Altria

Average Difficulty
190 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Territory Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Altria in November 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted a on-line application the Territory Manager position on 9/13, got email in October for Telephone interview. We had set it up for a certain time but because Talent Manager had other compromises it was changed two more times. She talked real fast which made me nervous but was professional. She did state that answers need to be based on SOARS or STARS. I did not feel comfortable but it was my first time.

Interview Question – The Talent Manager who had worked herself up to Unit Manager asked me. What would you tell your retail account if you had agreed to a marketing promotion but later find out that Altria Management had changed the terms on that very day of the agreement.
I kind of felt this question was a Policy question that is known only to Altria, but then I guess they want to know how you would of handled it with your previous company.
  View Answers (2)

Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Altria in November 2013.

Interview Details – Altria came and recruited heavily at my college campus. I met a multitude of Altria employees at our Career Fair, and through subsequent interviews.

Interview Question – There was a small business case where you tried to sell coffee and increase a stores coffee inventory, and used numbers and analytics in the case to justify position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, since salary and benefits are second to none. Their offer was 40% more than the average salary of a business student at my school.

Intern Interview

Intern
Miami, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Altria in February 2013.

Interview Details – 3 interviews. First two are behavioral. Last interview is a "Day in the Field" where you follow a sales manager, see what they do, try your hand at selling, and they will evaluate you.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working in the tobacco industry?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because it was an internship, I did not negotiate any of the fine details.

TSM Interview

TSM

Interview Details – 3 interviews including a day in the field

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Very Difficult Interview

Territory Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Altria in June 2013.

Interview Details – After the phone screening there are two or three panel interviews. All depends on the hiring manager. During the second interview there will be a skills and personality test. The day in the field is next to see how you handle the job.

Interview Question – If you were CEO what would you do to boost sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no need for negotiation. The offer was fantastic.

Undergraduate Sales Intern Interview

Undergraduate Sales Intern

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altria in November 2013.

Interview Details – I began initial communication with a student ambassador who had interned with Altria and received their full time offer. I then met with a TSM who i was able to ask more questions about the position and get to know a little better what they are looking for. I submitted my resume through career services at my university and received a first round interview.

The first round was basic interview questions using the STAR method with two altria employees. Fairly difficult but typical questions. Ex: when was a time you displayed leadership, when did you analyze data what did you learn?

I found out the same day if I had made it to the next round by a phone call after interviews had ended. the second round was the following morning. This was a panel interview with 4 altria employees. You were given a case when you arrived at the interview and then they gave you 30 minutes by yourself to come up with a strategy and presentation. The case was fairly basic but the time restraint was a challenge. The interviewers asked many questions about the case and from what i can tell they were trying to gauge how sure I was in my decisions. After the case questions there were more STAR method questions. The second part felt more laid back and this round in total took about an hour and a half. I found out a week later that I had made it to the last round.

The last round is a day in the field and its more of an opportunity to see if the job is the right fit for you. I spent 4 hours with a TSM and followed them through their daily routine. The day was pretty laid back and I got to ask questions i wouldn't feel comfortable asking in a typical interview setting. I received my offer the following week.

Interview Question – What was a time you analyzed a large set of data, how did you approach the situation and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay and benefits weren't negotiable, you may have flexibility in your territory.

Interviewed at Altria

Interview Details – Was called after resume submission and was invited to a panel interview.

Interview Question – When did you have to use data to explain the pros and cons of a situation to a client?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altria.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Panel Interview with 3 people where they gave me a case study to analyze for 30 minutes and then I had to present my findings and do a role play exercise to sell them on my theory, and lastly was an in-field observation.

Interview Question – Basic Behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Sales Intern

Interviewed at Altria

Interview Details – Applied through college website and got an interview. They have two files to record your answers. Two interviewers at the first round.

Interview Question – You sold about 500 million products to someone with the promise of free-return. However, your company has new policy "no return". Now your client wants to return products, what will you do?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Altria

Interview Details – Met with 2 interviewees and answered a series of behavioral questions and questions about my resume. The first interview lasted around 45 minutes. Was told I would hear back about a second interview later that day, but never heard anything

Interview Question – Tell about a time you had to analyze data   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Altria