Altria

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

TSM

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Altria.

Interview Details – 3 Stage Hiring Process with District Manger, If you are applying for a position you should be ready to relocate. This is the type of position best suited for recent college grads who may be more flexible to relocating for a sub-six figure position.

Interview Question – Case Study was awkward.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Hollywood, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Altria in December 2013.

Interview Details – Applied over a month ago had my second interview still waiting to see if they are going to move forward. It took three weeks inbetween the first and the second interview.

Interview Question – They have you do a case study and they asked you to do a sales pitch to the customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at Altria

Interview Details – 3 interviews including a day in the field

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Altria in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call back 2 weeks later from the Unit Manager. We had a 30 minute phone interview just introducing my background and experience. I was then invited to an interview with the Unit Manger and the District Manager which I drove 4 hours to get to and from. I was then invited to the 2nd round of interview where I drove a collective 7 hours to get to and from and interviewed with the Regional manager (it was supposed to be a panel interview). 45 min later I left and was told I should hear something by the end of the week. I never heard anything. I had another job I had to respond to so I reached out to everyone I interviewed with over the weekend. I was ignored and finally got a generic email on a sat. Never got reimbursed for travel and didn't get an offer. Awesome experience ha.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answers (2)

TSM

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Altria in January 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 3 person panel interview, day in field. Know the STAR format right off the gate. The phone interview is an hr long, questions asked after answers and trying to rattle your cage. Panel interview is the same, specific questions about times you demonstrated "teamwork" and "leadership". Day in the field is the last stage, eat a big breakfast! You basically do all the work while the tsm, unit manager, and DM watch over you like a psycho mother. Awkward for the retail manager and yourself.

Interview Question – Describe a time.... You were in a group project that altered its direction... A time you handled a chaotic week... A time you analyzed data outside of school... A time you lead a group... Why did you choose your school? What do you base your academic success on? Basically every stupid question about leadership, teamwork, and analytics. Sales pitch at the end of panel interview. No time to analyze, just focus on long term relationships and emphasizing our product is better.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Offer from a better company with better morals. Managers and TSM in the division lacked a personality.

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Altria in December 2012.

Interview Details – 1) Initial "cattle call" job fair with brief get to know couple of questions such as why do you want to work with us, why are you a good candidate, and your background/any questions for the interviewer bit.
2) Phone interview: tell us about yourself, situational questions (how did you handle so and so that was negative, we are thinking of changing this product -what are your thoughts and why), and a time where candidate can ask questions about the position, etc.
3) Face to face interview -was with 3 people (future mgr and 2 HR? folks -none gave business cards or contact information?). Bring resume's as they will ask for it. They ask why you are a superior candidate and again ask situational questions, how you handled so and so, why, and the outcome. They also asked to describe a time when you studied data and put the subsequent knowledge to use...even if you've not done this, construct something and have a story ready as they REALLY seem to want this.

My final thoughts are that it appears that they are looking for younger folks with little or no "sales" skills/background that they can mold, which is not necessarily a bad thing -but overlooking someone a little older and seasoned in how to act in a social situation and in what they say and how they say it is a big mistake.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you studied data and put the subsequent knowledge to use...even if you've not done this, construct something and have a story ready as they REALLY seem to want this.   Answer Question

TSM

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Altria in January 2010.

Interview Details – Screening interview, panel interview, in the field interview. Be very active with the in-field interview! They want to see you sell and like the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, they give you a salary work-up based on experience. Pay is great.

TSM

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Altria in February 2011.

Interview Details – Information session at a college--I thought it was just an "info session," where we could get to know about the company, but they were actually sizing you up and evaluating you. It was essentially the first interview. You didnt get a call back for an interview if you did not d well in the info session.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions--   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Altria

Worked for Altria? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Altria TSM interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Altria employees and interview candidates.