Altria

Updated Nov 13, 2014

3.3

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2014.

Standardized "HR" type questions in first two of three interview steps (2-phone, 3rd;last - in person). Third interview step was in person; very technical - really enjoyes getting to meet potential collegues. Great place to work; fantastic facilities and equipment for research - just not doing much research.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to choose between hiring someone most qualified and someone who was not so qualified but met a certian demographic - how did you handle this?   Answer Question

Scope of research oppoprtunities outside "routine" work seems very limited.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altria in February 2014.

After meeting with the representatives at a job fair I was contacted by email to schedule a phone interview that was suppose to be 20 minutes

Interview Questions
    • If you were owned a shoe company how would you advertise your shoes.   Answer Question

TSM Interview

3 interviews including a day in the field

No negotiating

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Was called after resume submission and was invited to a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • When did you have to use data to explain the pros and cons of a situation to a client?   Answer Question

TSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Altria in December 2013.

Applied over a month ago had my second interview still waiting to see if they are going to move forward. It took three weeks inbetween the first and the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • They have you do a case study and they asked you to do a sales pitch to the customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Territory Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria.

Phone Interview, Panel Interview with 3 people where they gave me a case study to analyze for 30 minutes and then I had to present my findings and do a role play exercise to sell them on my theory, and lastly was an in-field observation.

Sales Intern Interview

Applied through college website and got an interview. They have two files to record your answers. Two interviewers at the first round.

Interview Questions
    • You sold about 500 million products to someone with the promise of free-return. However, your company has new policy "no return". Now your client wants to return products, what will you do?   Answer Question

Sales Internship Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altria in November 2013.

I submitted my resume during a job fair and received an email a couple weeks later when Altria representatives were coming to campus. I had a first round interview with two sales managers from Altria, followed by a second round three days later with a panel of three Altira reps. The interviews were fine, and the people were very friendly and answered my questions well. The final round interview is a "Day in the Field" where you are taken out by two territory sales managers on their daily rounds. It was really interesting, and you gain a lot of experience in just the 8-9 hours of the day. I received a call with my offer a few days after my "Day in the Field".

Interview Questions

I'm not looking for a sales internship. It was hard to turn down, though — the people were great and the job would have been a fantastic experience.

Sales Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altria in November 2013.

First a phone interview with recruiter, then a panel interview in Richmond at Altria with four managers of different departments. The interview was based on the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format. A month later, I got the automated email saying I was not selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altria in November 2013.

Altria came and recruited heavily at my college campus. I met a multitude of Altria employees at our Career Fair, and through subsequent interviews.

Interview Questions
    • There was a small business case where you tried to sell coffee and increase a stores coffee inventory, and used numbers and analytics in the case to justify position   Answer Question
    No negotiation, since salary and benefits are second to none. Their offer was 40% more than the average salary of a business student at my school.