Altria Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

3.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altria (Dallas, TX).

Interview

-college recruiters come, you have first round interviews with one or two other people
-if they like you, you are scheduled for an interview the following day. For this interview, you must arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of time in order to study the case material they give you. At the end of the 30 minutes, you present the case study and a sales/business recommendation to a group (for me, two people). Within the week, I received a call about a final interview.

-the final interview is "A Day In the Field" where you actually shadow a territory sales manager for a day. They show you how to analyze sales data, and then slowly let you do more and more of the analysis and presenting as the day continues.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process is very thorough with three total interviews. The first interview consisted solely of behavioral questions and situational questions. Following the first interview, I was called in for a second interview that was a case interview centered on developing a sales pitch. The third and final "interview" is an on-site office visit where you get to work with a Territory Sales Manager.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

Really responsive and helpful during interview process.

Interview Questions

• Prepare yourself to be grilled in your interview!! Go in confident and don't let tough questions throw you off your game.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, and it was a very smooth process. I had two on campus interviews, then I went on a ride-along type interview where I basically shadowed one of their TSMs (territory sales managers) for an entire day. That was more of a selling point for them as to why altria, rather than an interview for me.

Interview Questions

• They had me read a packet and make a pitch to them as to why to buy a certain product.   Answer Question

I declined simply because I saw that I wasn't really interested in Tobacco sales.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria (Oakland, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. the most difficult part is the second round where you have to analyze a case study and show your findings to a panel of interviewers. Then you partake in a mock conversation with a store owner who is not selling enough of your product. Lastly, you are asked some more behavorial questions, like name a time when you were on a team that struggled. Explain what happened and what you learned from it, or something to that effect.

Intern Interview

Interview

campus event. 2nd round interview

Interview Questions

• make sure you arrive early, 30 mins before my actual interview i was given a case study to review and analyze.   Answer Question

offer from somewhere else

Intern Interview

Interview

Met with recruiters at on-campus job fair, got a call back, went through interview process from there.

Interview Questions

• How could we more effectively reach out to college-aged students?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria (Miami, FL) in February 2013.

Interview

3 interviews. First two are behavioral. Last interview is a "Day in the Field" where you follow a sales manager, see what they do, try your hand at selling, and they will evaluate you.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in the tobacco industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Because it was an internship, I did not negotiate any of the fine details.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altria (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

First you had to submit your application, get accepted to the first interview (based on the STAR behavioral method), then the second interview (also based on the STAR method). After the second interview if they invite you to the day in the field, they believe you are a good fit and you basically decide from there. You don't really get to pick where your internship is.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about selling tobacco products?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

Recruited on campus, got through first round, interviewed by panel, did not get asked for third round