Altria Summer Sales Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

3.5

Summer Sales Interview

very nice interviewer. She was friendly throughout the entire interview and very helpful in guiding me through the interview process. Know your STAR format. Good experience. Went to externship-amazing advice!

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Summer Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria in January 2015.

30 minute interview consisted pretty basic questions nothing that extremely caught me off guard. Was not really interested in the company and pretty much went to practice interviewing skills. Tobacco was not an industry I do not want to get involved in.

Interview Questions
    • They give you a situation of a customer who wants to return a product that you just sold them but you can't take them back because of a new company policy. Explain how you would handle the client   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria in October 2014.

Spoke with a recruiter at a University info session, completed the online application and then had a phone screening interview. Was invited to an in person interview with 2 Sales Managers. Interview was mostly behavioral in nature with a lot focused on how you work on your own and take initiative. Interviewers were very upfront about wanting to hear responses to their questions using the STAR format and were taking notes based upon that.

Interview Questions
    • What is an idea you had in one position you held that you carried over and enacted in another position?   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria in October 2014.

I talked with recruiters at my school's career fair and attended their info session. I submitted my resume and cover letter online. They contacted me about a week later for an interview. The first round was over the phone, reviewing my resume and asking behavioral/situational questions. The second round involved more behavioral questions and a sales case, where I had 30 minutes to analyze data then create a sales pitch.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions. They asked a lot of them and I had trouble coming up with examples. The sales case is data heavy - you have to be able to sort out the irrelevant vs. relevant data   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Altria in September 2013.

The first interview was a one on one interview. basically they ask you about yourself then tell you ways to prepare for the next interview. The second interview was two interviewers more personality questions. The third interview was a panel interview. they give you a business scenario and you have to analyze it and give them a business strategy about 30 minutes later.

Interview Questions
    • After giving me the packet which was on a coffee company they asked me how I would persuade the coffee owner to make a different business decision.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria.

It's a three step interview process, with the last step being an onsite introduction to the facilities. The interview process and questions asked are pretty standard. All behavioral questions. My first interview was with one employee and overall, it was straightforward. The second interview was with two employees and although they were very friendly, I got the feeling it was more of a pressured interview.

Interview Questions
    • Say you are an Apple employee and a Best Buy manager decides to feature a competitor's product instead of yours instore. What would you say to them to try to convince them to feature your product instead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Altria in November 2012.

Submitted through career website and interviewed at campus

Interview Questions
    • Given a sales forecasting case with three products: cigarettes, black & milds, and skoal tobacco. Asked to forecast sales plan   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altria in October 2012.

I got an interview with Altria, during a Leadership Institute with Thurgood Marshall College Fund. The people that work for Altria are very energetic, and love working for this great company. This made me excited about the opportunity of working for this company. There are three steps to this interview, 1:1 then you proceed to a group/panel interview, then lastly you get a day in the field where they see if you are a good fit with the job opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to collect various amounts of information to come up with a solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria in February 2010.

3 rounds one on one, panel, and day in the feild. Must pass urine drug test and background check

N.A

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altria in February 2010.

Initially I was preference listed by the company on my university's career services website, where I was subsequently given an interview on campus. I did the normal interview preparations (company history, structure, financials) and went into the interview feeling pretty good. I did agree to interview late with the company so they might have already chosen the candidates before I even interviewed. I think I was preference listed so quickly because they needed to reach a quota.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations or accomplished a goal.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you were under a lot of pressure and you surmounted this pressure.   Answer Question