Altria Sales Intern Interview Questions

3.1

Sales Intern Interview

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks for a position as a Sales Intern. Started with a phone interview, about a 30 minute interview with basic STAR format questions. Was asked back for a panel interview on campus with a few of their representatives. Was fairly intense and they provided a sales case to come up with on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in the tobacco industry?   Answer Question

Other Offer

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Altria's recruitment process was extremely thorough. They did a really god job on giving the candidate an experience that allowed you to understand what was going to occur in the future.

Interview Questions

• There was a business case that required you to sell a product on the spot, which is what made the process extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through college website and got an interview. They have two files to record your answers. Two interviewers at the first round.

Interview Questions

• You sold about 500 million products to someone with the promise of free-return. However, your company has new policy "no return". Now your client wants to return products, what will you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Altria (Columbia, MO).

Interview

There are basically 3 rounds of interviews You first have to make a good impression at a career fair or meet and greet to get your name out there so they will select you to interview with them 1st round: All behavioral questions using the STAR/SCAR method. All were pretty difficult and most were unexpected and hard to prepare for. 2nd round: You get 30min to look over a hypathetical case about a certain sales situation. You will be provided with a lot of sales data, pricing data, and demographic data. You have to be able to analyze all of the information and create a sales pitch in the 30 min they give you. You then are taken into a room with a panel of interviews and roll play the scenario for the first 20 min or so. Then they ask you about 3-4 more in depth behavioral questions not related to the case. 3rd round: This is a "Day in the Field" where they make sure you would be a good fit for the company. You also get the opportunity to see true insight into what you would be doing as an intern

Interview Questions

• Tell us time you developed a creative solution for something and then applied that same approach to a different situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Altria (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts. The first part is a general behavioral interview. The want you to walk them through problems and solutions in the situations you are asked to talk about. The second interview was with 2 managers. This involved more behavioral questions, but also role-play questions. Be prepared to be on your feet. The last interview is a "Day in the Field", you can see if you are good fit and they can see whether you are qualified or not.

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Altria in March 2013.

Interview

I knew quite a few people with the company, attended all their events on campus, and made it to the second round of interviews. I was very prepared and answered all the questions efficiently. During the first round it was a phone interview with two distract managers. They asked basic questions about your resume and one behavioral question and one situational question. Basically, making sure you are what your resume says. Round two is in person with 2-4 district maangers. It is about an hour and 15 min wrong. I would say your basic interview except at the end you are asked to role play how you would make an effective sale.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you analyzed date .. Know about sales pitch ..   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Lots of behavioral based questions, use the STAR technique! Make sure to look into the core values before entering an interview.

Interview Questions

• A situational question asking "what would you do if..."   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altria (East Mansfield, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Basically just behavioral questions. Key questions would be: - How do you feel about working for a Tobacco Company - Name a time when you failed, what your steps to success after? - What gets you excited in and out of the classroom? Very informal, more conversation than interrogation. Ask you what about Altria grabbed your attention and why you think you would be a good fit for the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Altria (Columbus, OH) in November 2011.

Interview

Submitted resume. Got first round one on one interview then was called for a panel interview the next day did not receive an offer.

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Altria.

Interview

I went in for the initial screening interview on campus and met with a couple gentlemen. Right away, I felt that egos were a little big in the room. I was first asked about certain resumes areas, and then I received behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Nobody is perfect and we all have improvements to make, tell me about a time when you became aware of a personal need for improvement, what steps you took to get better, and the resulting change.   Answer Question