Alzheimer's Association Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.6

Community Relations and Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward and moved quickly. I applied online and received an email inviting me for a further interview. I was unable to do an in person interview so the interview was conducted via skype and went fantastic. Typical questions about background, experience and why I wanted to work for them.

Development Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Very straight forward questions, nothing to out of the ordinary. The interviewer was very nice and was very passionate for the organization. Great experience overall. Started with a 30 minute screening and then an in person interview. Then was contacted for another phone interview and then was offered the position

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for the Alzheimer's Association, tell me about your background   Answer Question

Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association in December 2014.

Interview

Interview was LONG (1.5 hours). They had a standard set of approximately 21 questions that they asked every candidate. There were 3 individuals in the interview panel - the Executive Director, the Development Director and one other. Each of them took turns asking one of their standardized questions. Each person in the interview ranked the candidate on a scale of 1 - 5 based on their responses. The panel then gave an opportunity for questions from the candidate.

Interview Questions

• Please explain one instance in which you worked with volunteers and the desired outcome was not being met. How did you deal with the volunteer? What was the outcome of that interaction?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Call from National Office with 2nd phone interview. Then they walked through benefits package and made offer. They were open for negotiations on salary.

Development Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association.

Interview

Initial phase is a telephonic interview with the HR Department, standard employment and experience questions. Second phase was with local Chapter Director and was more in depth regarding specific skills and experience. Third phase was again with the Chapter, this time with a committee comprised of employees and volunteers. Focus was on work ethic, experience and compatibility with co-workers and volunteers. Fourth phase was with the National HR Director. Final interview was with the District Special Events Director.

Interview Questions

• How have you improved an existing program or event in a previous organization?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Direct. Salary and benefits were stated following the acceptance of the position. Very fair and great benefit package.

Assistant Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Multiple interviews including a final one with the CEO. It is very important that you are a member of the team who compliments the team well. You will be introduced and interact with many people throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What value can you bring to our current staff that we do not already have?   Answer Question

Executive Director Chapter Level Interview

Interview

Initial interviews are by phone
    Most contact is from HR rather than with the hiring supervisor
    Did not get a chance to see actual facilities during interview process
    Final interview at national headquarters

Special Events Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Alzheimer's Association in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received call back within three weeks, and interviewed the next week. Process was quick and easy. Meet with two senior members of department to learn more about the role and their needs. Over all it was a good description of the actual work and felt like a good match.

Interview Questions

• Always tricky being asked about connection to disease... for me I have one so I shared.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I countered salary once and it was accepted, additional requests like work from home were left to be determined after one year.

Manager, Special Events Interview

Interview

I filled out the online application and followed up on the phone with the office contact about setting up the interview. They emailed me back, I came in for a face to face interview, asked me normal interview questions. Called me soon after for a second round of interviews and then got offered the job.

Marketing and Communications Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Alzheimer's Association (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via emailed and an interview was set up for the following week. I met with the woman who would be my direct supervisor and then two other employees that I would also be working with if I were offered the job. The interview was very relaxed - all typical questions that you would expect.

Interview Questions

• Salary expectations were asked in the initial interview and I was a bit thrown.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

One interview with CEO. Internship was very unsatisfying.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavioral and based on past experiences.   Answer Question