Altria Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2014

3.4

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Altria.

Really responsive and helpful during interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare yourself to be grilled in your interview!! Go in confident and don't let tough questions throw you off your game.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, and it was a very smooth process. I had two on campus interviews, then I went on a ride-along type interview where I basically shadowed one of their TSMs (territory sales managers) for an entire day. That was more of a selling point for them as to why altria, rather than an interview for me.

Interview Questions
    • They had me read a packet and make a pitch to them as to why to buy a certain product.   Answer Question

I declined simply because I saw that I wasn't really interested in Tobacco sales.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altria in February 2014.

3 rounds of interviews. the most difficult part is the second round where you have to analyze a case study and show your findings to a panel of interviewers. Then you partake in a mock conversation with a store owner who is not selling enough of your product. Lastly, you are asked some more behavorial questions, like name a time when you were on a team that struggled. Explain what happened and what you learned from it, or something to that effect.

campus event. 2nd round interview

Interview Questions
    • make sure you arrive early, 30 mins before my actual interview i was given a case study to review and analyze.   Answer Question

offer from somewhere else

Intern Interview

Met with recruiters at on-campus job fair, got a call back, went through interview process from there.

Interview Questions
    • How could we more effectively reach out to college-aged students?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Altria in February 2013.

3 interviews. First two are behavioral. Last interview is a "Day in the Field" where you follow a sales manager, see what they do, try your hand at selling, and they will evaluate you.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about working in the tobacco industry?   Answer Question
    Because it was an internship, I did not negotiate any of the fine details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Altria in February 2013.

First you had to submit your application, get accepted to the first interview (based on the STAR behavioral method), then the second interview (also based on the STAR method). After the second interview if they invite you to the day in the field, they believe you are a good fit and you basically decide from there. You don't really get to pick where your internship is.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about selling tobacco products?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altria.

Recruited on campus, got through first round, interviewed by panel, did not get asked for third round

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Altria in October 2012.

Found through university career fair, applied and was contacted almost immediately. Had a first round two-on-one interview on campus (mostly behavioral, then discussion about company) and two weeks later went out to Richmond HQ for final round. This was a round of interviews with Managers, mostly behavioral but some "Tell me about a time..." type questions. Also had a tour and a Q&A session. 3-4 weeks later got a call with the offer.

Interview Questions
    No salary negotiation, but there is some room for negotiation in terms of relocation package.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Altria in March 2012.

Three rounds of interviews. First round was with one recruiter which was pretty informal, all fit questions just to make sure I was who my application said I was. Second round was more comprehensive. Took about 45mins-1 hour and was with three managers over the phone since I wasn't close to Richmond. All fit questions. Did well enough to procure a 3rd round interview which was also more fit questions and was much more difficult. They asked a few things I wasn't prepared for. Ultimately didn't receive an offer because they said they were going with someone with more experience in procurement.

Interview Questions
    • "What kind of goals have you set for yourself in this semester"   Answer Question

Worked for Altria? Contribute to the Community!