. I applied through campus recruiting. For the first round, I had 2, 30min. 1:1 on-campus interview. For the second round, it was a superday at their offices in Boston with 3, 45min. - 1hr. cases and 1, 45min. fit interview. Each interview during the superday had 2 people from the firm.

Interview Question – A lot of telecom-related cases such as how to sell internet services to small businesses.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in February 2012.

Interview Details – Two rounds of case Interviews. Each round had two interviews each. They lasted for roughly 30-45 minutes each. They included personality questions. Overall Altman Vilandrie & Co is very helpful during the interview process and help you prepare so that you know what you are going into. Everyone seems to like working there , sports seems to be very important to their company culture.

Interview Question – Calculating the probability of winning at the craps table.   View Answer

Boston, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in October 2011.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview to begin, then a more in depth interview with to associates a few days later. Very involved process. If you use Case Interview.com or any of those other books/websites, it won't work. Thats more for Bain, McKinsey etc. They know exactly what they're looking for in their answers. If you are a math major you're in good shape.

Interview Question – What is the trajectory of people using Cloud computing from ages 18-65   View Answer

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in October 2011.

Interview Details – Campus recruiting had 1:1 interviews that were case-based; met with 2 people (VP level and consultant/analyst level). Fairly straightforward cases with tech/telecom focus; interviewers helped to walk you through it.

Invited for superday at their Boston HQ. 1 behavioral interview with short case and then 3 cases. Most cases not hard, though you did need to think about them. I think the hardest thing was endurance--4 case interviews is a lot! Each one took approx. 40 minutes and they were back-to-back, so by the last one I was pretty tired.

Interview Question – What is the market size of cloud-based data storage systems?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altman Vilandrie & Company in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had an initial on campus interview with two cases and a four case interview at their office. more quantitative than most cases, frameworks seemed to be less important.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you led a group   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Altman Vilandrie & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altman Vilandrie & Company interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Altman Vilandrie & Company employees and interview candidates.