Altria Summer Sales Interview Questions & Reviews

3.3

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbia, SC
Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altria in November 2012.

Submitted through career website and interviewed at campus

Interview Questions
  • Given a sales forecasting case with three products: cigarettes, black & milds, and skoal tobacco. Asked to forecast sales plan   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Summer Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Altria.

It's a three step interview process, with the last step being an onsite introduction to the facilities. The interview process and questions asked are pretty standard. All behavioral questions. My first interview was with one employee and overall, it was straightforward. The second interview was with two employees and although they were very friendly, I got the feeling it was more of a pressured interview.

Interview Questions
    • Say you are an Apple employee and a Best Buy manager decides to feature a competitor's product instead of yours instore. What would you say to them to try to convince them to feature your product instead?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Altria in October 2012.

I got an interview with Altria, during a Leadership Institute with Thurgood Marshall College Fund. The people that work for Altria are very energetic, and love working for this great company. This made me excited about the opportunity of working for this company. There are three steps to this interview, 1:1 then you proceed to a group/panel interview, then lastly you get a day in the field where they see if you are a good fit with the job opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to collect various amounts of information to come up with a solution   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altria in February 2010.

3 rounds one on one, panel, and day in the feild. Must pass urine drug test and background check

N.A

Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Altria in February 2010.

Initially I was preference listed by the company on my university's career services website, where I was subsequently given an interview on campus. I did the normal interview preparations (company history, structure, financials) and went into the interview feeling pretty good. I did agree to interview late with the company so they might have already chosen the candidates before I even interviewed. I think I was preference listed so quickly because they needed to reach a quota.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations or accomplished a goal.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you were under a lot of pressure and you surmounted this pressure.   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Altria in April 2009.

Before my initial interviews I went to a networking session where I got to meet a lot of people from the company including upper-level managers. It really showed me how dedicated they were to recruiting top talent. I had my first interview with a group of two employees. After they decided who would make it to the next round, they took those people to dinner where you got to talk to employees more about their daily work routine. Then the second round of interviews was held with a group of three employees that were all higher level managers. Then the final round of interviews consisted of a daily in the field where you got to do out and see what a typical day is like to see if you think you would like to do the job for the summer.

Summer Sales Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Altria in December 2009.

There were two behavioral type interviews on campus each lasting 30 minutes. For the third, and final, round interview it was a "Day in the Field" with another candidate and two sales managers. The day in the field involved driving around to different gas stations or retail outlets and restocking the cigarette and other products as well as displaying any new promotions or marketing efforts.

Interview Questions
    • During the final round interview, they asked for a lot of hands on tasks, including where we would position marketing/promotional signs which was unexpected?   Answer Question

Summer Sales Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Altria in February 2010.

Met with two reps on campus. Multiple interviews and questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Altria? Contribute to the Community!