Alvarez & Marsal

Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

My first interview with A&M was on campus. The interview was conducted by one of the company's partners who was very nice and easy to talk with. After a few weeks the company had me come to their office in Chicago where I interviewed with five other employees whom I would be working with. They generally asked similar questions about past experiences and my interest in the firm etc. All of them were very nice and easy to talk to as well.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected. I reviewed information on A&M and prepared for the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal in July 2014.

Met with many people, senior and junior, in the office. They all took time to talk about their work, experiences and expectations. Everyone seemed intelligent, yet down-to-earth. Also, they really took the time to get to know me as a person and my likes/dislikes from a professional standpoint. Interview questions revolved around modeling certain scenarios and light accounting questions.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions were about examples of relevant experiences.   View Answer

Got another offer

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal in February 2014.

The process lasted about a month. Met with 3 different managers. Sat at different times and discussed why wanted to be part of A&M and what am I looking to get out of it. Each discussion lasted about an hour

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal in August 2012.

Straight forward with a few technical questions. Mostly care about who you are than anything else.

Interview Questions
    Get an understanding of how the bonus structure works.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

I have been approached by talent acquisition through a referral. Reviewed the business and decided to meet with the company. Had a few in person and phone interviews with talent acquisition folks first, followed by office visits and meetings with senior team members to review my background, motivation and fit with the company.

Interview Questions

I was reviewing multiple opportunities and another offer came with a better risk/reward profile for me.

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

Applied through my school career website and got a first round interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was extremely basic. We ran through my resume and talked about my previous experience and team work experience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

As an experienced hire I went through several phone screens with managers, directors and Managing Directors (Partner). I then had a lunch with a director and manager while in town, and was invited back for a formal onsite interview day, where I was interviewed by three different people - two directors and one Partner, and then went to lunch with a manager. It was a pretty typical interview process - where they wanted to get to know me, my experience and my ability to handle challenging customer interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I wasn't prepared to answer- all very straightforward.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal in January 2010.

Everybody was very research and math oriented (as opposed to other firms)

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really too many difficult questions. However, the interviewers were all analysts and consultants. It was one of the harder interviews   Answer Question

HIG Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

Group case interview

none

Director Interview

After submitting my resume for three days I got a phone interview from a director manager. It is my first interview in my life and I expect some personality questions but all questions are about my resume and very technology related. I dont think i did quite well. But it it definitely something I need to prepare for next interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult one is to ask me how can i use my personal strategy to contribute to firm's portfolio.   Answer Question

Worked for Alvarez & Marsal? Contribute to the Community!