Alzheimer's Association

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.4

Development Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Initial phase is a telephonic interview with the HR Department, standard employment and experience questions. Second phase was with local Chapter Director and was more in depth regarding specific skills and experience. Third phase was again with the Chapter, this time with a committee comprised of employees and volunteers. Focus was on work ethic, experience and compatibility with co-workers and volunteers. Fourth phase was with the National HR Director. Final interview was with the District Special Events Director.

Interview Questions
    • How have you improved an existing program or event in a previous organization?   Answer Question
    Direct. Salary and benefits were stated following the acceptance of the position. Very fair and great benefit package.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Multiple interviews including a final one with the CEO. It is very important that you are a member of the team who compliments the team well. You will be introduced and interact with many people throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What value can you bring to our current staff that we do not already have?   Answer Question

Executive Director Chapter Level Interview

Initial interviews are by phone
    Most contact is from HR rather than with the hiring supervisor
    Did not get a chance to see actual facilities during interview process
    Final interview at national headquarters

Special Events Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association in August 2014.

Applied online, received call back within three weeks, and interviewed the next week. Process was quick and easy. Meet with two senior members of department to learn more about the role and their needs. Over all it was a good description of the actual work and felt like a good match.

Interview Questions
    • Always tricky being asked about connection to disease... for me I have one so I shared.   View Answer
    I countered salary once and it was accepted, additional requests like work from home were left to be determined after one year.

Manager, Special Events Interview

I filled out the online application and followed up on the phone with the office contact about setting up the interview. They emailed me back, I came in for a face to face interview, asked me normal interview questions. Called me soon after for a second round of interviews and then got offered the job.

Marketing and Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

I was contacted via emailed and an interview was set up for the following week. I met with the woman who would be my direct supervisor and then two other employees that I would also be working with if I were offered the job. The interview was very relaxed - all typical questions that you would expect.

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectations were asked in the initial interview and I was a bit thrown.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

One interview with CEO. Internship was very unsatisfying.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral and based on past experiences.   Answer Question

Development Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

After applying, a phone interview was conducted to get to know me. The interviewer was very pleasant and engaging. The interviewer asked relevant questions about the position and my resume. The next step was to conduct a face-to-face interview, which took longer to schedule than planned, but only by a few days. This was a little frustrating, but people do get busy and some things have to be re-prioritized.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do with your time when unemployed (in college or high school too)?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association in June 2013.

The hiring and interview process consisted of a question and answer of simple questions as to why I wanted to be a volunteer. Followed by a back round check. I did notice that almost everyone on staff was Jewish. Though that did not bother me because I can work with any ethnicity.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected or difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Over a month from start to offer

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was "allowed".