Alvarez & Marsal Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014
45 interviews

3.1

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal in February 2014.

The process lasted about a month. Met with 3 different managers. Sat at different times and discussed why wanted to be part of A&M and what am I looking to get out of it. Each discussion lasted about an hour

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal in August 2012.

Straight forward with a few technical questions. Mostly care about who you are than anything else.

Interview Questions
    Get an understanding of how the bonus structure works.

Director Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

I have been approached by talent acquisition through a referral. Reviewed the business and decided to meet with the company. Had a few in person and phone interviews with talent acquisition folks first, followed by office visits and meetings with senior team members to review my background, motivation and fit with the company.

Interview Questions

I was reviewing multiple opportunities and another offer came with a better risk/reward profile for me.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

Applied through my school career website and got a first round interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was extremely basic. We ran through my resume and talked about my previous experience and team work experience.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

As an experienced hire I went through several phone screens with managers, directors and Managing Directors (Partner). I then had a lunch with a director and manager while in town, and was invited back for a formal onsite interview day, where I was interviewed by three different people - two directors and one Partner, and then went to lunch with a manager. It was a pretty typical interview process - where they wanted to get to know me, my experience and my ability to handle challenging customer interactions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing I wasn't prepared to answer- all very straightforward.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal in January 2010.

Everybody was very research and math oriented (as opposed to other firms)

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really too many difficult questions. However, the interviewers were all analysts and consultants. It was one of the harder interviews   Answer Question

HIG Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

Group case interview

none

Director Interview

After submitting my resume for three days I got a phone interview from a director manager. It is my first interview in my life and I expect some personality questions but all questions are about my resume and very technology related. I dont think i did quite well. But it it definitely something I need to prepare for next interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult one is to ask me how can i use my personal strategy to contribute to firm's portfolio.   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

I believe this process has probably changed since I was hired but all Managing Directors meet with either Tony Alvarez or Bryan Marsal. The idea is to have the opportunity to meet them and understand the underpinnings of the culture, as well as have them size you up.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly this would be about you bringing business to the firm.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Alvarez & Marsal.

Recruited through a former colleague

Interview Questions

Worked for Alvarez & Marsal? Contribute to the Community!