Alzheimer's Association

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager, Special Events Interview

Manager, Special Events

Interviewed at Alzheimer's Association

Interview Details – I filled out the online application and followed up on the phone with the office contact about setting up the interview. They emailed me back, I came in for a face to face interview, asked me normal interview questions. Called me soon after for a second round of interviews and then got offered the job.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over anyone else?   Answer Question

Marketing and Communications Coordinator Interview

Marketing and Communications Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview Details – I was contacted via emailed and an interview was set up for the following week. I met with the woman who would be my direct supervisor and then two other employees that I would also be working with if I were offered the job. The interview was very relaxed - all typical questions that you would expect.

Interview Question – Salary expectations were asked in the initial interview and I was a bit thrown.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Alzheimer's Association

Interview Details – One interview with CEO. Internship was very unsatisfying.

Interview Question – All questions were behavioral and based on past experiences.   Answer Question

Development Specialist Interview

Development Specialist

I applied online and interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview Details – After applying, a phone interview was conducted to get to know me. The interviewer was very pleasant and engaging. The interviewer asked relevant questions about the position and my resume. The next step was to conduct a face-to-face interview, which took longer to schedule than planned, but only by a few days. This was a little frustrating, but people do get busy and some things have to be re-prioritized.

Interview Question – What did you do with your time when unemployed (in college or high school too)?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Volunteer Interview

Volunteer
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in June 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process consisted of a question and answer of simple questions as to why I wanted to be a volunteer. Followed by a back round check. I did notice that almost everyone on staff was Jewish. Though that did not bother me because I can work with any ethnicity.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected or difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Director of Programs and Services Interview

Director of Programs and Services

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in October 2012.

Interview Details – An application was submitted and a week later an interview was given. In the interview, the CEO was very comfortable to speak with. Questions were asked regarding my children, the previous job and its definition, as well as job descriptions of other work completed

Interview Question – The question that was a challenge to answer was, "What do you consider to be your weaknesses?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Originally the job was submitted as part-time. Following the interview the full-time position was offered.

Regional Director Interview

Regional Director
Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in May 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, 2 rounds of interviews

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview Details – Over a month from start to offer

Interview Question – None were difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was "allowed".

Senior Specialist Interview

Senior Specialist
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview Details – Applied for a position and it took about a month for them to connect with me. I had an initial phone screening that lasted about 20-30 mintues. Asked me various basic questions about my experience and past employment. About a week later I was asked to do an in person interview with the person that would oversee my position. That interview was about 45-60 mintues. Again, background, getting to know me, personality check. After that I had a 30 minute group interview with a few people whom were to be on my team. More casual, getting to know you feel.

Interview Question – There really wasn't any difficult questions. More about my background and experience and what I could bring to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – About a week after the rounds of interviews, I was called and offered the position and offered a starting rate. I countered back as I felt the pay wasn't right for the position. They countered back with their final offer and said it was all based on past pay from the previous job with a percentage increase and it wasn't really specific for the job. They obviously had a cap but weren't willing to meet that cap only go a percentage above the previous job.

Grant Investment and Accounting Analyst Interview

Grant Investment and Accounting Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in March 2011.

Interview Details – After I applied for Alzheimers' Association, I quickly get phone interview. After the phone conversation, they decided ask me to their office to have a face to face interview. During the interview, they asked me general question and question about my filed of study. My advice is be prepared.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a conflict with a boss or professor? How was it resolved?   Answer Question

Worked for Alzheimer's Association? Contribute to the Community!