Altria

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.4

Internship Interview

Behavioral interview, really awful I was uncomfortable and it had nothing to do with the job at all. These questions were ridiculous. "tell me a time you were creative." I suggest you have a better attitude than mine by the time I was done talking to these people I didn't even want the job.

Interview Questions
    • "describe a time when you had a problem with someone you worked with"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied through campus recruiting, and it was a very smooth process. I had two on campus interviews, then I went on a ride-along type interview where I basically shadowed one of their TSMs (territory sales managers) for an entire day. That was more of a selling point for them as to why altria, rather than an interview for me.

Interview Questions
    • They had me read a packet and make a pitch to them as to why to buy a certain product.   Answer Question

I declined simply because I saw that I wasn't really interested in Tobacco sales.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2014.

The interview process is extremely easy in my opinion. You have two sets of interviews and then a day in the field. The first interview is a panel interview with a couple of company representatives that ask you some basic behavioral questions and about your experience.

This is followed by another panel interview where you will be asked to sell something and basically demonstrate your sales abilities. Personally for me it was very simple, however I can imagine it can be a bit difficult if you have trouble interacting with others and poor analytical skills. Then just some more behavioral questions and they'll ask if you have a problem with selling tobacco.

Last one is a day in the field where they basically try to sell you on the idea of Altria and tell you how great it is, basically be yourself and be confident. If you just do that you'll get an offer.

Interview Questions

Wasn't sure it was for me, because the work seemed a bit boring plus I had other offers.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2014.

3 rounds of interviews. the most difficult part is the second round where you have to analyze a case study and show your findings to a panel of interviewers. Then you partake in a mock conversation with a store owner who is not selling enough of your product. Lastly, you are asked some more behavorial questions, like name a time when you were on a team that struggled. Explain what happened and what you learned from it, or something to that effect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2014.

Started off with a basic phone screen. Then an interview with a group of managers. The following step was a day out in the field riding with a manger.

Interview Questions
    • During the day in the field there were a lot of questions about what you would do or how you would change things the current TSM is doing. It was a very interesting process. For the 2nd interview, you are given 30 minutes to prepare a sales plan for a consumer product. It's a tough process.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2014.

Standardized "HR" type questions in first two of three interview steps (2-phone, 3rd;last - in person). Third interview step was in person; very technical - really enjoyes getting to meet potential collegues. Great place to work; fantastic facilities and equipment for research - just not doing much research.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to choose between hiring someone most qualified and someone who was not so qualified but met a certian demographic - how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Scope of research oppoprtunities outside "routine" work seems very limited.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altria in February 2014.

After meeting with the representatives at a job fair I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview that was suppose to be 20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • If you were owned a shoe company how would you advertise your shoes.   Answer Question

TSM Interview

3 interviews including a day in the field

No negotiating

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Was called after resume submission and was invited to a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to use data to explain the pros and cons of a situation to a client?   Answer Question

TSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Altria in December 2013.

Applied over a month ago had my second interview still waiting to see if they are going to move forward. It took three weeks inbetween the first and the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • They have you do a case study and they asked you to do a sales pitch to the customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation