Altria

Updated Nov 30, 2014

3.5

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria in May 2014.

1. 30 Minute interview- Behavior Questions. Use star method
2. Panel case Interview- Main interview
3. Day in the Field - as much to see if its right for you as it is them

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Sales Interview

First met with campus recruiter at job fair. Submitted resume and was asked to schedule an interview. Second had an interview with two territory sales managers. Was called that same night to schedule and interview for the next day with a panel. The second interview first had a written portion and then there was an interview with three Altria employees. I was then called back for a Day in the Field.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a situation and about a client, and how I would respond to the client in this situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria in April 2011.

Phone interview then interview with 2amagers

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a tobacco company?   View Answers (2)
    • What would you do if presented with a directive from your boss that you knew was in direct contrast with what your customers goals are?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altria in October 2010.

Altria preferenced me at my University based on my resume. the first interview was a 2 on 1. They asked behavioral questions and were just getting a feel for personality, articulation, and overall qualification for the job. Roughly 100 people interviewed on the first day, and 20 were chosen to return for the second day.

The second day consisted of meeting with a "greeter" who was in our Career Services office. She gave a booklet with 4 questions in it, and put me in a room by myself and gave me 20 minutes to complete the questions.

after the 20 minutes was up, a new employee retrieved me from the room, and walked me through the office into another room where 5 employees were seated. they were nice, but very thorough, and will sniff out any dishonesty or B.S. you will give. They will probe at your weak points where you ramble, and will do a behavior sample situation.

The whole situation was pretty unnerving, as I felt I was being interrogated rather than interviewed. I am still waiting to hear back. Although the interview went well, I would have to turn down the job based on what I saw in the interview and pursue other opportunities. I basically used the interview process as practice for future companies that were coming to campus in the future.

Interview Questions
    • it was a situational scenario where she read a page long real life situation. From there they asked me to analyze, explain, give feedback, and why i made my decision.   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria in April 2012.

Great company!

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation where you received feedback and how did you change your approach post feedback   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2010.

Met at career fair at school, and attended the information session. Was invited for a round 1 panel interview. Basic behavioral questions. Then was invited to a second round panel interview at the same location. The questions were more challenging. There was a role play scenario where I was asked to sell to one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to collect and analyze data and presented it to a goup of people.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altria in March 2009.

Two people interviewed me. One was a younger employee who had been working for Altria for 3 years, while the other was his mentor, someone who had worked there for over 20 years. It was all behavioral questions. Tell me a time you were in so and so situation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you parents feel about you interviewing for a company that sells a product that can be harmful?   Answer Question