Altria Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015
Updated Mar 6, 2015

3.4

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Very technical/ situational questions. Star format. About an hour long interview, 3 different interviews. Very detailed answers are expected. Also have to answer a financial selling situation question. Expected to understand basics of cost/ profit & margin calculations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze and apply data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a base salary & I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Extensive interview process. The first interview was a phone interview with the district manager. It lasted around 45 min. We reviewed my resume, and he asked what I knew about Altria.

The next interview was with the unit and district manager. A quick review of the resume again followed by a series of STAR questions. The entire process lasted 45 min.

The third interview was a panel interview at the Regional HQ. You arrive and are immediately given sales data for a fictitious coffee company you have to develop a sales call designed to stimulate increased promotion and sales of the coffee to a grocery store manager. You then go to the interview room and role play your sales call with the 4 members of the panel. It's fun so enjoy it! After that another STAR question or two.

The final interview was a day in the field. I rode with the Unit Manager and was asked to present the products and work with the store employee's. This is an interview from the time you start until the end of the day. Once again enjoy it, it's fun.

Everyone I met during the interview process was friendly, helpful and professional. Just don't expect to know how you did, they all have great poker faces.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with others to achieve a goal.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met a few recruiters at career fair. Had a mock interview with my college with first recruiter which I believe got me my actual first interview with them. My first interview went poorly - the interviewer seemed bored and all over the place, showed up late to my interview and only spent about 15 minutes speaking to me

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Why do you want to be in sales?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone call, followed by a formal interview. If you pass these two most likely you will be invited for a small lunch with other candidates to talk more about the position and get to know you better. A third and fourth interview will take place. The last one will be at their headquarters. Finally, you will be taking on a field trip to get an idea/experience on how to perform your duties.

Interview Questions

• * If you were to see a coworker breaking the company's rules, what would you do?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria in January 2015.

Interview

Initial screen- informal one on one meeting with area manager
    Behavioral Interview- Behavioral and Situational questions, looking for the STAR method response
    Panel Case Study- given sales case study with market statistics, consumer insights. Have 30 minutes to formulate a plan and develop a sales pitch. Followed up with more behavioral/situational questions
    Day in the field- job shadow

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to prioritize tasks and choose one thing over another?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria (Knoxville, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially screened via telephone by a recruiter. Was scheduled for a "round 1" interview at a local hotel by 2 area Unit Managers a lady and a man. Both were very warm and friendly and fully explained the 3 step process of round 1. 1)Background screening based on your resume, 2)Behavioral interview and 3) turn the tables and allow me to ask them questions about the position and the company. I was told that we would be informed in a week or so if we make it to round 2 which is a panel interview with 3 or 4 people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to use the STAR method with this scenario: One of my customers agrees to try one of our new products based on a current promotion and based on the fact that I told him he could return the product for a full refund if it didn't sell for him. I somehow missed a new policy that came out the day before that said he could no longer return the product. He now calls me and he is ticked and wants an explanation. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

I interviewed at my college. I spoke with a recruiter who e-mailed me later and encouraged me to sign up. The interview was a 2-on-1 conversation, and they asked a series of behavioral questions (asked me to answer using the STAR method). Took very little interest in my past work and internship experience. I felt uncomfortable throughout the entire interview: the interviewers did not seem receptive to me or my answers at all, although I had solid work experience. I did not get an offer, but was sure upon leaving the interview that I did not want to go any further in the process anyways. I got a very negative impression of the company and its atmosphere through this interview and knew it was not a place I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I would do if other members of my team were lying to meet sales goals and making me look bad by comparison.   1 Answer

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Altria (Athens, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school. Recruiters came to interview me on campus and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. There were a lot of behavioral and situation questions, so be prepared for that. Also be prepared to back up your answers with follow up and why you answered the way that you did. They are looking for persistence.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sell and idea or product to someone.   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

It was difficult but fair 4 step process. I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. The recruiter moved me on to a phone screening with a Unit Manager and from there I was sent on to a 3 person panel interview that included a case study and 10-15min role play. I was contacted a few days after the panel interview for a day in the field with a unit manager and a seasoned TSM. Throughout the whole process everyone was extremely nice and did everything to make me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Typical SCAR/ STAR behavior based format.

Tell me about a time when you had to prioritize a few different tasks and how did you decide what to do first?

What is your biggest regret/ mistake in your current job and how would you do things differently if you could?

How do you feel about selling tobacco products to adult consumers?

Answer Question

Negotiation

I did attempt to negotiate and was told that the offer that was made was all they could offer at this time. I still accepted the job as the offer was very fair and was significantly better than what I was coming from.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The first interview is a two on 1 interview and then the second round interview is a panel case study in front of executives. Then the third round is a day in the field with an experienced territory sales mananger

Interview Questions

• When was a time you took something from a previous experience and used it to help you solve a problem   Answer Question