Altria Territory Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Altria (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Screening interview, Behavioral questions, Case study, Day in the field. The first interview was an informal screening process that asked general behavioral questions. The second part of the process included a panel interview with a case study and written questions behavioral questions. The final step of the interview was a day in the field with a territory sales manager and unit manager to get a better hands on feel for the day to day job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to convince a group of people?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Altria

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

Better be prepared to answer behavioral questions in the STAR format. The interview process is very difficult and takes a long time. During the panel interview, you are asked to roll play. During the roll play the managers in the room challenge you and ask several redundant questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Altria.

Interview

Three phases: Introductory, panel, job tryout Intro phases was very easy, common interview questions and a few behavioral Panel was a bit more challening--you need to make a sales pitch Job tryout is a day in the field

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Altria in May 2015.

Interview

Found out about the company through a friend who loved his time there as an intern. Went to a career fair to meet some of the recruiters. Very positive event. 2 weeks later was scheduled for an initial interview for the position in my home state. Found out 2 weeks later that I would move on to the panel interview. This was actually a little tough but still achievable. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks so I reached out to the office assistant who told me that someone was supposed to reach out to me last week to schedule the final portion of the interview. 3 weeks later I went on my ride along and felt I did very well. It's been a week and haven't heard anything.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Very technical/ situational questions. Star format. About an hour long interview, 3 different interviews. Very detailed answers are expected. Also have to answer a financial selling situation question. Expected to understand basics of cost/ profit & margin calculations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to analyze and apply data.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a base salary & I accepted.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

Extensive interview process. The first interview was a phone interview with the district manager. It lasted around 45 min. We reviewed my resume, and he asked what I knew about Altria. The next interview was with the unit and district manager. A quick review of the resume again followed by a series of STAR questions. The entire process lasted 45 min. The third interview was a panel interview at the Regional HQ. You arrive and are immediately given sales data for a fictitious coffee company you have to develop a sales call designed to stimulate increased promotion and sales of the coffee to a grocery store manager. You then go to the interview room and role play your sales call with the 4 members of the panel. It's fun so enjoy it! After that another STAR question or two. The final interview was a day in the field. I rode with the Unit Manager and was asked to present the products and work with the store employee's. This is an interview from the time you start until the end of the day. Once again enjoy it, it's fun. Everyone I met during the interview process was friendly, helpful and professional. Just don't expect to know how you did, they all have great poker faces.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with others to achieve a goal.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria (Austin, TX).

Interview

Met a few recruiters at career fair. Had a mock interview with my college with first recruiter which I believe got me my actual first interview with them. My first interview went poorly - the interviewer seemed bored and all over the place, showed up late to my interview and only spent about 15 minutes speaking to me

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Why do you want to be in sales?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Altria.

Interview

The interview process starts with a phone call, followed by a formal interview. If you pass these two most likely you will be invited for a small lunch with other candidates to talk more about the position and get to know you better. A third and fourth interview will take place. The last one will be at their headquarters. Finally, you will be taking on a field trip to get an idea/experience on how to perform your duties.

Interview Questions

• * If you were to see a coworker breaking the company's rules, what would you do?   Answer Question

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Altria in January 2015.

Interview

Initial screen- informal one on one meeting with area manager Behavioral Interview- Behavioral and Situational questions, looking for the STAR method response Panel Case Study- given sales case study with market statistics, consumer insights. Have 30 minutes to formulate a plan and develop a sales pitch. Followed up with more behavioral/situational questions Day in the field- job shadow

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to prioritize tasks and choose one thing over another?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Altria (Knoxville, TN) in December 2014.

Interview

Initially screened via telephone by a recruiter. Was scheduled for a "round 1" interview at a local hotel by 2 area Unit Managers a lady and a man. Both were very warm and friendly and fully explained the 3 step process of round 1. 1)Background screening based on your resume, 2)Behavioral interview and 3) turn the tables and allow me to ask them questions about the position and the company. I was told that we would be informed in a week or so if we make it to round 2 which is a panel interview with 3 or 4 people.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to use the STAR method with this scenario: One of my customers agrees to try one of our new products based on a current promotion and based on the fact that I told him he could return the product for a full refund if it didn't sell for him. I somehow missed a new policy that came out the day before that said he could no longer return the product. He now calls me and he is ticked and wants an explanation. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question