AmTrust Bank

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at AmTrust Bank in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process was very smooth, lots of tech questions

Interview Question – Linear programming   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
San Francisco, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at AmTrust Bank in March 2012.

Interview Details – There were three interviews in all. Things were going great I thought. The first interview was almost two hours. I was told that there were long hours for the busy times. They actually put their workers up in a hotel so they can sleep about six hours and then go back to work. They just merged with another company so they were trying to prove themselves. No work/life balance there.
I was asked to come back to speak with the manager of underwriting. This person wanted me as well. I was asked to come back for a third interview with a manager from their east coast main office.
After the interview I was told they were going to continue their interviewing, looking for an underwriter who worked at a specific company, saying they were the best. Why the heck did they make me go through all that then? From the looks of it, there is no goo work/life balance, and there must be a lot of pressure on their workers. There are about nine underwriters in this office. I don't think this would be a great work environment.

Interview Question – What would be your best contribution to your role?   Answer Question

Processor Interview

Processor
Cleveland, OH

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at AmTrust Bank in January 2012.

Interview Details – I didn't feel the questions asked were relevant for the position. It seemed like the interviewer was just going through the motions of the interview like they had already made up their mind on someone else. This could have been true since the person who was hired was a referral. It's not always what you know, but who you know.

Interview Question – what would you do if you were told to do something against policies?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST Interview

PERSONAL BANKING SPECIALIST
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at AmTrust Bank in March 2007.

Interview Details – I went to the branch office in West Palm Beach and the asst mgr and branch mgr were supposed to interview me. But the asst mgr mysteriously left about 5 minutes into the interview. Interview itself was easy and lasted about 45 minutes

Interview Question – Tell me about your biggest weakness? What would you do in this situation.... (I didn't know if it was a trick question or not)   Answer Question

Financial Services Associate Interview

Financial Services Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at AmTrust Bank.

Interview Details – I was referred by a friend who worked at the bank. I had two interviews. One with a representative from HR. The other interview was with the district manager. She asked about my experience, my education and other basic behavioral questions. Customer service skills are definitely a huge plus. They are very willing to work with college students as they have a college applicant program.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer. Explain the situation, the steps you took to resolve the issue and how the customer felt afterwards?   Answer Question

Worked for AmTrust Bank? Contribute to the Community!