Altria Sales Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

3.6

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria.

I met with a recruiter multiple times at 2-3 different job fairs at my school. I made sure to reach out through email and linkedin. I applied through my schools job network and was offered an on-campus interview.

The first interview was mostly behavioral questions with two reps, who asked I use the STAR method. Very basic questions and they seemed to like me very much.

I was invited for another campus interview the next day for a case study/role-play. They brought me into a room with a few page packet about a case study with coffee. you were told you would have 30 minutes to analyze the data and pitch to supermarket owner why they should sell your coffee at a lower price then the one they were already selling at (they were selling much above the average). They give you A LOT of information, sales data, and formulas.

When you come into the room there are 3 reps sitting there (2 from yesterday) and they are asking you how you came up with your data. BE SURE TO USE THE FORMULAS THEY GAVE YOU, and talk a lot about the calculations you made and how you got to them. Be sure to identify a clear approach as to how you will pitch it to the supermarket owner. they allow you use the notes you made and go through the packet as you talk to them, but not as you participate in the role-play. It is very easy to get tripped off because the rep acting as the supermarket owner is very persistent in his ways. They want to see how good of a negotiator you are and how you deal with clients.

Don't get too hooked on all the wording. Use the formulas and come up with numbers. Brush up on sales strategies and understand how to utilize sales data efficiently.

Interview Questions
  • What was your approach to getting SuperMarket to sell your coffee at a lower price.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria in May 2014.

1. 30 Minute interview- Behavior Questions. Use star method
    2. Panel case Interview- Main interview
    3. Day in the Field - as much to see if its right for you as it is them

Sales Interview

First met with campus recruiter at job fair. Submitted resume and was asked to schedule an interview. Second had an interview with two territory sales managers. Was called that same night to schedule and interview for the next day with a panel. The second interview first had a written portion and then there was an interview with three Altria employees. I was then called back for a Day in the Field.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a situation and about a client, and how I would respond to the client in this situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria in April 2011.

Phone interview then interview with 2amagers

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for a tobacco company?   View Answers (2)
    • What would you do if presented with a directive from your boss that you knew was in direct contrast with what your customers goals are?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Altria in October 2010.

Altria preferenced me at my University based on my resume. the first interview was a 2 on 1. They asked behavioral questions and were just getting a feel for personality, articulation, and overall qualification for the job. Roughly 100 people interviewed on the first day, and 20 were chosen to return for the second day.

The second day consisted of meeting with a "greeter" who was in our Career Services office. She gave a booklet with 4 questions in it, and put me in a room by myself and gave me 20 minutes to complete the questions.

after the 20 minutes was up, a new employee retrieved me from the room, and walked me through the office into another room where 5 employees were seated. they were nice, but very thorough, and will sniff out any dishonesty or B.S. you will give. They will probe at your weak points where you ramble, and will do a behavior sample situation.

The whole situation was pretty unnerving, as I felt I was being interrogated rather than interviewed. I am still waiting to hear back. Although the interview went well, I would have to turn down the job based on what I saw in the interview and pursue other opportunities. I basically used the interview process as practice for future companies that were coming to campus in the future.

Interview Questions
    • it was a situational scenario where she read a page long real life situation. From there they asked me to analyze, explain, give feedback, and why i made my decision.   View Answer

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria in April 2012.

Great company!

Interview Questions
    • What is a situation where you received feedback and how did you change your approach post feedback   Answer Question

Sales Interview

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2010.

Met at career fair at school, and attended the information session. Was invited for a round 1 panel interview. Basic behavioral questions. Then was invited to a second round panel interview at the same location. The questions were more challenging. There was a role play scenario where I was asked to sell to one of the interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to collect and analyze data and presented it to a goup of people.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altria in March 2009.

Two people interviewed me. One was a younger employee who had been working for Altria for 3 years, while the other was his mentor, someone who had worked there for over 20 years. It was all behavioral questions. Tell me a time you were in so and so situation.

Interview Questions
    • How do you parents feel about you interviewing for a company that sells a product that can be harmful?   Answer Question