Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.2

Executive Director Chapter Level Interview

Initial interviews are by phone
    Most contact is from HR rather than with the hiring supervisor
    Did not get a chance to see actual facilities during interview process
    Final interview at national headquarters

Manager, Special Events Interview

I filled out the online application and followed up on the phone with the office contact about setting up the interview. They emailed me back, I came in for a face to face interview, asked me normal interview questions. Called me soon after for a second round of interviews and then got offered the job.

Marketing and Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

I was contacted via emailed and an interview was set up for the following week. I met with the woman who would be my direct supervisor and then two other employees that I would also be working with if I were offered the job. The interview was very relaxed - all typical questions that you would expect.

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectations were asked in the initial interview and I was a bit thrown.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

One interview with CEO. Internship was very unsatisfying.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were behavioral and based on past experiences.   Answer Question

Development Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

After applying, a phone interview was conducted to get to know me. The interviewer was very pleasant and engaging. The interviewer asked relevant questions about the position and my resume. The next step was to conduct a face-to-face interview, which took longer to schedule than planned, but only by a few days. This was a little frustrating, but people do get busy and some things have to be re-prioritized.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do with your time when unemployed (in college or high school too)?   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in June 2013.

The hiring and interview process consisted of a question and answer of simple questions as to why I wanted to be a volunteer. Followed by a back round check. I did notice that almost everyone on staff was Jewish. Though that did not bother me because I can work with any ethnicity.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected or difficult about the interview.   Answer Question

Director of Programs and Services Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in October 2012.

An application was submitted and a week later an interview was given. In the interview, the CEO was very comfortable to speak with. Questions were asked regarding my children, the previous job and its definition, as well as job descriptions of other work completed

Interview Questions
    • The question that was a challenge to answer was, "What do you consider to be your weaknesses?"   Answer Question
    Originally the job was submitted as part-time. Following the interview the full-time position was offered.

Regional Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association in May 2011.

Applied online, 2 rounds of interviews

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Over a month from start to offer

Interview Questions
    No negotiation was "allowed".

Senior Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Applied for a position and it took about a month for them to connect with me. I had an initial phone screening that lasted about 20-30 mintues. Asked me various basic questions about my experience and past employment. About a week later I was asked to do an in person interview with the person that would oversee my position. That interview was about 45-60 mintues. Again, background, getting to know me, personality check. After that I had a 30 minute group interview with a few people whom were to be on my team. More casual, getting to know you feel.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult questions. More about my background and experience and what I could bring to the position.   Answer Question
    About a week after the rounds of interviews, I was called and offered the position and offered a starting rate. I countered back as I felt the pay wasn't right for the position. They countered back with their final offer and said it was all based on past pay from the previous job with a percentage increase and it wasn't really specific for the job. They obviously had a cap but weren't willing to meet that cap only go a percentage above the previous job.

Worked for Alzheimer's Association? Contribute to the Community!