Altria Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Altria (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Screening interview, Behavioral questions, Case study, Day in the field. The first interview was an informal screening process that asked general behavioral questions. The second part of the process included a panel interview with a case study and written questions behavioral questions. The final step of the interview was a day in the field with a territory sales manager and unit manager to get a better hands on feel for the day to day job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to convince a group of people?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Altria in May 2015.

Interview

Found out about the company through a friend who loved his time there as an intern. Went to a career fair to meet some of the recruiters. Very positive event. 2 weeks later was scheduled for an initial interview for the position in my home state. Found out 2 weeks later that I would move on to the panel interview. This was actually a little tough but still achievable. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks so I reached out to the office assistant who told me that someone was supposed to reach out to me last week to schedule the final portion of the interview. 3 weeks later I went on my ride along and felt I did very well. It's been a week and haven't heard anything.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

Better be prepared to answer behavioral questions in the STAR format. The interview process is very difficult and takes a long time. During the panel interview, you are asked to roll play. During the roll play the managers in the room challenge you and ask several redundant questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

Three phases: Introductory, panel, job tryout Intro phases was very easy, common interview questions and a few behavioral Panel was a bit more challening--you need to make a sales pitch Job tryout is a day in the field

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Recruiter, phone interview, panel interview at HQ. Both test your understanding of current brands and are opinion-based. Panel is only two or three people, but very high up so rather intimidating. Know the market well. Make sure to ask them questions.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Altria in February 2015.

Interview

3 Interview Process. First one was asking questions about previous positions and your resume along with some hypotheticals, ask some questions at the end. Second one was a case interview, the people were very comfortable to be around. Third was a Day in the Field where you go out and do some of the TSM roles, try developing a strategy and pitching it to the retailer. I was anxious before each interview, but the interviewers are all very nice people and comfortable to be around. Just relax when you're in there and show your people, analytical, and organizational skills. Also show your passion for the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to track and analyze data.   Answer Question

Business Unit Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria (Franklin Park, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Multiple interviews all onthe same day. Not to nerve racking. Lots of questions about your experince, you know your resume so you will be fine. Behavior style interview so have relavant examples prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria (Springfield, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

I was called the day after I sent in my resume. After a 5 minute phone conversation, I was invited to interview with 2 managers. That same week I went to my first interview. I was called within 2 hours and was invited to a second interview. The following week I drove 3 hours one way to meet the same 2 managers and the regional manager. I was told if I was going to move onto the next step (a ride along) I would be called in 2 days. Otherwise, I'd receive an email. I got an email almost 3 weeks later stating I was not chosen to move on.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with management. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Park, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria (University Park, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

First round: Behavioral-based and resume Second round: Case-based then behavioral-based/ resume again Overall this part was not too difficult and the case appeared more intense than it was. The interviewer talked me through the case and I was able to pick up on things I missed on my own. This part was basically just used to see how well you can work through a problem.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness? Describe a time when you worked in a team to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Corporate Communications (Temp) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altria (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was called for a phone screening and then we set up a time for an in person panel interview. Both went great. One of the interviewers after the interview told that was an amazing interview and that I did a stand up job.